NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That's disingenuous though - Stafford never had a team/coach/GM around him like Goff does in Detroit.

Goff had a better team around him with the Rams than Stafford did in 2021 and couldn't get it done.

I don’t know if I would say all that though. Stafford definitely didn’t have a run game like Detroit does right now but overall, I would argue the 2014 team was likely better considering how good of a defense they had and Megatron. 

That year tho, Stafford was incredibly pedestrian and IMO, too reliant on Calvin Johnson (who also missed some games). 

im not saying that Goff is better than Stafford as THAT would be disingenuous. 

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

After having time to process everything, still feel like we gave this game away with how bad we were at/inside the ten yard line.

But didn't realize how dirty the Lions were. That was pretty shocking.

If people truly think the Lions are dirty, then they need to take harder look at their own team. The ONLY reason this is being talked about is because 2 players were hurt against them recently. 

Everyone conveniently forgets the 100s of other tackles that happen like that every year (including in this game) and wanna just say “see dirty!”

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Well on twitter x I’m seeing Lion fans going overboard bc Ram fans have their opinions on the game.

Two things can be true. 1) yes the Lions did good things in the game to win. The game was won in the redzone 21-9 by the Lions 2) the last thing we saw when the Rams were marching on offense to score and take the lead was Puka being held and interfered with but no call. 

Instead of Lion fans saying they dodge a bullet late on a no call they will take it survive and advance they feel insulted by the legit take. As I always say in order to make a run to the Superbowl you need some lucky breaks. That was a lucky break. Embrace it Lion fans. Don’t mean you aren’t good bc the Lions are really good it just means this is part of a Superbowl run journey. 

I think the overarching issue there is that when people point that out, they blatantly ignore the times Detroit was also hurt by poor officiating. 

Was the timing of the “poor” calls worse for LA? Yes but that doesn’t mean “the lions needed the refs” or other crap that’s being spewed. 

14 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I've never said it was dirty. I've said it is reckless. Kerby has injured 2 people in a month with this same hit. He almost gave himself a concussion with a hit on Jefferson. He's going to continue to hurt himself and others unless he changes his ways. 

And what Harrison says it what I was basically saying. He's hitting this way because it is the easiest way to bring down a big guy. It's also one of the more dangerous ways too. That doesn't mean it is dirty. I think reckless is the best way to describe it. 

I could agree with reckless. He has a TERRIBLE habit of looking down when he’s coming in like that and it’s not good. 

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

I don’t know if I would say all that though. Stafford definitely didn’t have a run game like Detroit does right now but overall, I would argue the 2014 team was likely better considering how good of a defense they had and Megatron. 

That year tho, Stafford was incredibly pedestrian and IMO, too reliant on Calvin Johnson (who also missed some games). 

Also, in 2016 the Lions/Stafford had their best chance to win the division (up by 2 games with 3 to go) and Stafford totally crapped the bed to end the season and the Lions lost all 3 games to finish in 2nd. Then he crapped the bed in the playoffs against Seattle too.

• Like 1

If people truly think the Lions are dirty, then they need to take harder look at their own team. The ONLY reason this is being talked about is because 2 players were hurt against them recently. 

Everyone conveniently forgets the 100s of other tackles that happen like that every year (including in this game) and wanna just say “see dirty!”

The hit on Stafford (that somehow went uncalled) was unbelievably bad. The hit on Higbee was legal but anyone who leads with their helmet and is not even looking is at best, reckless. But probably dirty.

OL, run game is better than anything Stafford ever had. Hell factoring in LaPorta with the depth of the receiving core, I think this would be the best weapons he's ever had by a decent margin.

I think the overarching issue there is that when people point that out, they blatantly ignore the times Detroit was also hurt by poor officiating. 

Was the timing of the “poor” calls worse for LA? Yes but that doesn’t mean “the lions needed the refs” or other crap that’s being spewed. 

What call hurt the Lions other than the offside that was missed? The Rams had three missed calls that literally ended drives...if the refs call all four of those, the Rams probably win.

I don't think it's fair to say the Lions 'needed' the refs - but don't act like it was even. That's just not the case

10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

OL, run game is better than anything Stafford ever had. Hell factoring in LaPorta with the depth of the receiving core, I think this would be the best weapons he's ever had by a decent margin.

He had Calvin, Golden Tate, Pettigrew and Eric Ebron in 2014, come on now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, General Tso said:

He had Calvin, Golden Tate, Pettigrew and Eric Ebron in 2014, come on now.

You listed two TE busts that combined for 318 yards for the year in question...

I stand by my statement. And 2014 was a down year for Calvin

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

You listed two TE busts that combined for 318 yards for the year in question...

I stand by my statement. And 2014 was a down year for Calvin

It was a down year because he missed 3 games which allowed Golden Tate to have a career year. That tandem is better than the tandem of ASRB and LaPorta.

Now if you want to include running game, sure, but a literal HOF and Pro Bowler isn't worse than the what the Lions have now..

When Stafford was asked if he’s happy for Detroit he said he’s happy for the players. No mention of fans or city of Detroit. Honestly the fans showed him no class before or after the game. Staff left on good terms and left a rebuilding team to go get a ring. He didn’t do them dirty at all. Smh Detroit fans. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

When Stafford was asked if he’s happy for Detroit he said he’s happy for the players. No mention of fans or city of Detroit. Honestly the fans showed him no class before or after the game. Staff left on good terms and left a rebuilding team to go get a ring. He didn’t do them dirty at all. Smh Detroit fans. 

If you saw this on Twitter.. well there's a lot of context lacking.

Stafford was booed because he's on the opposing team. Are we supposed to cheer for him in a playoff game?

The Rams are visiting Ford Field again next year. You bet he'll get an honorary intro video. This is just how playoff games work.

• Like 3