2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Even Jeff McLane posted a maybe? On saquon. Which you would think a local beat writer wouldn't think it would happen at all 

Howard eskin said about 2 weeks ago maybe that he thought the eagles were going to be interested

Seems unlikely Swift is back even if we don't land Barkley.

Not in love with the idea of going after Saquon unless it is a really team friendly deal which seems unlikely if the Texans are actual suitors for him. I'd just throw the bag at McKinney though. Don't care what it takes get it done.

9 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Yeah my biggest issue with Barkley is the Giants have rode him hard the past couple years and that was after having some down years from his body breaking down due to usage.  It's not a great use of resources.  I'm hoping all their FA resources go into fixing the defense.

Yeah the mileage for me is the issue. I do think they can sign Barkley a pass rusher, LB, and safety

LB, safety, RB will all fit into about 20-25 million total because of how much their market is down

pass rusher can be structured in a manner that fits into their cap.

i think Bo wulf said the path to an eagles Super Bowl is a top 5 offense. I agree with that. To me that would quicker mean signing Darnell Mooney and bringing back swift than saquon. 

if the eagles pro scouting staff thinks saquon still has 3 years of juice then I hope they’re right if they sign him. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Seems unlikely Swift is back even if we don't land Barkley.

Not in love with the idea of going after Saquon unless it is a really team friendly deal which seems unlikely if the Texans are actual suitors for him. I'd just throw the bag at McKinney though. Don't care what it takes get it done.

Throw the bag at McKinney, huff, Jordyn brooks

thats my dream

Having said that I really think the eagles are going to trade for a defensive player. CB, edge, LB I’m about 95% confident they’re going to trade a premium draft pick rounds 1-3 for a defensive starter

Just now, downundermike said:

Wow, it took only 13 minutes to iron out that deal

can the eagles obliterate the bears for tampering lol. Between signing TJ Edwards at 12:01 and now this wtf is up their *** with our guys

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah the mileage for me is the issue. I do think they can sign Barkley a pass rusher, LB, and safety

LB, safety, RB will all fit into about 20-25 million total because of how much their market is down

pass rusher can be structured in a manner that fits into their cap.

i think Bo wulf said the path to an eagles Super Bowl is a top 5 offense. I agree with that. To me that would quicker mean signing Darnell Mooney and bringing back swift than saquon. 

if the eagles pro scouting staff thinks saquon still has 3 years of juice then I hope they’re right if they sign him. 

Yep I feel like the Bears and Texans will be willing to throw the bag at a RB.  Not that we couldn't use one, but a better use of resources would be to add at S, LB, Edge, and even CB if they can swing it.  They can draft a RB and slot WR on day 2 or at a mj ium early day 3.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya we were never paying Swift that lol. Good for him though.

The bears are so embarrassing. They sign byard to a 7.5 a year with the deepest safety market in recent memory and then sign swift to an above market value minutes into free agency bears will bears I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Wow, it took only 13 minutes to iron out that deal

can the eagles obliterate the bears for tampering lol. Between signing TJ Edwards at 12:01 and now this wtf is up their *** with our guys

Welp, haha.  I'm not too butt hurt about this.  Swift did not have the same juice in his legs the 2nd half of the season.  Best of luck to him trying to carry that offense.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Welp, haha.  I'm not too butt hurt about this.  Swift did not have the same juice in his legs the 2nd half of the season.  Best of luck to him trying to carry that offense.

I’m not too butthurt about swift, definitely was butthurt about Edwards 

Swift is a very talented RB but I am not signing him to a 3 year deal and feeling great about it on day one of FA. He was really fun to watch and I wish the numbers worked out to where we could keep him, but you can't ignore the injury issues he had as a Lion when looking to the future. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is dealing with injuries again this year.