2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

We will see.  I think you are highly overrating Johnson here and showing your clear bias against Davis.  It wasn't all that long ago people.lost their mind for taking Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas or even JPP.  That turned out pretty well for the Eagles.

I think you are highly underrating Johnson. The sack numbers weren't great, but even against us he had no sacks, but still was disruptive. It's not some biased take to assume he will get even better.

Would taking JPP or Earl Thomas not have worked out?

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If we draft Jer'Zhan or Murphy, they are easily DT2 over Davis. Not gonna be much worse against the run, and actually going to offer something on passing downs.

If it's pick 22, and DeJean/Quinyon are gone, I ain't mad at taking one of those guys over a WR or OL.
Wiggins weight scares me, and I like Terrion, but I'm more sold on Newton and Murphy becoming quality NFL starters.

you're still thinking in 4-3 bro. JD is gonna be at NT most of the time. even if we occasionally have 4-3 looks. Jordan Davis would still be on the field 70% of the time or so.

Also, not saying Davis can't get better but he has been exactly as advertised. He came out of college playing a concerningly low number of snaps and did not improve on that in year 1. Year 2 he came to camp supposedly a completely new player conditioning wise and in the end, still had issues with conditioning. Coming out of college, his pass rush skills was basically all projection based on athleticism. We haven't seen that part of his game develop much. I think anyone super bullish on him is pure homerism. I am hoping for the best but can't say I like the odds there. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

you're still thinking in 4-3 bro. JD is gonna be at NT most of the time. even if we occasionally have 4-3 looks. Jordan Davis would still be on the field 70% of the time or so.

He ain't got the stamina my dude. He was gassing out playing 48% of the time. You think he's gonna magically handle 70% of the snaps?

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I think you are highly underrating Johnson. The sack numbers weren't great, but even against us he had no sacks, but still was disruptive. It's not some biased take to assume he will get even better.

Would taking JPP or Earl Thomas not have worked out?

We'll never know, but both of their careers fizzled our quickly and Graham has been a solid player for the Eagles for over a decade including being an integral part of the Super Bowl team.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

You think he is capable of playing 70% of the snaps? Based on conditioning I am not sure and then he is likely coming off the field on passing downs most of the time as well.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

We'll never know, but both of their careers fizzled our quickly and Graham has been a solid player for the Eagles for over a decade including being an integral part of the Super Bowl team.

Earl was pretty good for a while. JPP blew his hand up. If he goes to Philly, maybe he doesn't play with fireworks.

Edited by Jeezla

A guy looking like a bad pick for a couple years then turning it around and being arguably the better pick is an anomaly and doesn't happen too often. I am not sure basing an opinion on Davis based on an anomaly 15 years ago is the best predictor of success going forward. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Earl was pretty good for a while. JPP blew his hand up. If he goes to Philly, maybe he doesn't play with fireworks.

And maybe if we take someone other than BG we never reach the Superbowl and certainly he's not there to strip sack Brady.  Life is a series of random events that need to happen just right to get the desired result.  I wouldn't trade taking BG in that draft for the world.

• Like 1

And maybe if we take someone other than BG we never reach the Superbowl and certainly he's not there to strip sack Brady.  Life is a series of random events that need to happen just right to get the desired result.  I wouldn't trade taking BG in that draft for the world.

Or maybe if we take Earl or JPP, we win 2 SB's. We'll never know.

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

A guy looking like a bad pick for a couple years then turning it around and being arguably the better pick is an anomaly and doesn't happen too often. I am not sure basing an opinion on Davis based on an anomaly 15 years ago is the best predictor of success going forward. 

I mean DT's historically take longer to develop than most positions and a lot of Davis is projection.  I wouldn't bet against his athletic traits.  Let's hope his work ethic does his talent justice moving forward.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Hell yeah. I agree.

I'll take just that 1 SB play and it was a massive success. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Or maybe if we take Earl or JPP, we win 2 SB's. We'll never know.

Now you're just being silly.  You would trade 1 for sure ring for a small chance at 2? The Eagles won a SB in large part because of Graham and Graham has had the better career.  Let it go.

5 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

being arguably the better pick

Earl Thomas has 3 1st team all pro and 2 2nd team all pro teams to his name. Graham has one 2nd team all pro to his name. Earl was the better pick. B-Rex is more lovable.