NFL Draft 2024: Patriots On The Clock

NFL Draft Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which direction would you like to see the Patriots go in with their draft selction?

• Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
    • Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, OSU
    • Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
    • Drake Maye, QB, UNC
    • Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
    • Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State
    • Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
    • Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
    • Other (Please Specify in Post)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 06:37 PM

My choice is Daniels however I'm looking to trade down. Especially if Harrison is still on the board.

Last thing we need with the 3rd pick is a WR.  You only do that if you have everything already in place... QB and LT. The two most important position on the field. LT is the 2nd most important position on the field and it's nearly impossible to get a elite tackle in the draft after the top picks. Great WR can be had in the 2nd RD. You see this with every draft.  EX Brown and Debo.

Pats are in no position to draft Harrison, who would have the same impact (2 yrs counting) Wilson has on the Jets. You would run up to draft him if you were set like the Bengals with Burrows.

IMO  Olu Fashanu 20 yrs old is a elite LT that will be here for 15 years.  That's the guy I want if they pass on the QBs which I don't see happening. Also Nabers is just as good as Harrison with a different skill set. EX Chase and Jefferson. The size is what separates them.

I look at Harrison as Chase and Nabers as Jefferson.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m open to taking Bo Nix, Spencer Rattler, or Michael Penix Jr. anywhere in the mid-late first or early second round should the Pats trade down from 3 for a haul that includes a future first and more, or if they take a different position inside the top 10 and trade up for one of these guys. I’m really high on Spencer Rattler as a pro prospect. I’d happily pursue Rattler if Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams are gone before pick 3.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:07 AM, DoleINGout said:

Spencer Rattler,

If he has grown up he would be a excellent pick.  All the QB skills are there however what's in his head would be the concern. If he drops I'm looking at a flyer.

56 minutes ago, m haynes said:

If he has grown up he would be a excellent pick.  All the QB skills are there however what's in his head would be the concern. If he drops I'm looking at a flyer.

whats the deal with his personality? listening to him talk he reminds me of jerod mayo they way he speaks with such … crazy confidence

Edited by DoleINGout

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

whats the deal with his personality? listening to him talk he reminds me of jerod mayo they way he speaks with such … crazy confidence

That's the big question. People talk media speak when it comes to his career, make up crap to fit their stance. What I gather is he was a 5 star HS player with the crazy confidence.  He was under tremendous pressure and failed.

So everyone piled on and he became Mac Jones and was benched for Caleb William who was coach Riley's boy.

You can't find a true story on him. I know this, my opinion was based on sports guy's and announcers. They were negative, vague, you know sources tell me crap.

I know one thing he had tremendous skills, but explode at the worst time and make some idiot decision. Kind that Allen makes or Steve Grogan.  He was young, i hope he has matured. 

I know this, he's going to kill it at the combine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I want OL.  I don't wanna see another season of the DL being in the backfield in sub 2s.   Especially with another young QB trying to get acclimated to the pro level.  Sue me!  

Trade down then or take Alt at 3?

On 1/25/2024 at 9:07 AM, DoleINGout said:

I’m open to taking Bo Nix, Spencer Rattler, or Michael Penix Jr. anywhere in the mid-late first or early second round should the Pats trade down from 3 for a haul that includes a future first and more, or if they take a different position inside the top 10 and trade up for one of these guys. I’m really high on Spencer Rattler as a pro prospect. I’d happily pursue Rattler if Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams are gone before pick 3.

According to this, Rattler is a 4th round pick...I wouldn't be opposed to taking him somewhere in the 3rd though. 1st or 2nd is way too early.

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-4