Armsteeld Pre Playoff Wildcard Mock

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Respect! Same to you. What part of the world do you reside in?

Born in the US. Live in Australia now, with London and Europe along the way.
My life and family is here now, and I realise my post was maybe a bit overly sentimental,
but I just had a moment where I realised, man, we've been talking **** for a while. Ha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Been super busy but I will get back into posting about more prospects. Minus age, Joe Milton is the closest thing to Josh Allen in this draft class. Their college production is almost identical but Milton has a better completion percentage. Go watch all the cutups on YouTube of Joe Milton and you'll see a good QB who isn't raw. He's the total package. Remember, all players will need NFL level coaching once they enter the league.

So You think Joe Milton should be drafted in the 1st?  Otherwise, he is not going to get reps to develop.  I have nothing against the player and he might very well be the next Josh Allen but to develop him you have to play him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

So You think Joe Milton should be drafted in the 1st?  Otherwise, he is not going to get reps to develop.  I have nothing against the player and he might very well be the next Josh Allen but to develop him you have to play him.

No I don't see him as a first round pick. I struggle projecting draft grades. With a new unbiased OC an a legit QB battle, Milton's talents stick out. I was looking through the QBs and when I watched Milton I was shocked by how good his pocket presence was. He has a nice tight throw to release. His base looks good. He has quiet feet and doesn't look flustered going through his reads. Arm strength is special. Perfect spirals which makes it easier to catch for receivers. He also has the quickness and long speed to make house calls (TDs).

In a legit QB battle, he can challenge Mason and Kenny. Coach Tomlin loves mobility (Kenny) but he also like a guy to get the ball to the playmakers (Mason). I think Milton is a combo of those two but bigger with a stronger arm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

No I don't see him as a first round pick. I struggle projecting draft grades. With a new unbiased OC an a legit QB battle, Milton's talents stick out. I was looking through the QBs and when I watched Milton I was shocked by how good his pocket presence was. He has a nice tight throw to release. His base looks good. He has quiet feet and doesn't look flustered going through his reads. Arm strength is special. Perfect spirals which makes it easier to catch for receivers. He also has the quickness and long speed to make house calls (TDs).

In a legit QB battle, he can challenge Mason and Kenny. Coach Tomlin loves mobility (Kenny) but he also like a guy to get the ball to the playmakers (Mason). I think Milton is a combo of those two but bigger with a stronger arm.

to counter, he is inaccurate and plays on a gimmicky offense. It is hard to find film of him having to make throws into tight windows which is one of my key points for a QB.  

So now I drop him to at least the 2nd round but if they have given up on KP ( which I don't think they have) then draft away.  Otherwise, i will stick with my pervious thought of not drafting a QB past the 1st or 2nd round as they will not develop and it is a wasted pick ( for the most part).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

to counter, he is inaccurate and plays on a gimmicky offense. It is hard to find film of him having to make throws into tight windows which is one of my key points for a QB.  

So now I drop him to at least the 2nd round but if they have given up on KP ( which I don't think they have) then draft away.  Otherwise, i will stick with my pervious thought of not drafting a QB past the 1st or 2nd round as they will not develop and it is a wasted pick ( for the most part).

Inaccurate? I disagree. I thought the same thing as well until I watched his cutupus. He does miss at times but man, his accuracy is quite good even though has an average to below average completion %. 

Joe Milton had a cannon that you cannot teach. He just throws the ball different. He has his warts but those are the kinds of guys you take dart throws on. Get them in the QB room under NFL level coaching and see what happens in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Joe Milton had a cannon that you cannot teach. He just throws the ball different. He has his warts but those are the kinds of guys you take dart throws on. Get them in the QB room under NFL level coaching and see what happens in 2-3 years.

I can see him in a vertical attacking passing game that Byron Leftwich runs. Byron has stated that he'd like to be our OC. Canada is gone and I don't see the two guys we have as the long term answer so.....

24 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I can see him in a vertical attacking passing game that Byron Leftwich runs. Byron has stated that he'd like to be our OC. Canada is gone and I don't see the two guys we have as the long term answer so.....

You lost me there. Leftwich is out of the NFL for a reason. His last season in Tampa was absolutely horrific. Leftwich would be about the closest thing to Matt Canada that we could get.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

You lost me there. Leftwich is out of the NFL for a reason. His last season in Tampa was absolutely horrific. Leftwich would be about the closest thing to Matt Canada that we could get.

I don't know too many OC candidates so who do you have in mind?

6 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Been super busy but I will get back into posting about more prospects. Minus age, Joe Milton is the closest thing to Josh Allen in this draft class. Their college production is almost identical but Milton has a better completion percentage. Go watch all the cutups on YouTube of Joe Milton and you'll see a good QB who isn't raw. He's the total package. Remember, all players will need NFL level coaching once they enter the league.

@zflairway mock drafts introduce players to a fan base. To consistently mock the same players over and over is boring. Change it up. Introduce guys no one is talking about. Will they realistically get drafted that high? No one knows because the start is too unpredictable BUT some players stand out so.... 

Dionyae Johnson will be a free agent after the 2024 season. His cap hit is between 16-18 million iirc. We need another route runner/separation guy if DJ isn't resigned or if he wants a trade. Jacob Cowing has the makings of a Tank Dell in he's smaller but highly explosive. Also, don't look at our targets being utilized by our current OC. I expect the Steelers to sign a competent OC within the next week or two. I want Byron Leftwich but would welcome Eric Biennemy too. You?

hitchy release. play 1 that's vinny young. ball released out wrong. and loopy. not on a line. I stopped watching 5 seconds in.

I persevered and continued...

play one... footwork's wrong. Does not use lower body to create momentum throughout the throw. Lackadaisical. Going through footwork as if it's a remedial thought not that it's choreographed dancing.

play two... perfect

play three.. vinny back.. as the rush gets in his face he quivers in fear stops dancing panics and throws out of rhythm

play four... see play one

play five... footwork too close at the 40 yard line. the split is six inches too short... but a dart

play six... holy toledo fair catch that punt batman

play seven.... off his back foot... no footwork

play eight... clean pocket... one extra hitch... a clean drop eliminates this. zero understanding of the game

play nine... his release will always come out too high because of his footwork and delivery... that'll get eaten up by anyone looking at the ball

play ten... that is just not an accurate throw even if it is on the money. bc the delivery is not repeatable. as you create the wash in front of him his poor footwork will cause his already inaccurate arm to be even more inaccurate. see vinny young.

play eleven... threaded that 5 yard by 5 yard square

play twelve... can we see how the cameraman has to find the punt? 😵

play thirteen... hey he was about to be inaccurate.. it's this bullet style of passing when you are inaccurate that really irks me

play fourteen... extra hitch.. toast in this league, son. nice 3 by 3 square to throw into

play fifteen... that's his best, most accurate throw of the day. flat footed. pure arm strength. dart.. right on the money.

play sixteen...  trying to emulate success of days past.. flat footed... off balance... he steps forward instead of using his back leg to work through the core and rotate through the hips

play seventeen... work in a bounce to find a rhythm get a nice pickup on the blitz by the tight end and find the receiver in stride

play eighteen... he gathers too close together instead of shoulder width apart.. .he takes a baby step and throws behind the receiver

play nineteen... good fake.. good eat.. flashes average athleticism against ball state

Edited by zflairway