Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Gabe Hall is a 6'5 290 pound freak of nature. He's on the Feldman Freaks List and will put up strong testing numbers. he is the classic look like Tarzan but play like Jane type. Hall is built like the prototypes of past that @warfelg mentioned. He's the classic Aaron Smith/Cam Heyward build. Hall just hasn't mastered using his hands/upper body. He struggles to disengage but he is a smooth mover which is tempting. He wins by effort rather than technique. Gabe Hall and Justin Eboigbe are identical in S/H and lack of hand usage. Hall plays too high in the running game and can get washed tho Eboigbe is better vs the run. Boom or bust prospect because his weakness is major but he is a S/H/W prospect with huge upside.

• Like 1

Either he’s a DND or his line coach in college was abysmal. He’s not even using his hands, how can he master the process? Thanks you for this tape…it’s awful, but, how telling is the question.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rlon said:

Either he’s a DND or his line coach in college was abysmal. He’s not even using his hands, how can he master the process? Thanks you for this tape…it’s awful, but, how telling is the question.

I try to watch other guys on the line when I spot something like that to know if it’s a coaching issue or player issue.  No one on that line uses their hands well, kind of like how no one at Georgia can block with their head up.  In instances like this when a single player can stand out to some degree without good coaching, I like taking a shot on them because that means what you are seeing is natural ability.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

He is drafted late as he is a risk.  Get him in the 6th round and try to coach him up for a year.

It’s not as bad as Daniel McCullers’ tape…I was clear on the fact that he would never be anything in the league when I watched it. I guess it’s worth a late developmental pick. I had a huge guy on my high school team who always stood upright rather than firing out and he never used his hands…I don’t expect to see stuff like that on the college level, but such was shade tree. I am a little wary of the Steelers’ tendency to take DL purely based on measurements, but I have seen some promise out of Loudermilk, last year, so you never know. 

I was just looking through WR prospects, and I get we shouldn't use a day 1 or 2 pick on another WR, but is Keon Coleman  another 'George Pickens'??  Supremely talented, athletically gifted, body-contortion-master that just has enough question marks, that he'll slide to day 2, but might end up one of the steals of the draft?  

Just imagine--2 'George Pickens' on the roster, could make just about an QB look fantastic.  Not likely the type of WR we would target, and suspect we'll grab a guy late day 3, but after seeing some of his highlights (and yes, I get it, highlights don't show the whole picture), he seems to be an extremely gifted WR.

3 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

I was just looking through WR prospects, and I get we shouldn't use a day 1 or 2 pick on another WR, but is Keon Coleman  another 'George Pickens'??  Supremely talented, athletically gifted, body-contortion-master that just has enough question marks, that he'll slide to day 2, but might end up one of the steals of the draft?  

Just imagine--2 'George Pickens' on the roster, could make just about an QB look fantastic.  Not likely the type of WR we would target, and suspect we'll grab a guy late day 3, but after seeing some of his highlights (and yes, I get it, highlights don't show the whole picture), he seems to be an extremely gifted WR.

Yes. In my breakdown I comp'd him to Pickens. I myself wouldn't take WR unless Odunze, Nabors, Harrison, Coleman, or Thomas fell to us. Based on individual skillsets of players currently on the roster, many of these WRs are lateral moves at best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Coleman is a freak and he will be back in the 1st round discussion after he tests at the combine and runs in the 4.4s in my opinion. And you are spot on with your Pickens comparison.

With that being said I think it’s extremely unlikely he ends up on the Steelers.

This punt return shows 4.4 speed (I think)

https://x.com/tomahawknation/status/1723483529177104536?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

• Like 1

Safety Evan Williams is a 6' 200 pounds of pure energy. This guy has the most versatility and range out of any Safety in this draft class. He is a big hitter but is also fluid and intelligent enough to play Single High. He is an excellent blitzer who times things well before exploding after the runner or blitzing the QB. I think he will test well at the combine. If he doesn't run 4.4 or faster than I'll be surprised. When he hits you, players stop in their tracks. He also has the ability to play Man, Zone, or Free at a high level. I think Evan is the most complete Safety in this class. I know that I want him in Pittsburgh and feel he should be taken with one of our 4th round picks. My comp for Evan Williams is Jabril Peppers.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:24 AM, rlon said:

It’s not as bad as Daniel McCullers’ tape…I was clear on the fact that he would never be anything in the league when I watched it. I guess it’s worth a late developmental pick. I had a huge guy on my high school team who always stood upright rather than firing out and he never used his hands…I don’t expect to see stuff like that on the college level, but such was shade tree. I am a little wary of the Steelers’ tendency to take DL purely based on measurements, but I have seen some promise out of Loudermilk, last year, so you never know. 

McCullers was always the last man moving.  You can't coach that up.

• Like 1