Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it's a tiny premium, like 2%.

to make that trade, we might need to pay a 20% premium, or even more.

But, it's a starting point...and if the Vikings have to throw in next year's #1, they certainly have to get something back. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1) Chicago - Caleb Williams QB
2) Washington - Jayden Daniels QB

3) Minnesota - Trade from New England Patriots
Drake Maye QB

4) Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR
5) L.A. Chargers - Malik Nabers WR
6) N.Y. Giants -Joe Alt OT
7) Tennessee - Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT
8 ) Atlanta - Terrion Arnold CB
9) Chicago - Dallas Turner EDGE
10) N.Y. Jets - Rome Odunze WR

11)   New England - Trade from Minnesota Vikings
JJ McCarthy QB

12) Denver - Jared Verse EDGE

23) New England - Trade from Minnesota Vikings
Cooper DeJean CB

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-three-round-mock-draft-patriots-trade-back-still-land-j-j-mccarthy-three-qbs-go-in-second-round/?fbclid=IwAR3y17zYD2wlixU7b4Yl_8OYvwWLVUgWbbU-qcBCTx7pO0N_kMNVrRihuFk

good mock for the Patriots, that's for sure.

Edited by vike daddy

My prediction is they'll trade to 5 for JJ. I don't think they can take the chance that the Giants pass on him.  I don't think the Cardinals will trade back unless they are fine with 2  of the WRs and trade back to 6 but if they do want to load up on draft capital they will call the Vikings first

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

My prediction is they'll trade to 5 for JJ. I don't think they can take the chance that the Giants pass on him.  I don't think the Cardinals will trade back unless they are fine with 2  of the WRs and trade back to 6 but if they do want to load up on draft capital they will call the Vikings first

The Cardinals GM basically just said they're open for business. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

i'd be fine with that outcome, yes. and it's the one i've predicted for a month, we'll see if it comes through.

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

1) Chicago - Caleb Williams QB
2) Washington - Jayden Daniels QB

3) Minnesota - Trade from New England Patriots
Drake Maye QB

4) Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR
5) L.A. Chargers - Malik Nabers WR
6) N.Y. Giants -Joe Alt OT
7) Tennessee - Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT
8 ) Atlanta - Terrion Arnold CB
9) Chicago - Dallas Turner EDGE
10) N.Y. Jets - Rome Odunze WR

11)   New England - Trade from Minnesota Vikings
JJ McCarthy QB

12) Denver - Jared Verse EDGE

23) New England - Trade from Minnesota Vikings
Cooper DeJean CB

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-three-round-mock-draft-patriots-trade-back-still-land-j-j-mccarthy-three-qbs-go-in-second-round/?fbclid=IwAR3y17zYD2wlixU7b4Yl_8OYvwWLVUgWbbU-qcBCTx7pO0N_kMNVrRihuFk

good mock for the Patriots, that's for sure.

I think it makes a lot of sense for the Patriots to get a draft haul and still potentially get JJ. I'd he's not there they could build up the rest of the team and use the extra draft capital to get a QB next year.  They could afford to take the risk that McCarthy falls to 11 unlike the Vikings imo. Or they could trade back and then make a small trade up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They could afford to take the risk that McCarthy falls to 11 unlike the Vikings imo. 

in that scenario, Denver would have been trying to trade up for McC presumably, but perhaps found no partner.

it's The No QB at First Pick @PrplChilPill Mock Draft

The Vikings trade 11 and 108 to the Rams for 19,52 and 83.

19. Texas DT Byron Murphy II
The Vikings’ defensive line needs to be fortified and what better way to do so than getting one of the best players in the draft at the position? Murphy is an interesting player in that he plays and is built like a 3T but Texas played him at nose tackle because of his ability to handle double teams. That ability will be a massive benefit to the Vikings’ run defense and we haven’t even discussed how good Murphy is at getting penetration and rushing the passer.

23. Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.
This isn’t the best outcome for the Vikings. However, Penix is still a very good quarterback prospect, he’s just in a different tier than the top three. A downfield passer by trade, Penix isn’t someone that wants to create outside of structure, but if you keep him clean in the pocket, he can attack all levels of the field. There are some mechanical issues to work through and you have to figure out his reluctance in throwing over the middle of the field, but there is talent to work with.

52. Florida WR Ricky Pearsall
WR3 is a pressing need but it’s not one that needs to be addressed out of desperation. With a trade down to acquire more draft capital, this is a great opportunity to address the position with one of their day two picks. Pearsall can do a little bit of everything for you and tested very well during the pre-draft process and would give the Vikings three players who are interchangeable at the three wide receiver positions.

83: Houston OT Patrick Paul
The Vikings need to find some depth on the offensive line and finding a versatile player to develop should be a priority in this draft. Paul is a massive human who has 97th percentile arm length at 36 1/4″ at 6074 and 331 lbs. He needs work on his technique but strength isn’t a concern as he put up 30 reps on the bench press. He isn’t needed to play right away, which would allow him to develop into a swing tackle.

The Vikings trade picks 129 and 157 to the Colts for pick 117

117. Louisville CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr.
Even after signing Shaquill Griffin, the Vikings could use a cornerback to help fortify the room. With one of the positives about the Vikings being their versatility on the back end, Brownlee would fit like a glove. While his best fit might be in the slot, he has the tools to be able to thrive on the outside with his aggressive nature and ball skills.

