QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rattler will be there at #77 and possibly #112, he's not worth a second round pick, he's old and he sucked at South Carolina. 

I think in our situation, you either bite the bullet and take Nix or Penix at 13 unless someone falls, take BPA and hope one of them lasts until 44 or trade back up, or trade down into the 20s and spare just a little quality in favor of quantity. 

Und r no circumstances would I take Rattler at 44, probably not at all. If we're out of the top 6, I'd focus on trying to get someone with actual untapped potential in Michael Pratt or punt on QB altogether and try and get a Slovis type day 3 or as a UDFA. 

Our first 3 picks need to make some sort of impact, not go to a hope and prayer project QB like Rattler. And when the time is right to take Rattler, there's more appealing options, imo. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They traded back into the first round to take Lamar when they already had a franchise QB. They didn't go years in between having a legit QB to build around. They've also drafted like 4 OL in the first 3 rounds over the last decade, they didn't prioritize RT over a QB.

Technically they did prioritize a TE over a QB. They just traded back up into the first so it didn't matter

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Better at the senior bowl also. That's when he started standing out to me. 

They had Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco at QB, Lamar was a luxury pick but they didn’t wait to get better at the position. They weren’t considering punting on a QB with Minshew.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They had Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco at QB, Lamar was a luxury pick but they didn’t wait to get better at the position. They weren’t considering punting on a QB with Minshew.

Lol in the last 3 years before they drafted Lamar Jackson. Flacco hadn't thrown for more than 20 touchdowns inconsistently threw at least 12 ints a year. They knew they needed a quarterback. Just why he got benched Lamar Jackson's rookie year even though Lamar Jackson didn't know how to throw the football yet. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Lol in the last 3 years before they drafted Lamar Jackson. Flacco hadn't thrown for more than 20 touchdowns inconsistently threw at least 12 ints a year. They knew they needed a quarterback. Just why he got benched Lamar Jackson's rookie year even though Lamar Jackson didn't know how to throw the football yet. 

Lamar didn’t know how to throw a football yet and put up better numbers then Rattler.

Lamar was younger as the NFL MVP then Rattler was stinking it up at South Carolina. 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bro said Nix / Penix at #13 was too big of a reach to justify then suggested we take Rattler 2 rounds earlier then he should go.

I would take Penix and Nix at 13 all day over Rattler at 44. Wouldn’t even hesitate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Same because those two are at least good at football unlike Rattler.

One senior bowl week and people think he’s the super sleeper gem QB. Dude has a plus arm and that’s it. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

One senior bowl week and people think he’s the super sleeper gem QB. Dude has a plus arm and that’s it. 

I don't even think his arm is all that, led the country in interceptions down the field over the last two seasons. 

We have guys saying that Allen and Love solidified their stock at the Senior Bowl when they were both considered first round talents before their final season in college. I think it's because Rattler had 18 TD, that's 6 more TD than AOC had last year btw.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't even think his arm is all that, led the country in interceptions down the field over the last two seasons. 

We have guys saying that Allen and Love solidified their stock at the Senior Bowl when they were both considered first round talents before their final season in college. I think it's because Rattler had 18 TD, that's 6 more TD than AOC had last year btw.

Rattler has hardly anything going for him when you actually sit down and evaluate the QB position. He’s had a couple good games against teams that were either A) bad or B) Tennessee who constantly does Tennessee things. He has a strong arm, but he’s not accurate and he’s not shown a great ability to throw with anticipation. He’s not athletic. At all. He is a poor on field general and doesn’t possess the ability to be a threat pre snap. There’s literally nothing about him that shouts “the guy” to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Rattler has hardly anything going for him when you actually sit down and evaluate the QB position. He’s had a couple good games against teams that were either A) bad or B) Tennessee who constantly does Tennessee things. He has a strong arm, but he’s not accurate and he’s not shown a great ability to throw with anticipation. He’s not athletic. At all. He is a poor on field general and doesn’t possess the ability to be a threat pre snap. There’s literally nothing about him that shouts “the guy” to me. 

But he was the Senior Bowl MVP, that's what matters, that's why Josh Allen went first round.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But he was the Senior Bowl MVP, that's what matters, that's why Josh Allen went first round.

My thing is the Senior Bowl should be a minor adjuster in draft value. Yay he had a great senior bowl, maybe I’ll take him in the 4th instead of the 5th. There is no way it should push you out of the mid rounds into the first 99.9% of the time. 

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar didn’t know how to throw a football yet and put up better numbers then Rattler.

Lamar was younger as the NFL MVP then Rattler was stinking it up at South Carolina. 

#betterteamincollege 

But also had nothing to do what we were talking about either LOL

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I forgot that Louisville is a college football powerhouse. So you’re saying Rattler can’t elevate his game teammates 

Depends what you mean by that. If by that you mean playing on a team that consists a line that rotated 3 LTs 3 LGs 2 Cs 2 RGs & 4 RTs to somehow win against SEC teams like Georgia I would say no. Can you make receivers catch the ball? No. Can he get the best out of a group like that? Yea probably.