Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

4 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I mean as much as I want nothing to do with drafting 2 Quarterbacks, at the end of the day we got Drake Maye some I'm chill with it.

I'm not totally against drafting a QB on Day 1 and Day 3. In fact, it'd be pretty to see us draft McCarthy and the guy he replaced in Joe Milton lol

I find that unlikely though. I'm thinking McCarthy goes to #3 in New England. I don't think he'll succeed there but to the Patriots, they'll have "Brady Nostalgia" and draft the QB from Michigan who is on the smaller side but wins. 

They would probably be better off with Maye or Daniels, but I think that's who we end up with.

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With Jaren Hall on the roster, it really doesn’t make sense to double down and draft a Day 3 QB. 

I'm with you here. We shouldn't spend draft assets, but I would bring in an UDFA in order to provide some competition for the QB3 job. Hall has shown some flashes, but lacks consistency and is quite old for a developmental prospect...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With Jaren Hall on the roster, it really doesn’t make sense to double down and draft a Day 3 QB. 

Once we do draft a QB though, do you think we move Hall to the practice squad, or release/trade Mullens?

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Once we do draft a QB though, do you think we move Hall to the practice squad, or release/trade Mullens?

Ultimately, I think Mullens is on the outside looking in, although theoretically he could be kept on the practice squad (if he doesn't find a job elsewhere) and be called up as necessary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Dane Brugler, of The Athletic, has the Vikings trading up with Arizona at #4 and taking JJ McCarthy. 

And it's just #11, #23 and 2025 3rd rd pick to do so....and then ironically, he has the Cardinals trading right back up to #5, using the Vikings #11 and their #35. 

Other Vikings picks from his mock:

#108 - DT DeWayne Carter (Duke)

#129 - OG Mason McCormick (SDSU)

#157 - CB Qwan'tez Stiggers (CFL)

#167 - Edge Eric Watts (UConn)

#177 - WR Ainias Smith (Texas A&M)

#230 - LB Tyrice Knight (UTEP)

#232 - C Dylan McMahon (NC St) - Same school as Bradbury 😉

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4