Divisional Games weekend GDT

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like if the Ravens make it a 2 score game here, it's over 

The Ravens defense has looked great today as the only TD they gave up was a ST TD. I wish the Niners defense could shutdown a young QB like how the Ravens are doing to CJ Stroud today. The Ravens defense & Niners defensive units are night & day as the Ravens can shut a team down and win in spite of a subpar day from Lamar & the offense. 

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

The Ravens defense has looked great today as the only TD they gave up was a ST TD. I wish the Niners defense could shutdown a young QB like how the Ravens are doing to CJ Stroud today. The Ravens defense & Niners defensive units are night & day as the Ravens can shut a team down and win in spite of a subpar day from Lamar & the offense. 

I guess no point in watching a 49er game according to you.

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401547532

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know Trever Lawrence's play regressed from year 2 to 3 and the Niners drubbed him. But since like December the Niners defense has been spotty at best.

If the Ravens were hosting the Packers in a playoff game I sure they'd make Jordan Love look no better than they've allowed CJ Stroud to look today.

On the flip side if the Niners defense hosted the Texans they'd allow the Texans to stay in the game as CJ Stroud would complete his share of passes and have some big runs to keep the sticks moving.

12 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I guess no point in watching a 49er game according to you.

No didn't say don't watch the game but meant don't expect a defensive shutdown performance like what the Ravens are doing to the Texans today. 

Even when the game was tied 10-10 at the half I had no confidence in the Texans b/c the Ravens defense was handling their offense completely. 

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I know Trever Lawrence's play regressed from year 2 to 3 and the Niners drubbed him. But since like December the Niners defense has been spotty at best.

If the Ravens were hosting the Packers in a playoff game I sure they'd make Jordan Love look no better than they've allowed CJ Stroud to look today.

On the flip side if the Niners defense hosted the Texans they'd allow the Texans to stay in the game as CJ Stroud would complete his share of passes and have some big runs to keep the sticks moving.

So is your concern with their play against young qbs, or their play down the stretch? Because you said 

17 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I wish the Niners defense could shutdown a young QB like how the Ravens are doing to CJ Stroud today.

8 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Wonder if not having our best run-stopping DT may have had anything to do with that

I'm sure that had something to do with it. But not having Arik Armstead was not the reason why the secondary keeps giving up the conversion on 3rd downs. Even last years unit that gave up the fewest PPG had issues in pass coverage in the secondary. If the Niners had a lock down secondary like how the Seahawks had and then later on the Broncos in 2015 then I'd be really confident in this teams chances.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

So is your concern with their play against young qbs, or their play down the stretch? Because you said 

I'm concerned about the defenses play against any QB's regardless of how many years of experience they have and I'm also concerned how the unit looked down the stretch as I expect to struggle with mobile QB's and in coverage on 3rd downs. Hopefully the return of Arik Armstead will mean going back to being an elite run stopping unit and then force 3rd & longs and get to the QB and not whiff. The Niners defense has a lot of pressures but the sack numbers don't reflect it.