157. LB/S James Williams
Second-level defenders are something that the Vikings are going to need and Williams is an intriguing fit. A bigger safety, Williams has been projected by many to be a linebacker at the next level. Getting a quality second-level defender should be a priority and hybrid defenders are becoming increasingly popular around the league.

167. New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube
The Vikings fortified their running back room in the short term by signing Aaron Jones but they still need to fortify the position. Laube can do that for the Vikings and give them an element that their backfield needs: a receiving threat.

The Vikings trade picks 230 and 232 to the Eagles for 210

210: Wisconsin C Tanor Bortolini
This draft class isn’t very deep on day three so doing a couple of two-for-one trades is a smart idea. Bortolini has his issues in a similar way to Garrett Bradbury where he can get blown up, but the speed and quickness profile is fantastic. Bet on that kind of profile in round seven to develop.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2024-7-round-mock-draft-michael-penix-jr-byron-murphy-ii/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0KO_QBwMuJAKwC6RiQrk2T3FoS6pEk8xokuxcz__rgiw6SUxX70EuMJQw

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

it's The No QB at First Pick @PrplChilPill Mock Draft

The Vikings trade 11 and 108 to the Rams for 19,52 and 83.

19. Texas DT Byron Murphy II
The Vikings’ defensive line needs to be fortified and what better way to do so than getting one of the best players in the draft at the position? Murphy is an interesting player in that he plays and is built like a 3T but Texas played him at nose tackle because of his ability to handle double teams. That ability will be a massive benefit to the Vikings’ run defense and we haven’t even discussed how good Murphy is at getting penetration and rushing the passer.

23. Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.
This isn’t the best outcome for the Vikings. However, Penix is still a very good quarterback prospect, he’s just in a different tier than the top three. A downfield passer by trade, Penix isn’t someone that wants to create outside of structure, but if you keep him clean in the pocket, he can attack all levels of the field. There are some mechanical issues to work through and you have to figure out his reluctance in throwing over the middle of the field, but there is talent to work with.

52. Florida WR Ricky Pearsall
WR3 is a pressing need but it’s not one that needs to be addressed out of desperation. With a trade down to acquire more draft capital, this is a great opportunity to address the position with one of their day two picks. Pearsall can do a little bit of everything for you and tested very well during the pre-draft process and would give the Vikings three players who are interchangeable at the three wide receiver positions.

83: Houston OT Patrick Paul
The Vikings need to find some depth on the offensive line and finding a versatile player to develop should be a priority in this draft. Paul is a massive human who has 97th percentile arm length at 36 1/4″ at 6074 and 331 lbs. He needs work on his technique but strength isn’t a concern as he put up 30 reps on the bench press. He isn’t needed to play right away, which would allow him to develop into a swing tackle.

The Vikings trade picks 129 and 157 to the Colts for pick 117

117. Louisville CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr.
Even after signing Shaquill Griffin, the Vikings could use a cornerback to help fortify the room. With one of the positives about the Vikings being their versatility on the back end, Brownlee would fit like a glove. While his best fit might be in the slot, he has the tools to be able to thrive on the outside with his aggressive nature and ball skills.

157. LB/S James Williams
Second-level defenders are something that the Vikings are going to need and Williams is an intriguing fit. A bigger safety, Williams has been projected by many to be a linebacker at the next level. Getting a quality second-level defender should be a priority and hybrid defenders are becoming increasingly popular around the league.

167. New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube
The Vikings fortified their running back room in the short term by signing Aaron Jones but they still need to fortify the position. Laube can do that for the Vikings and give them an element that their backfield needs: a receiving threat.

The Vikings trade picks 230 and 232 to the Eagles for 210

210: Wisconsin C Tanor Bortolini
This draft class isn’t very deep on day three so doing a couple of two-for-one trades is a smart idea. Bortolini has his issues in a similar way to Garrett Bradbury where he can get blown up, but the speed and quickness profile is fantastic. Bet on that kind of profile in round seven to develop.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-2024-7-round-mock-draft-michael-penix-jr-byron-murphy-ii/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0KO_QBwMuJAKwC6RiQrk2T3FoS6pEk8xokuxcz__rgiw6SUxX70EuMJQw

If they believe in Penix and can't get one of the top 4 QBs, that would be a very good draft at first glance

On 3/21/2024 at 6:41 AM, swede700 said:

The Cardinals GM basically just said they're open for business. 

Ossenfort: "There will be a big neon sign that says 'open' and I don't like it blinking, it messes with my eyes, but we're always going to be listening."

"I think we'll always have the conversation, we may not get to a point where a deal makes sense, whether it's at [pick No. 4] or anywhere we're picking, but we're always going to have the conversation and if it makes sense, if it's attractive to building our team, then it's something that we'll certainly consider no matter where we're at in the draft."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/clear-path-minnesota-vikings-draft-top-qb-2024?fbclid=IwAR12JVVSkF5dGEkGGTO6KyoNW22MlxR7HFczAntxrzskZVicbn13xfSfRrw

I don’t care who they draft at QB at this point. If O’ Connell believes in a guy; then they should get him. Whether it’s Daniels, Maye, McCarthy, Penix or Rattler. 

If they choose to stay and pick, I’ll be fine with that too. Get that DT Newton from Illinois and CB Mitchell. If that makes Jefferson want to leave (it shouldn’t) then do what you have to do. 

• Like 2