Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Weaver is going up.  The man is getting HC interviews without ever being a coordinator.  It would be a very short stint here in Washington, and he may not even have great results as far as rankings go.  I think it’s more that front office guys just want to see him in that role.  

He is moving up and possibly his 2nd  interview with us is for DC and not HC. To me when no team was waiting for Ben Johnson; the most coveted candidate, to me it’s been a done deal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He is moving up and possibly his 2nd  interview with us is for DC and not HC. To me when no team was waiting for Ben Johnson; the most coveted candidate, to me it’s been a done deal. 

I’m talking about with other teams.  He is getting those HC interviews, and has gotten them for a couple years.  And yes, his second with us might just be a foregone conclusion on Johnson getting the HC job.  I could also see his second interview with us as serious interest in McDonald, and seeing how each of them impact the defense to see who is responsible for what, and if McDonald really is the person behind the defense this year.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, offbyone said:

And since we are waiting around twiddling our thumbs anyways, why not interview Vrabel?  I don't get it.  

Agreed on Vrabel, he's a great HC & not old at the age of 48.

It's not his fault the front office wouldn't re-sign AJ Brown & traded him away. I sure wish AJ Brown was still on the Titans & the Eagles were stuck with Treylon Burks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think Raheem Morris to the Falcons is an underrated one.  Depending on who he picks as his OC and how they end up with a QB, that team could be sneaky good really quick.  He was in my top 5 for this job.  

I'm happy for Raheem, but I'm glad it wasn't us. I'll never forget how bad our secondary was under Shanahan, Haslett & Morris from 2010-2013. So, I didn't want him.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm happy for Raheem, but I'm glad it wasn't us. I'll never forget how bad our secondary was under Shanahan, Haslett & Morris from 2010-2013. So, I didn't want him.

Maybe he’s a better leader than coach 

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed on Vrabel, he's a great HC & not old at the age of 48.

It's not his fault the front office wouldn't re-sign AJ Brown & traded him away. I sure wish AJ Brown was still on the Titans & the Eagles were stuck with Treylon Burks.

Not too mention Tannenhill has been his best qb and he has been given some projects.  I like that he had a constantly competitive team with an average qb, who buy the way fits the mold of maye.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Are you thinking of Bobby Slowik, Shane Day I think works for the Texans. 

Shane Day and Ben has been on several of Johnson's staffs.  You are right if Slowik leaves he might take that spot, but it seems Day overlaps with Johnson a lot.  He was actually a coach here a long time ago for a short stint.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Shane Day and Ben has been on several of Johnson's staffs.  You are right if Slowik leaves he might take that spot, but it seems Day overlaps with Johnson a lot.  He was actually a coach here a long time ago for a short stint.

Ok nice work. Saw Hank Fraley would probably follow him to help with run and pass blocking . @MKnight82 @MikeT14 brought it to my attention that 1/2 the league the HC call their own plays. He could do that or as you say Shane Day could be his guy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Not too mention Tannenhill has been his best qb and he has been given some projects.  I like that he had a constantly competitive team with an average qb, who buy the way fits the mold of maye.

Another funny not on that, Tannehill only had good years ar QB when AJ Brown was on the the Titans. 🤷🏼‍♂️

38 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ok nice work. Saw Hank Fraley would probably follow him to help with run and pass blocking . @MKnight82 @MikeT14 brought it to my attention that 1/2 the league the HC call their own plays. He could do that or as you say Shane Day could be his guy. 

I'd be shocked if Ben didn't call the plays tbh. 

Interesting thought: what if Ben Johnson came on board, installed his offense, called the plays, but kept Eric Bieniemy on as OC for implementation and coaching? Most will say no, but I am curious if anyone would be FOR that. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Interesting thought: what if Ben Johnson came on board, installed his offense, called the plays, but kept Eric Bieniemy on as OC for implementation and coaching? Most will say no, but I am curious if anyone would be FOR that. 

EB has a strong personality and not sure how long that would last especially if their schemes didn’t jive. I guess it depends on how bad he wants a job. 

• Like 2