2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Playoffs vs the Chefs.

Wilks gave up 25 points and 455 yards to the Chiefs with an OT possession, he should be fired.

Fangio gave up 26 points and 409 yards to the Chiefs without an OT possession, he is the greatest hire the Eagles could have made at DC.

Pinterest

Well the niners and dolphins did have equally talented defensive rosters and also both played on a neutral field

Edited by Last Stand

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Reddick wants 25M/year; he can go find a trade partner. 

You're assuming that's what he wants? I've seen no such report?

Sure he'd love to get as much as possible,  Last major contract and all. 

He was making 15M on average. How do you know they don't settle around 20M?

Pull up the list for most sacks last 5 seasons, He's #5/6. Why doesn't he deserve to get paid as much or similarly to those 6-10 beneath him or the player he's tied with? His age? 👌

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacks-last-5-years

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Is this number confirmed? Because yeah at his age, I'd not give him that, unless it's like on a 3 year deal which lets us potentially move on from him in the third year.

It’s just based on other contracts, production, and such so it’s assumed that’ll be his asking price

before Bradberry id say reddick is going to be a similarly effective player from 30-33 years old I’d assume

Also von miller who is probably a better version of reddick slowed down a tad in 2022 at 33 but had also had his share of injuries which reddick hasn’t

I think the 3 year deal that’s essentially a 2 year deal is a nice compromise. I don’t think we get better on the market, pass rushers are expensive everywhere and a hot commodity.

Anyone we’d trade for or draft to replace him is either going to cost just as much or take time to develop. Maybe they’ll be younger but it’d be hard to replace a pretty consistent double digit sacks

Edited by Last Stand

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're assuming that's what he wants? I've seen no such report?

Sure he'd love to get as much as possible,  Last major contract and all. 

He was making 15M on average. How do you know they don't settle around 20M?

Pull up the list for most sacks last 5 seasons, He's #5/6. Why doesn't he deserve to get paid as much or similarly to those 6-10 beneath him or the player he's tied with? His age? 👌

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacks-last-5-years

His age is only a factor in length not the yearly. 

I don’t care if they give him 25 a year if it’s a 2 years structure and the dead money moving forward isn’t prohibitive 

I like reddick, I think he can thrive with fangio. I’m also ok trading him if there’s a really good replacement plan in place.

nolan smith isn’t ready yet though so it can’t be that 

My guess is they ultimately give Reddick a new deal with the 3rd year basically being a "dummy" year, but I almost want to move on if they can get solid draft capital for him.  The Eagles need to start getting younger in some key areas.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

My guess is they ultimately give Reddick a new deal with the 3rd year basically being a "dummy" year, but I almost want to move on if they can get solid draft capital for him.  The Eagles need to start getting younger in some key areas.

He already has 14.8 million in dummy year money, I see no reason to add to that.

11 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I think my only issue with getting younger is we’ve actually gotten much younger on the DL and reddick is actually very effective and wasn’t an issue I saw when it comes to athleticism

those issues were LB and DB

The capital would help there but the eagles have been so bad at playing young guys that I don’t know if drafting a bunch of guys is the right move. Sydney brown should’ve been on the field week 1.

I agree about speed and athleticism though. Eagles had to be one of the slowest defensive teams in the nfl. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Playoffs vs the Chefs.

Wilks gave up 25 points and 455 yards to the Chiefs with an OT possession, he should be fired.

Fangio gave up 26 points and 409 yards to the Chiefs without an OT possession, he is the greatest hire the Eagles could have made at DC.

Pinterest

Like how people get ripped for bad takes, but you trot out this bad boy.

Like lets just completely ignore any and all context of who was actually playing for each team and then draw blank statement conclusions based on single game performance. You are aware of how many players the Dolphins were missing on defense correct? You are also ignoring the fact that Wilks didn't get fired because of the SB. This has been getting floated as a possibility for a while. This argument is not the gotcha you think it is.

Also, don't think anyone said that Fangio is the "greatest hire the Eagles could have made". I know I am just suggesting that I would greatly prefer him to Wilks who is proven to not be that good at his job. All Wilks did was take a great defense from last season and make it a good one. Their talent level improved and they only had one major injury until the SB. Their offense was also insanely efficient and made teams one dimensional which helped in hiding their greatest weakness which was stopping the run. Despite that they were clearly worse this year than last. Now you could point to Ryans being a great coach(and I would agree), but I think just about any DC could have come in and put up successful numbers with the players the Niners had this season. They were that talented.

Wilks had a very talented defense in Carolina that started hot but underperformed down the stretch in 2017. He then was absolutely terrible for the Cards and got fired after a year. Same story with the Browns the next year. He takes a year off and coaches Mizzou whose defense underperformed. He goes back to Carolina and gets hyped up because he isn't Matt Rhule and anyone who isn't Matt Rhule is a clear upgrade. I just don't see how this is the resume of a DC that we absolutely have to get.

Like I said Wilks did get a bit screwed because Kyle hired him to run someone else's scheme. He never should have been given the job in the first place if that was the plan. I don't think Wilks is terrible. I also don't think he is very good, and I definitely trust Fangio more than him. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:34 PM, Last Stand said:

Known in August 2022 traded in October 2022

it was known when it was known. It’s February. The owners meetings haven’t even happened yet. Plenty of time for more and more names to come out

OK, but you're acting as if you are counting on it to happen.

That is like not saving for retirement and expecting to hit the lottery at some point.