2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Look it's clear Howie has and since is attempting to re-create 2017.  

Right-Wromg-Indifferent, Receate!

From a Coaching,  a Personnel, a drafting and a Organizational standpoint. 

He assumed given our injuries which didn't really occur in 2022 he could fill voids like he did in 2017 with Bradham,  Blount, Foles Wisnewski and with players this year like Julio, Byard, Leonard, ect.....and it backfired. 

Say what you will but that formula Won us a SB in 2017 and came within a minute of winning another in 2022 with additions like AJ, JB, CGJ, Epps, Reddick, Pascal , White ect.....

We can ***** about the results, how other Organizationsare are  built but the results of what's "worked" for Howie is still there.  Whether you agree and or like it or not. 

2 SB appearances in 5 years with not only 2 separate Coaching Staffs and rebuilds/retools but 3 Seperate QB's.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Look it's clear Howie has and since is attempting to re-create 2017.  

Right-Wromg-Indifferent, Receate!

From a Coaching,  a Personnel, a drafting and a Organizational standpoint. 

He assumed given our injuries which didn't really occur in 2022 he could fill voids like he did in 2017 with Bradham,  Blount, Foles Wisnewski and with players this year like Julio, Byard, Leonard, ect.....and it backfired. 

Say what you will but that formula Won us a SB in 2017 and came within a minute of winning another in 2022 with additions like AJ, JB, CGJ, Epps, Reddick, Pascal , White ect.....

We can ***** about the results, how other Organizationsare are  built but the results of what's "worked" for Howie is still there.  Whether you agree and or like it or not. 

2 SB appearances in 5 years with not only 2 separate Coaching Staffs and rebuilds/retools but 3 Seperate QB's.

But this is what im saying...Howie didnt go off the formula that got us to the SB both of those years. In both of those offseasons he was great during the FA period and trades during training camp. The only midseason trade that has worked out has been Ajayi, and that was adding to a position that was already producing. This is why a number of us were talking about the red flags so heavily going into this season talking about the LBer and Safety positions because it was so obvious how major those holes were on this team. Howie cant nail every offseason, sure, I agree....but dam I feel like him and Nick really let this team down and wasted a year and a chance to win a superbowl. His role this past offseason was a huge factor into why this team collapsed.

Also this speaks to the bigger picture of Howie's system isnt built for continued success. 2 SB appearances in 5 years, but we've also been one of the worst teams in the league in 2 of those 5 years. Its a massive roller coaster in terms of success in such a short amount of time. You cant always depend on FA to get you out of the hole every single year. You cant replace 20 FAs every single year. You cant pay or trade assets for players to fill a hole every single year. Howie and this team have got to learn how to draft and develop players and for gods sake let go of their ego and hire some real coaches that can help develop these players.

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Also this speaks to the bigger picture of Howie's system isnt built for continued success. 2 SB appearances in 5 years, but we've also been one of the worst teams in the league in 2 of those 5 years. Its a massive roller coaster in terms of success in such a short amount of time. You cant always depend on FA to get you out of the hole every single year. You cant replace 20 FAs every single year. You cant pay or trade assets for players to fill a hole every single year. Howie and this team have got to learn how to draft and develop players and for gods sake let go of their ego and hire some real coaches that can help develop these players.

Howie's method is to throw ish at the wall.  If it all stick, 2017, and the back up QB plays out of his mind you can win a title.  But that method has led to coming up short more than it has worked.

Some folks are happy with the ride, and getting to the playoffs, but I want to win it, every year, and when you start 10-1 and then the wheels come off, and then get embarrassed in the playoffs, that is an epic failure.

We just watched 2 weeks ago the Lions winning only their 2nd playoff game in 63 years.

Realistic Expectations--NFL  Reality

Things could always be worse. 80% of the league maybe even 90% would kill for Two SB appearances in 5 years and a ring. Just saying. 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We just watched 2 weeks ago the Lions winning only their 2nd playoff game in 63 years.

Realistic Expectations--NFL  Reality

Things could always be worse. 80% of the league maybe even 90% would kill for Two SB appearances in 5 years and a ring. Just saying. 

And yet we only have 1 more trophy than they have. Playoff appearances. Superbowl appearances. Division titles....etc...People can throw out all kinds of accolades and the team can put up all kinds of banners, but the only thing that matters and the only thing that is remembered are superbowl victories. Thats it. Fans can cling on to the small stuff all they want but they are mistaking that with "success"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

And yet we only have 1 more trophy than they have. Playoff appearances. Superbowl appearances. Division titles....etc...People can throw out all kinds of accolades and the team can put up all kinds of banners, but the only thing that matters and the only thing that is remembered are superbowl victories. Thats it. Fans can cling on to the small stuff all they want but they are mistaking that with "success"

Yeah, that’s true if you’re a crazy person who completely ignores the journey and only focuses on the end results

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

And yet we only have 1 more trophy

Yet you could be a fan of 

Cleveland, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville are among 12 teams that have never hoisted the Lombardi Trophy, joined by the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee

and attempting to complain about the success or lack there of , for the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Once again,  spoiled and self entitled as though You or I are owed anything! Hate to break it to ya, we're not! All we can do is 🙏, We get lucky more then once!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah, that’s true if you’re a crazy person who completely ignores the journey and only focuses on the end results

I get what you are saying, but a lot of this discussion started because some of us pointed out that the journey this year was flawed and the result was not going to be what we wanted.

