Yeaaaaah Here We Goooo! Dallas @ Buffalo GDT

Trentwannabe

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Miami would legit be ****ting themselves having to face Allen with the division on the line. At home or not lol

I wouldn't say that.

I would say If I had to choose, no, I want no part in the Bills w/ division on the line in week 18. 

What a game! I said it last week but the Bills on O fully need to lean into Cook and Allen as their game plan. Let them dominate the run game and use the pass (and play action) when needed. The OL has been a revelation this season. 

We didn't get much help in the WC standings and I'm nervous that 10-7 might not get us in if the Bengals or Broncos or someone else is there. Which means we need to win out to 100% get into the playoffs. 

Which brings me to this point, do we want the Dolphins to win the next two and clinch the AFC East so week 18 isn't as meaningful? In that scenario, we wouldn't get a home playoff game but the path to 11-6 is easier since it's not a must win vs the dolphins. Or have them lose prior to week 18 and play for the division. The Bills control their own destiny with that situation but you're also playing the Dolphins in a must win in Miami. This team is getting hot and I just want them to make the playoffs so they can make some noise! 

If the Dolphins win out they'd be playing for the 1 seed & bye in week 18 so maybe my scenarios above are a moot point lol. 

EDIT: this is also me taking for granted the upcoming Chargers and Pats gave that we need to take seriously and close out. 

Interested to see the playoffs odds if we finish out at 10-7 vs 11-6.

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

What a game! I said it last week but the Bills on O fully need to lean into Cook and Allen as their game plan. Let them dominate the run game and use the pass (and play action) when needed. The OL has been a revelation this season. 

We didn't get much help in the WC standings and I'm nervous that 10-7 might not get us in if the Bengals or Broncos or someone else is there. Which means we need to win out to 100% get into the playoffs. 

Which brings me to this point, do we want the Dolphins to win the next two and clinch the AFC East so week 18 isn't as meaningful? In that scenario, we wouldn't get a home playoff game but the path to 11-6 is easier since it's not a must win vs the dolphins. Or have them lose prior to week 18 and play for the division. The Bills control their own destiny with that situation but you're also playing the Dolphins in a must win in Miami. This team is getting hot and I just want them to make the playoffs so they can make some noise! 

If the Dolphins win out they'd be playing for the 1 seed & bye in week 18 so maybe my scenarios above are a moot point lol. 

EDIT: this is also me taking for granted the upcoming Chargers and Pats gave that we need to take seriously and close out. 

I'll be rooting hard for the Cowboys and Ravens the next two weeks. Bills need to take care of their business vs LA and NE but if we go into week 18 against Miami with the division on the line, all the pressure is on them IMO.

We'll know whether a loss gets us into the playoffs (I think unlikely unless 2 of Cin, Hou and IND collapse). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

E

Win

You should realize I was doing this in the last 5 or so GDT’s as a comical little consistency / superstition thing. Obviously it was written in a way that wasn’t serious for a reason. I know your team has been playing .500 level football for much of the season and you feel like you just won the SB with your team in desperation mode against a coasting Dallas team caught napping.. but don’t take it too personally.

Edited by NoFlyZone

43 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

You should realize I was doing this in the last 5 or so GDT’s as a comical little consistency / superstition thing. Obviously it was written in a way that wasn’t serious for a reason. I know your team has been playing .500 level football for much of the season and you feel like you just won the SB with your team in desperation mode against a coasting Dallas team caught napping.. but don’t take it too personally.

It sounds like you’re the one taking it personally. Best of luck the rest of the way, especially this week vs the Dolphins.

Edited by Billsfaninptown
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Thing is if Miami wins the next two, they could be playing for the one seed, so they won’t be resting either way.

• Like 1