Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Slappy?

Come on man. Please watch the language (even if *** out). We let a lot slide but this one was kinda obvious and egregious.

But yes, I agree with your assessment.

My bad.

• Like 1

Overall, I’m feeling “solid” about how they came out today. 

Like several, Luvu is my favorite addition. I’m not sure exactly how he fits on a defense with Jamin Davis — but I liked hearing Quinn’s plan for Jamin and like the aggressiveness with which they pursued Luvu. He’s the only guy they’ve added so far who doesn’t have a direct connection to one of the main coaches, so they must have really liked the player. I’ve sort of gotten the sense that Panthers fans are actually more disappointed in losing him than they are in losing Burns. That means something (although obviously I’m not saying he’s a better/more valuable player than Burns).

Ekeler was an obvious fit once Lynn got here, and it makes a lot of sense. I dunno if he’s cooked, but the important thing is that now they’re where you want to be with RB in the draft: grab a guy if you love the value, feel free to skip the position if you don’t.

Biadasz and Armstrong were both likelihoods, so hard to be super-excited about them. Biadasz is a perfectly capable starting C, which I do think is critical if you’re going to be starting a rookie QB. Armstrong is a guy who I think we paid too much, but his pressure numbers are nice. We’ll see how he holds up when he’s not the 4th best pass-rusher on his own DL. The good news is that we know Quinn/Whitt have a good sense of how to use him.

McManus…I guess someone has to be the kicker? Dude hasn’t been good at all the last two seasons. Not in love with that choice, but the price seems reasonable enough.

• Like 2

This one has vague vibes of both Gates (tough guy, plays through injury, identical contract) and Wylie (backup who played big in big games when needed for KC). 

Hopefully it turns out a hair better.

Edited by e16bball

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This one has vague vibes of both Gates (tough guy, plays through injury) and Wylie (backup who played big when needed for KC). 

Hopefully it turns out a hair better.

Washington should have tried Wylie at LG… Wylie started a lot in KC but his best year was at RG where he was awesome. If Cosmi didn’t pan out at RG (which he did, thank god) I think Wylie would have switched to RG.  Not sure if Wylie can play LG or not but would be nice if he could’ve. Would mean all we would need is to address the tackle spots on the line

Recap of free agency 

Commanders' free-agent deals so far ...

LB Frankie Luvu - 3 years, max $36M
RB Austin Ekeler - 2 years, max $11.43M
DE Dorance Armstrong - 3 years, $33M (max $45M)
C Tyler Biadasz - 3 years, $30M
G Nick Allegretti - 3 years, $16M
K Brandon McManus - 1 year, $3.6M
TE Zach Ertz - 1 year, max $5M

• Like 2

So much for anyone who had concerns of us being bystanders in FA.

Zach Ertz - 1 year - Max of $5M
Dorance Armstrong - 3 years - Max of $45M
Tyler Biadasz - 3 years - Max of $30M
Frankie Luvu - 3 years - Max of $36M
Austin Ekeler - 2 year - Max of $11.43M
Brandon McManus - 1 year - Max of $3.6M
Nick Allegretti - 3 year - Max of $16M

That's a huge haul before FA even truly begins. I don't think we are done though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Recap of free agency 

Commanders' free-agent deals so far ...

LB Frankie Luvu - 3 years, max $36M
RB Austin Ekeler - 2 years, max $11.43M
DE Dorance Armstrong - 3 years, $33M (max $45M)
C Tyler Biadasz - 3 years, $30M
G Nick Allegretti - 3 years, $16M
K Brandon McManus - 1 year, $3.6M
TE Zach Ertz - 1 year, max $5M

My man!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Washington should have tried Wylie at LG… Wylie started a lot in KC but his best year was at RG where he was awesome. If Cosmi didn’t pan out at RG (which he did, thank god) I think Wylie would have switched to RG.  Not sure if Wylie can play LG or not but would be nice if he could’ve. Would mean all we would need is to address the tackle spots on the line

At the moment, Wylie has to be penciled in to start at RT again. Very far from what I want, but that’s where we are at present.

In other words…the situation at OT is approaching “dire straits.” 

I really hope they consider the idea I’ve floated of trading for Garett Bolles. We absolutely cannot go into the draft needing two starting OTs. I’m very uncomfortable with even needing one — but two just absolutely is not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

At the moment, Wylie has to be penciled in to start at RT again. Very far from what I want, but that’s where we are at present.

In other words…the situation at OT is approaching “dire straits.” 

I really hope they consider the idea I’ve floated of trading for Garett Bolles. We absolutely cannot go into the draft needing two starting OTs. I’m very uncomfortable with even needing one — but two just absolutely is not going to happen.

What’s left of Tackles in free agency is horrible. Tyron Smith at 33/34 seems to be the best available, bad situation we’re in