I pointed it out before we were 10-1 and caught grief for it.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I get what you are saying, but a lot of this discussion started because some of us pointed out that the journey this year was flawed and the result was not going to be what we wanted.

I pointed it out before we were 10-1 and caught grief for it.

If howie gets the eagles to an average of 4 super bowls a decade us eagle fans are livin pretty large

this year was a mess there’s no question about that but I challenge anyone to tell me who these franchises are that are winning superbowls every year. The chiefs? Who won their very first ever like 5 years ago? Oh and they happened to draft the greatest QB talent ever. 

no other team is seeing that success. The post I replied to is more flawed than anything related to the eagles season. It’s flawed fandom, to assume that anything but superbowls is useless as a fan is honestly just spoiled and crazy. 

what will always matter to me is the eagles having good teams as often as possible, that’s all any fan should ask for. It’s entertainment that you watch for 17-20 weeks if you’re lucky. To assert that you essentially waste 17 weeks of your life if the eagles don’t win it all and have talent downgrades after a Super Bowl run is like why even watch? Just wait until the eagles make a superbowl again, watch that, and then whine when they lose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Before the season I would have agreed because I truly didnt think we would go into the season with Cunningham, Morrow and Justin Evans as starters....yet we did. He completely disregarded the safety and LBer situation going into the season and was forced to pick up guys off the street or guys way past their prime/completely shot. He didnt attempt to fill those voids at all going into the season which is when you have to, otherwise you get the scraps.

I do take them at their word on Nakobe, clearly he was expected to make a jump into the starter role. And I think they went into the offseason thinking CJGJ would be back. On them not to have a better backup.

Larger discussion to be had about coaches not rotating in rookies and constantly drafting guys for “two years out” issues. 

But we always knew it was a multi-year thing to bolster the Defense. So some level of downturn was expected.

Between Safety and Linebacker they had two young guys expected to take charge with Nakobe and Blankenship…the latter was the only one who did. After CJGJ thing blew up, they thought their vet patchwork guys would work as they have before for the lesser of the two spots. Cunningham was fine but Nakobe sucked/was hurt. At safety Reed was fine but the “competent vets” were a big miss, not helped by the awful coaching.  Hindsight we can kill it, and should to an extent…but we’d be lying if we said it hasn’t worked in the past.

It happens, you can’t address all your needs at once. But big lesson I hope Howie takes is putting an entire area of a side of the ball into that mystery zone is something you can’t do. Yeah it could work, but we saw how disastrous it can go last year.

Big mystery on top of this whole thing is the next level of bad the defensive scheme was. Like it throws all the personnel side of things as well as the players side into question of was it their fault too?

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I do take them at their word on Nakobe, clearly he was expected to make a jump into the starter role. And I think they went into the offseason thinking CJGJ would be back. On them not to have a better backup.

Larger discussion to be had about coaches not rotating in rookies and constantly drafting guys for “two years out” issues. 

But we always knew it was a multi-year thing to bolster the Defense. So some level of downturn was expected.

Between Safety and Linebacker they had two young guys expected to take charge with Nakobe and Blankenship…the latter was the only one who did. After CJGJ thing blew up, they thought their vet patchwork guys would work as they have before for the lesser of the two spots. Cunningham was fine but Nakobe sucked/was hurt. At safety Reed was fine but the “competent vets” were a big miss, not helped by the awful coaching.  Hindsight we can kill it, and should to an extent…but we’d be lying if we said it hasn’t worked in the past.

It happens, you can’t address all your needs at once. But big lesson I hope Howie takes is putting an entire area of a side of the ball into that mystery zone is something you can’t do. Yeah it could work, but we saw how disastrous it can go last year.

Big mystery on top of this whole thing is the next level of bad the defensive scheme was. Like it throws all the personnel side of things as well as the players side into question of was it their fault too?

This is big for me tbh. I think it's understated how much an effect the atrocious defensive coaching was. They had reddick dropping into coverage like a third of his snaps.

I certainly didn't expect the safety and LB position to be good considering how neglected they are. I also didn't expect them to look like they didn't know what sport they were playing. Howie for sure needs to start spending at least SOME resources on safety and LB, but I'm not going to crucify him for it this season.

I feel like we can all agree that next season there are no excuses for Howie regarding these positions. They need to be addressed or else he's just being stubbornly, willfully, ignorant to the detriment of the team. Like you said, he's tried to patch up weak spots in the roster mid-season before with some success so I'm not too mad about it. It's starting to get obnoxious though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Last Stand said:

You completely missed the point but its no surprise on this site.

Edited by UndyTaker

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet you could be a fan of 

Cleveland, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville are among 12 teams that have never hoisted the Lombardi Trophy, joined by the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee

and attempting to complain about the success or lack there of , for the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Once again,  spoiled and self entitled as though You or I are owed anything! Hate to break it to ya, we're not! All we can do is 🙏, We get lucky more then 

Hey man we'll get next year. Dont you worry. Go birds!!!!

Edited by UndyTaker