Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp it didn’t work one time so we better not ever do it again….

No I’m saying Peters shouldn’t pass on a top QB prospect like Dan/Ron did in 2020 bc they could take a different position or they could trade down for the haul of question marks as Ace wants to do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, taylor made said:

This is like going from a Ford Pinto to a Tesla. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly Peters was responsible for in San Fran though. Also their last two drafts don't have many high draft picks and don't seem that promising. I think he'll be at least the equivalent of Kyle Smith making the draft picks, which basically means just pick the obvious BPA pick. The future is bright for the first time in a while. 

Here’s the thing……..I just don’t want him to let his ego get in the way.  If he wants to make the picks, that’s fine.  But it’s like a head coach doing the playcalling……..I just don’t like it.  There is only a certain amount of time in the day, and Peter’s has an entire front office to run.  He can’t get into the weeds of scouting.  Hopefully he has a great front office that can put all of that together for him, and it’s a collaborative effort to make the pick.  Because if he’s making the pick solely because he can “finally” do that, we’re not much better off than before.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

After how CJ Stroud has performed and the playoff game today, Bobby Slowik is getting lot more love along with Ben Johnson as the possible new HC. 

9, 268, 72 

6, 337, 72 

The first line is the Texans points, team yards and plays against the Ravens, the second is the same numbers for the Lions when they played the Ravens.  You have to at least interview Mike McDonald.  

Great defense still is king in the NFL.  The Ravens also managed to win those games by double digit points, on about 15 less plays.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

9, 268, 72 

6, 337, 72 

The first line is the Texans points, team yards and plays against the Ravens, the second is the same numbers for the Lions when they played the Ravens.  You have to at least interview Mike McDonald.  

Great defense still is king in the NFL.  The Ravens also managed to win those games by double digit points, on about 15 less plays.  

As I’ve stated before I would want Mike Macdonald but I see the value of an Offensive minded HC to team up with a rookie QB. As @e16bball has pointed out if you have a Defensive guy as HC and a OC to team up with the Rookie QB and have success he could possibly be in demand to have his own team, leave and then you start that whole thing all over again with somebody else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You could talk me into Macdonald depending on the who the OC is, but that better be a home run. 

Tee Martin is the Ravens QB coach we could hire him to be our OC

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As I’ve stated before I would want Mike Macdonald but I see the value of an Offensive minded HC to team up with a rookie QB. As @e16bball has pointed out if you have a Defensive guy as HC and a OC to team up with the Rookie QB and have success he could possibly be in demand to have his own team, leave and then you start that whole thing all over again with somebody else. 

Again, what I’ve said about the front office rings true here……….you pick a guy who ultimately is going to put the structure in place.  

Look at the longest tenured coaches this past season outside of Belichick- Tomlin, Harbaugh and Reid.  Tomlin doesn’t call plays, and had only a year of coordinator experience before getting the job.  Harbaugh was special teams coordinator for the Eagles.  Andy Reid does call plays, but has an OC who game plans the offense and quite frankly, has such a large coaching tree that he’s proven the leadership capacity to be a head coach, call plays and have a say in the front office.  

Take a closer look at Harbaugh.  He’s won big games with two drastically different QBs- Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson.  Based on his personnel, he hired the coordinators he thought could get the most out of the talent that was there.  He didn’t let the coach pigeonhole themselves into their own system and their own players.  

Ultimately, don’t we want a 10 year plus longevity in the front office and coach?  If so, that’s going to require us to eventually transition just about the whole roster.  We need someone who can hire the right people to put their system into play, not someone whose identity is wrapped up in their system.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You could talk me into Macdonald depending on the who the OC is, but that better be a home run. 

Team Mike Macdonald with a Tommy Rees or a Ryan Grubb. Grabbing an offensive guy from college maybe would keep him a little longer than if he was in the pros for  some time?  

Andy Reid vs. Nick Sirianni

Sean McVay vs. Zac Taylor

Bruce Arians vs. Andy Reid

Andy Reid vs. Kyle Shanahan

The last 4 Super Bowls have featured exclusively offensive coaches. With the exception of the Niners (of course), they all featured the pairing of a top offensive mind with a top talent at QB. 

I think that’s where the NFL lives now. I think guys like MacDonald and Vrabel seem like great candidates, but I think they’ll have a hard time maintaining continuity between QB and offensive playcaller .

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Welp it didn’t work one time so we better not ever do it again….

But we traded too 2!!! I will say the Snyder era def paid it forward for the number two pick to be gold because we missed a bunch at 2 and the second round maybe Peters ends that this year he has 3 chances