2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

Pretty sure it's over a 4 year period, not year-to-year. 

It also has to do directly with cash spending, so even though we're under on cap space our cash spending can be at or over the cap number, which I believe we have been the last few years. I think this year was the first year we've been frugal with cash outflow. 

Thanks, I wasn't sure the details. I just remember it being said during the last negotiations.  

17 hours ago, Totty said:

That list was contingent on taking a QB.  I wouldn't honestly either if we don't have a viable answer at QB.  That said... upgrading the OL and adding a Tee Higgins-like redzone guy is to a rookie QBs advantage.  

Add in that the CBA dictates that a certain percentage of cap must be spent.  (how we have 34 million in space RN is beyond me with no repercussion) 

I would have to run the numbers but it is a percentage over a 4 year period of cash spent, not cap space I believe.

33 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would have to run the numbers but it is a percentage over a 4 year period of cash spent, not cap space I believe.

It's 90% of cap space over a given number of years. Number of years depends on which year group (2021-2023, 2024-2026(current time frame), or 2027-2030.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/12/section/9