2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jimmy was held back by JMD, we should've given him a chance with Getsy. 

Why do the best coaches in the league all love Jimmy? Bellicheck, Shanahan, and now McVay.

Lol you were defending JMD earlier today saying he won Championships, now he’s the one holding back Jimmy G smh. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Jimmy Garopollo 

7 TDs 9 Ints 

1205 Yards 

Benched after 7 games 

^Cant be worse than that guy

Do you know what happened the last time an NFL franchise had Minshew as their day one starter? They went 1-15 and were one of the worst teams in NFL history.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Do you know what happened the last time an NFL franchise had Minshew as their day one starter? They went 1-15 and were one of the worst teams in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Jimmy Garopollo 

7 TDs 9 Ints 

1205 Yards 

Benched after 7 games 

^Cant be worse than that guy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Lol you were defending JMD earlier today saying he won Championships, now he’s the one holding back Jimmy G smh. 

I think it's pretty safe to say that JMD is a better play caller than Luke Getsy. I mean JMD got hired by the Broncos, Colts, and Raiders because of his work as an OC. Getsy tanked Fields value from a potential franchise QB to being traded away for a 6th round pick as he got ran out of town in Chicago.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You’re making it seem like he’s a clear upgrade over AOC. When AOC produced basically identical numbers being thrown into the fire with an interim play caller as a 4th round rookie and Minshew is supposed to be a good veteran starter.

Thanks for admitting I didn't say he was a high level player. Neither of them should be starting for the Raiders next year, but unfortunately it seems like one of them will be. And in that case I think it should be Minshew because he'll hold the offense back less.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think it's pretty safe to say that JMD is a better play caller than Luke Getsy. I mean JMD got hired by the Broncos, Colts, and Raiders because of his work as an OC. Getsy tanked Fields value from a potential franchise QB to being traded away for a 6th round pick as he got ran out of town in Chicago.

But it was JMD that held back Jimmy G….lol

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Minshew rushed for 100 yards total last year and ran a 4.97 yard 40 at his Pro Day. He’s not a good athlete.

He is also going into year 6 in the league so he is what he is. AOC is going into year 2 and already performed on par with Minshew statistically for a fraction of the cost. 

If we paid Winston or Lock money for him then I would be fine with it. But we paid a premium for a JAG with a Stache. 

I think it's a fair point to say that Minshew is who he is. Which is ultimately a very low-end starter/high-end backup, and which I've never disputed.

AOC, I just don't see a future there. You're right that he's young and could develop, but I've been on record since very early into his tenure as our starting QB last year that he just doesn't have it. There's nothing special in his game, nothing that makes me think his ceiling is anything other than a middle of the road backup. In the modern day NFL you need to be able to scramble to some extent, and he's just a total statue back there. His arm is fine, but you need more than that in the 2020s. And yeah, Minshew may not be the most athletic guy in the world either, but at least the play isn't immediately dead as soon as it breaks down like it is with AOC.

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

But it was JMD that held back Jimmy G….lol

I don't think being a better play caller than Getsy is really a crowning achievement. Did you see the Bears play over the last two years?

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Thanks for admitting I didn't say he was a high level player. Neither of them should be starting for the Raiders next year, but unfortunately it seems like one of them will be. And in that case I think it should be Minshew because he'll hold the offense back less.

Just crazy to me that we hired AP because we were supposedly ready to compete under our next great head coach and their plan is to start Minshew.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy was held back by JMD, we should've given him a chance with Getsy. 

When you complain about mediocrity and then come up with this.. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Dessie said:

When you complain about mediocrity and then come up with this.. 🤦‍♂️

Again, if you could go back in time and told our fanbase the off-season would go like:

We hire Tom Telesco as GM

We hire Luke Getsy as our OC

Let Jacobs and the whole right side of the OL walk

Sign Minshew to be our starting QB

That sounds like an absolute worst case scenario.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rattler's first 10 games at South Carolina as a 23 year old:

1,928 yards | 8 TD | 9 INT

#FutureFranchiseQB

Jimmy Garopollo 

7 TDs 9 Ints 

1205 Yards 

Benched after 7 games 

Spencer Rattler 2022(The whole season)

18 TDs 12 Ints 

3026 Yards 

(using stats from two years ago as a bad argument by the way lol)

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Again, if you could go back in time and told our fanbase the off-season would go like:

We hire Tom Telesco as GM

We hire Luke Getsy as our OC

Let Jacobs and the whole right side of the OL walk

Sign Minshew to be our starting QB

That sounds like an absolute worst case scenario.

Worst case scenario would have been sticking with Jimmy G, like you wanted. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Spencer Rattler 2022(The whole season)

18 TDs 12 Ints 

3026 Yards 

Rattler who supposedly has an NFL arm on deep passes completed 42% of his attempts 20+ yards down the field with 12 INT on 100 attempts. At 6'0 200 with a 5 second forty yard dash getting strapped in college while being the same age as Jalen Hurts, I mean how can you not love this dude?