QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not out of the question Minshew and AOC could get better. At least we aren’t overpaying for a 30+ injury prone QB

So our QB room is 100% going to be better because two QB’s that are super limited physically and were bottom tier starters last season might get better? 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So our QB room is 100% going to be better because two QB’s that are super limited physically and were bottom tier starters last season might get better? 

Our QB room is better than last years . There’s no lie detected 

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Our QB room is better than last years . There’s no lie detected 

Going from the 30th to 28th best QB room in the NFL isn’t exactly something to be proud of. We also look worse on the OL, lost Jacobs, and hired one of the worst play callers in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Going from the 30th to 28th best QB room in the NFL isn’t exactly something to be proud of. We also look worse on the OL, lost Jacobs, and hired one of the worst play callers in the NFL. 

We’re barely a week into FA. How does our OL look worse? JE was an above average player that will be replaced easily. 

I can’t imagine Getsey is worse than JMD

Jacobs maybe had a 1-2 years left of productivity. Certainly wasn’t signing him at 4/48

QB options were limited. I’m not mad at Minshew

’Cousins got extremely overpaid.

Trade up for Daniels/Maye/Williams is impossible 

JJ value has went up due to those teams not budging off those selections 

Wilson I wanted but he chose Pittsburgh.

Fields was intriguing but he needs a lot of development and the rest of the league showed what his value was 

• Like 2

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

We’re barely a week into FA. How does our OL look worse? JE was an above average player that will be replaced easily. 

I can’t imagine Getsey is worse than JMD

Jacobs maybe had a 1-2 years left of productivity. Certainly wasn’t signing him at 4/48

QB options were limited. I’m not mad at Minshew

’Cousins got extremely overpaid.

Trade up for Daniels/Maye/Williams is impossible 

JJ value has went up due to those teams not budging off those selections 

Wilson I wanted but he chose Pittsburgh.

Fields was intriguing but he needs a lot of development and the rest of the league showed what his value was 

We currently don’t have starters at RG or RT, how does it not look worse? 

JMD wasn’t a great head coach but he was a good play caller. Did you miss his first season here when his system put up 2 first team All Pros and was 12th in scoring? Getsy was absolutely terrible in Chicago. 

As it stands we project to have one of the worst offenses in football next year.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

JMD wasn’t a great head coach but he was a good play caller. Did you miss his first season here when his system put up 2 first team All Pros and was 12th in scoring? Getsy was absolutely terrible in Chicago. 

As it stands we project to have one of the worst offenses in football next year.

McDaniels couldn’t get over 20 points before getting packed up lmao. Getsey could do that with a far worse talented offense 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We will find a guard at some point this offseason. Munford will battle it out with potentially a 1st round Tackle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

We will find a guard at some point this offseason. Munford will battle it out with potentially a 1st round Tackle

So at best we’ve made lateral moves after having one of the worst offenses in football last year.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

McDaniels couldn’t get over 20 points before getting packed up lmao. Getsey could do that with a far worse talented offense 

JMD as an OC has multiple championships, Getsy was terrible and that’s why he got canned. 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

JMD past doesn’t count. He was terrible with us

We had the 12th best offense in the league with 2 first team all pro’s his first season. He was an elite OC, which is why 3 different NFL franchises hired him as a head coach. The Raiders didn’t even want Getsy, they settled on him after Kliff bailed. Just like they’ll settle with Minshew because they’re not serious about a real franchise QB

Fwiw rattler pro day looked way better than nix I also see the arm strength/talent from rattler that people talked about. Rattler def more natural thrower. Nix prolly better at processing. Interesting year with qb prospects. Nix pro day was slow tempo and looked watered down imo

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fwiw rattler pro day looked way better than nix I also see the arm strength/talent from rattler that people talked about. Rattler def more natural thrower. Nix prolly better at processing. Interesting year with qb prospects. Nix pro day was slow tempo and looked watered down imo

Thank god you saw it at the pro day because it was not evident at South Carolina the last two seasons. 

I mean this is a dude that had 37 passing TD in 25 games at South Carolina. And 22 of them (60%) came in 6 games against Vanderbilt (2x) (2-10 / 5-7), Furman, Florida (5-7), Mississippi State (5-7), and Tennessee. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

you literally celebrated foing from 20th to 30th...
calm down at people being happy that at least its going in the right direction.

again, you got to be happy about regressing... people can be happy its improving. 

Its a big difference. Getting better vs getting wrose. 

it is tough to find a good QB in this league, ive said it for years, but you and other raider fans seem to think that only the Raiders are looking for qbs lol

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Better at the senior bowl also. That's when he started standing out to me. 

• Like 1