Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mike Macdonald and Garrett Riley

Ben Johnson and Jesse Minter

I get people want Minter, but I doubt he leaves Harbaugh at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I get people want Minter, but I doubt he leaves Harbaugh at the moment. 

I know but he wouldn’t be a bad 2nd place prize if M.Macdonald isn’t the pick. Throw some extra cheddar and go be on his own without JH. Sounds good to me!

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d like to pivot to something. 

Let’s assume we hire Ben Johnson. Who do you all want to possibly see be brought in for DC?

On the otherside, we hire Mike Macdonald. Who for OC?

If we hire Mike MacDonald I want Tee Martin to be the OC, he's worked with Lamar Jackson as his QB coach & Lamar’s had his best passing year of his career.

If we hire Ben Johnson, I want Dre’ Bly to be our DC.

OC: Mark Brunell

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

HC Candidate that has performed the best in the playoffs so far has been M. Macdonald. 
Ben Johnson has 2nd half to improve, see what he does. 4:30 on Sunday. 

Idk Macdonald has one game against a rookie QB. Ben has managed these games perfectly continued the run big time TE play good lord it’s not just LaPorta

• Like 2

Yeah this is how an offense should look!!! A OL a physical WR1 a burner a speed back that can catch and has good vision and some power and a power back and last but we all know it’s my 1 a great TE!!! I’d take Bowers and wouldn’t even think twice about it!!! If I could move back a spot or two great even better but just good lord get a TE!!! 

If we’re sticking in the 4-3, I’d be pretty interested in Ryan Nielsen as a DC option. Looks like the Falcons are going to let him walk. They had a pretty nice season on defense and took a big leap forward under his stewardship — although surely some of that was related to signing a few good players.

He’s a DL coach by trade, and extremely well-regarded in that area. We may need some help with that, especially if the draft skews heavily towards the offense (as I expect it to).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah this is how an offense should look!!! A OL a physical WR1 a burner a speed back that can catch and has good vision and some power and a power back and last but we all know it’s my 1 a great TE!!! I’d take Bowers and wouldn’t even think twice about it!!! If I could move back a spot or two great even better but just good lord get a TE!!! 

I’ve said that a rebuild is going to not bear fruit until the third year, and the Lions are proof of that.  They had an awful roster when Campbell took over, and had to rebuild an organizational culture.  This is what we are looking at.  Get ready for a rough year, probably two, but it should bear fruit in the end.  

• Like 1

JP Finlay

For me there’s one lasting question w Ben Johnson. It ain’t scheme. At all. It’s running the operation. That Lions staff is full of alphas. Dan Campbell is a human hurricane and Aaron Glenn is a DUDE. Nobody knows Johnson’s ability to be the boss, but there’s no way to know until you know.

I’d argue the most about impressive thing w Ben Johnson is the development and play of Jared Goff. A QB Sean McVay wanted nothing to do with. McVay was done. McVay is brilliant. Seriously. And Johnson figured it out. Clearly Goff played the most important role, but Johnson clearly speaks quarterback.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JP Finlay

For me there’s one lasting question w Ben Johnson. It ain’t scheme. At all. It’s running the operation. That Lions staff is full of alphas. Dan Campbell is a human hurricane and Aaron Glenn is a DUDE. Nobody knows Johnson’s ability to be the boss, but there’s no way to know until you know.

I’d argue the most about impressive thing w Ben Johnson is the development and play of Jared Goff. A QB Sean McVay wanted nothing to do with. McVay was done. McVay is brilliant. Seriously. And Johnson figured it out. Clearly Goff played the most important role, but Johnson clearly speaks quarterback.

Part of interviewing Aaron Glenn is also gaining some background on Johnson, I’d have to think.  Even if Johnson doesn’t really come up, you can get a feel for what he’s responsible for and how he does his job, based on Glenn’s answers to those same questions. 

Also, agree on Goff.  Everyone wrote him off as a salary dump, that the Lions would move on from when the huge amount of dead money was gone.  And yet, here he is.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

We all want Bowers, but you don't take Bowers at #2 over the 3 best QB prospects when you don’t have a franchise QB.

Sign a TE in FA to upgrade Logan or Draft a TE in R2 or 3 

Grant Paulsen 

QB expected completion percentage in this playoff round. (Who had the easiest throws asked of them):

Highest: 67%, Goff
Lowest: 58%, Stroud

I’ve always thought good offensive coaching is about making your QB’s life easier. It’s awesome what Ben Johnson has done with Jared Goff. From exiled to playing at a top-10 level the past two years.

• Like 3