Week 14 MNF: Gmen vs Packers @ 8:15pm EST 12/11/2023

Giants4eva

Monday Night Football in the frozen tundra! Doesn't get much more classic. With that said, i don't think this one is gonna be close. The Packers are coming off a huge win against the Chiefs and honestly Jordan Love and Co. looked impressive. They are fighting for playoff positioning and they look pretty stout. Love has truly started to come into his own. And that defense has played solid ball for the cheeseheads. I just cant see this going our way at all. 

Tommy D gets the start as per Brian Daboll yesterday. I have to admit i myself have enjoyed seeing him get some success, but the reality check is coming to him this monday night. We have beat the Commanders and Pats with Devito. No win is an easy win in the NFL, but those 2 teams are about as dysfunctional as it gets right now. If Devito wants to make a name for himself and truly create some QB controversy, he has to either 1- win this game or 2-get this game close to where it could be a last minute play to get us a win. Being blown out.. well.. that could happen. If Devito is able to bring us up the field and make a few nice drives against the Pack, it'll be interesting. But i don't see that happening. 

Packers 31 / Giants 7 

Edited by Giants4eva

Saquon Barkley is built like a truck and the Packers have been poor at run defense. Therein lies your chance.

If the Pack stack the box and manage to limit Saquon, it could be a long night. Also, while the Packers have looked increasingly good in their last three games (vs Chargers/Lions/Chiefs), they were bad early in the season, really bad against bad opposition, so there could be a reversion to what they were.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:10 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Saquon Barkley is built like a truck and the Packers have been poor at run defense. Therein lies your chance.

If the Pack stack the box and manage to limit Saquon, it could be a long night. Also, while the Packers have looked increasingly good in their last three games (vs Chargers/Lions/Chiefs), they were bad early in the season, really bad against bad opposition, so there could be a reversion to what they were.

Itll be a decent game. Id like to see Tommy D get a few more points put up for his stat line. Hopefully we can make it interesting 

Edited by Giants4eva

The Giants have screwed up everything this season. Except for the Panthers, every team ahead of us in the draft that played this week won. It would be just like the Giants this year to screw things up once again and beat the Packers. The defense scores a touchdown and sets up the offense for two easy touchdowns. The Packers with a chance to win the game as time runs out miss an easy field goal. 

Giants 21

Packers 20

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The Giants have screwed up everything this season. Except for the Panthers, every team ahead of us in the draft that played this week won. It would be just like the Giants this year to screw things up once again and beat the Packers. The defense scores a touchdown and sets up the offense for two easy touchdowns. The Packers with a chance to win the game as time runs out miss an easy field goal. 

Giants 21

Packers 20

Normally id agree with this statement. But honestly after seeing what Jordan Love is doing on offense with the Packers, i cant see us winning this game. He has really started to come in to his own as an up and coming young QB. I think this game will be interesting for a little, but were gonna get put away by the 2nd half. 

7 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Normally id agree with this statement. But honestly after seeing what Jordan Love is doing on offense with the Packers, i cant see us winning this game. He has really started to come in to his own as an up and coming young QB. I think this game will be interesting for a little, but were gonna get put away by the 2nd half. 

One should never doubt this team ability to shoot itself in the foot this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

This is what I predicted as well.

Crazy to see us win the way we did. Crazy and wonderful. The best I've seen us look since Arizona.

33 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Great win for the team. Sucks for the draft 

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

One should never doubt this team ability to shoot itself in the foot this season.

Listen, let's worry about the draft after week 18. Winning is fun; we should take them where we can get them. Within 15 minutes tonight, we went from picking 5 to 9 to 8. This is a fluid situation, and getting mad at your team winning is silly. 

Daniel Jones has literally never won a primetime game, and Tommy Devito does it on his first try while overcoming a Saquon Sabotage and while handing Lafleur his first ever December loss. This is absolutely stupid stuff we are seeing. It's fun!

• Like 3

Welp .. what can i say??... TOMMY CUTLETS LOL !!

I have to admit that was an entertaining game last night. That 2 min offense he operated at the end, he looked like a seasoned vet. Gotta tip my hat to him. We officially now have a QB controversy. What he did last night wasn't supposed to happen, nor did i think could happen. At this point guys, were 5-8.. somehow some mystical way we are actually still in this wild card hunt for the playoffs.. this is insanity.  Devito is the new version of Linsanity. The love affair going on right now with him and the city is something to embrace, because we haven't had much to smile about in a while around here. Hell of a game. Onto the Saints next Sunday.  (By the way I apologize about saying we were playing in the frozen tundra, my bad on that one)

Edited by Giants4eva

This 4 game stretch has me thinking about a lot of things related to the coaching staff.

Is it possible that Dabs and Co underestimated themselves and overestimated Daniel Jones? Like, is DJ actually just a Daboll-System QB? After we've all seen how Daboll has a relatively untalented UDFA performing, that's got to be in consideration. If Dabs and Kafka can get this sort of play out of Devito, what kind of play could they get out of Jayden Daniels or Bo Nix? Before last night, I was adamant that we needed to take one of the top 3 QBs in this upcoming draft (Williams, Maye, Daniels), but now, I'm not so sure we wouldn't be able to get great play out of the 4th through 6th QB in this insanely talented draft, and maybe we can wait until round 2 even to get somebody.

On the other side of the ball, a lot is talked about how the Packers have the youngest offense in the NFL, but they played the youngest defense in the NFL last night, and the defense won that battle pretty consistently. Wink is doing a great job with these young guys, and I'd really, really hate to see that all reset if he is gone after the season. No one is as plugged in as Jay Glazer is to the Giants, so is reports mean something. I really think Wink is gone after this year, and that is going to be really upsetting if it happens. He's a really good DC.

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Daniel Jones has literally never won a primetime game

Daniel Jones literally won on Sunday Night Football against the Commanders last season.

Tommy Devito does it on his first try while overcoming a Saquon Sabotage and while handing Lafleur his first ever December loss

Are you honestly comparing Tommy Devito to Daniel Jones?! While I no longer think Daniel Jones is the future of the Giants, I know Tommy Devito is just a backup. This offense is not doing well and the opposing defensive coaches don't even have a year of film on Devito yet.

Winning is fun; we should take them where we can get them.

For you, for me winning playoff games is fun. Even if this team somehow stumbles into the playoffs, we would just get smoked by the Eagles, Cowboys or 49ers in the first round.

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Devito is the new version of Linsanity.

I agree, the thing is Linsanity didn't last, enjoy it for the Saint game. When Devito goes against the Eagles, reality shall set in. He is a backup and nothing more.

51 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You sound fun.

Just for you, here is a fun fact I am stealing from the Packers board.

Per Herman, Since 1950, the only QB to complete 80% of his passes, rush for over 70 yards, commit no turnovers and not get sacked?

Tommy DeVito, Last night