2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

A bs tripping penalty and a rare fumble through the back of the endzone for a touch back might have had something to do with that. 

You said they would win by two TDs. Those things don't add up to 14 points. Not to mention the single worst call of the year

Dallas will win this by 20.

It won't even be close.

I can't believe the poll is so close. I swear someone pick these polls with who they want to win rather than who they think will win.

Edited by Fish

11 minutes ago, Fish said:

It won't even be close.

I can't believe the poll is so close. I swear someone pick these polls with who they want to win rather than who they think will win.

You are correct sir  , a lot hoping for a win in here🤣 ,  I get it , no one likes the Cowboys  🤷‍♂️. If this was on the road, game might  be decided on last possession, but it’s not. Cowboys win, we might even see Cooper Rush again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

You said they would win by two TDs. Those things don't add up to 14 points. Not to mention the single worst call of the year

Of course they could have added up to 14 points.. unless Dallas simply would have ran out the clock had they not been hit by the bs tripping penalty.. which is hardly a compelling counterpoint lmao. Fumbling the ball out of the endzone is obviously not something that happens often, and it was an odd mistake by Lamb on a night where he obviously otherwise destroyed them. The call on the 2 point conversion was partially Detroit’s own fault first for their deception and secondly because they did not correct the official even when 70 was called eligible. That play could not stand regardless, because obviously that would have been unfair to Dallas given that 70 was called eligible.. not 68. It likely wouldn’t have even come down to that final Detroit drive if not for the insanely bad tripping call on Hendershot that stopped the clock and made it 1st and 25 after taking away Pollard’s run that went past the down marker. 

Regardless, I don’t need to be a fortune teller. My point still stands.

44 minutes ago, Fish said:

It won't even be close.

Because hating Dallas is popular, and popular points are inherently good points to some people. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fish said:

It won't even be close.

No way Joe Barry keeps this within 20, probably 30pt win fo sho

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

This is biggest mismatch of WC Weekend on the NFC side. Green Bay just has too many defensive issues.

Then again, if anyone can screw up with lots of high end talent, it's Mike McCarthy and nobody knows that better than Green Bay

McCarthy has three 12+ win seasons in a row. His team hasn't lost at home since week one of 2022. The Niners have been his nemesis, sure, but overall the guy has been very successful as a HC for the Cowboys. He's had a few mistakes for sure, but these are getting blown far out of proportion when you consider the overall success that he has had. 

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

McCarthy has three 12+ win seasons in a row. His team hasn't lost at home since week one of 2022. The Niners have been his nemesis, sure, but overall the guy has been very successful as a HC for the Cowboys. He's had a few mistakes for sure, but these are getting blown far out of proportion when you consider the overall success that he has had. 

McCarthy is the NFC's Mike Tomlin; coasting off one championship from over a decade ago while wasting high end talent for years. Can't even get to the NFC Championship in Dallas with all the talent he has.

His only saving grace is that he's not as bad as Jason Garrett but that's like bragging that you smell better than a dead skunk in a sewer pipe.

Edited by Football_Bachelor08

1 hour ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

McCarthy is the NFC's Mike Tomlin; coasting off one championship from over a decade ago while wasting high end talent for years. Can't even get to the NFC Championship in Dallas with all the talent he has.

His only saving grace is that he's not as bad as Jason Garrett but that's like bragging that you smell better than a dead skunk in a sewer pipe.

Two words: double standards. 

47 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Pray tell me what my "double standard" is.

No one else is under that same level of scrutiny. The ‘win the Super Bowl or you’re a bum’ dilemma is ridiculous. He’s obviously been successful despite not quite fielding the best team in the conference the last three seasons. Again though.. three seasons in a row with 12+ wins and playoffs. The 49ers have been a hurdle, but McCarthy still deserves credit for his team. We’ll see if they can move part them this season.