2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I know nothing about this guy other than he hasn’t really started for New England or really ever. So is he depth? Or would the eagles think there’s untapped potential there

Given the general crop of Safetys in the draft this year, and our current cap situation, I'm definitely ok with throwing a bag at McKinney. EDGE still concerns me though, especially if we're moving Haason.

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Oh man I hope not. Even if the guy has let’s say 2 years left on his legs, let’s say even 3. I just don’t believe in signing more 30 year olds

byard was a disaster. There’s too many 24-26 year olds on the market

throw copious amounts of cash at mckinney

Yup no need to slum it with the old washed dudes. We need guys back there who can grow with the defense.

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

Given the general crop of Safetys in the draft this year, and our current cap situation, I'm definitely ok with throwing a bag at McKinney. EDGE still concerns me though, especially if we're moving Haason.

This is why I’m open to the eagles trading for a 24-25 year old edge with our 1st. If you trade Reddick for a 2nd then trading #22 you still have 3 2nds and you potentially add a let’s say Brian burns you really don’t miss a step and add a guy who’s 25

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup no need to slum it with the old washed dudes. We need guys back there who can grow with the defense.

I wonder if there’s a chance they sign a Xavier McKinney and a CJGJ (as a nickel/safety)

I’ve heard that a good amount of New York writers think McKinney to Philly is really likely.  

I wonder since CJGJ is a great nickel, with an Isaiah Rodgers you’re a little protected there.

17 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

This is why I’m open to the eagles trading for a 24-25 year old edge with our 1st. If you trade Reddick for a 2nd then trading #22 you still have 3 2nds and you potentially add a let’s say Brian burns you really don’t miss a step and add a guy who’s 25

Brian Burns is probably looking at $30M a year and more than a first to acquire if I had to guess right now.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Brian Burns is probably looking at $30M a year and more than a first to acquire if I had to guess right now.

I guess from my perspective a 25 year old would be worth it. They’d structure it in a way that wouldn’t affect our cap substantially this year anyways 

he’s a guy who can be here 4-5 years vs the 2-3 of reddick and their physical profiles are completely different

9 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I wonder if there’s a chance they sign a Xavier McKinney and a CJGJ (as a nickel/safety)

I’ve heard that a good amount of New York writers think McKinney to Philly is really likely.  

I wonder since CJGJ is a great nickel, with an Isaiah Rodgers you’re a little protected there.

I actually suggested that exact signing pair recently and I'd be thrilled with it. CGJ really intrigues me since we know he's at least solid at playing safety and nickel corner. He kinda covers two bases for you. Give me a safety/nickel room of McKinney/Blankenship/CGJ/Brown and I'm to the moon. Rodgers I look at as more of an outside guy since that's primarily what he's played and played well. I'd start him off there since that's a far more premium position than nickel corner.

19 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I actually suggested that exact signing pair recently and I'd be thrilled with it. CGJ really intrigues me since we know he's at least solid at playing safety and nickel corner. He kinda covers two bases for you. Give me a safety/nickel room of McKinney/Blankenship/CGJ/Brown and I'm to the moon. Rodgers I look at as more of an outside guy since that's primarily what he's played and played well. I'd start him off there since that's a far more premium position than nickel corner.

I even think CJGJ could be more a 70/30 nickel/safety

hed give fangio extreme versatility with disguising because he’d be able to be all over the field. He’d kinda do what I’d want dejean to do

• Like 1

Also on burns my thought with burns is at 25 you kinda ideally with a McKinney signing refurbish the blue chip guys on defense to be more like 2017 

back then cox, graham, Malcolm 

you had these guys who were proper blue chip guys. 

in 2022 we really had maybe slay and reddick. You could argue sweat and Maddox were borderline blue chip guys at their positions. 

right now i feel as though the eagles have Jalen carter and reddick (for now)

slay is aging, reddick is going to probably fall fast due to size. 

eagles need to rebuild their core. Their blue chip guys they can rely on every game

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We're not signing 2 safeties. We didn't draft Sydney in round 2 so he could be our number 4 safety when he comes back from injury. 

My thought was CJGJ as a nickel not a safety. He was a really good nickel in New Orleans and he filled in for Maddox really well

hed do what I thought dejean could potentially do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

McKinney is too dang slow for my liking... We need some speed back there but maybe Vic can actually teach leverage in our coverage schemes unlike Desai 

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Also on burns my thought with burns is at 25 you kinda ideally with a McKinney signing refurbish the blue chip guys on defense to be more like 2017 

back then cox, graham, Malcolm 

you had these guys who were proper blue chip guys. 

in 2022 we really had maybe slay and reddick. You could argue sweat and Maddox were borderline blue chip guys at their positions. 

right now i feel as though the eagles have Jalen carter and reddick (for now)

slay is aging, reddick is going to probably fall fast due to size. 

eagles need to rebuild their core. Their blue chip guys they can rely on every game

If we could get Burns for #22 I would do it in a heartbeat but I doubt it

Edited by Wentz you dog you