Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

2 hours ago, rlon said:

You know who was terribly inaccurate coming into this league? Josh Allen. I never thought he’d be anything, and I was wrong there but it was because I assumed being inaccurate doesn’t get better. It did for Josh.

Josh Allen is a unicorn. He was able to fix his mechanics in one offseason and for the most part, it has stuck.   How many QBs correct their mechanics and do well?  If you really believe that then you would be talking 1st round for Milton.

Edited by jebrick

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Josh Allen is a unicorn. He was able to fix his mechanics in one offseason and for the most part, it has stuck.   How many QBs correct their mechanics and do well?  If you really believe that then you would be talking 1st round for Milton.

Allen is the only QB who has made such a correction from such a state of inaccuracy and poor mechanics. At least, that I’ve watched film on…so you are preaching to the choir here. It does suggest the possibility though…

7 minutes ago, rlon said:

Allen is the only QB who has made such a correction from such a state of inaccuracy and poor mechanics. At least, that I’ve watched film on…so you are preaching to the choir here. It does suggest the possibility though…

Milton's physical abilities will have someone take a chance on him.  The problem is it is very hard to develop a backup QB, let along a #3 QB with the current CBA.  They will not get the snaps or playing time or practice time.  It is why I am fine with a 6th round pick for him but you have to plan on putting in years of wok on him.

30 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I have not watched him.  can he run good routes?

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yes.  I’m very bullish on him.  Desean Jackson vibes IMO.

Route running itself is very subjective. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Route running itself is very subjective. 

True.  His route running isn’t DJ crisp, but I would put it in the Hill category where he’s so quick in and out of his breaks, even if they aren’t good, that it almost doesn’t matter he wasn’t good at the break point.  Add in that he changes speed really well and it makes it really good.  If we kept DJ, I think Worthy would be a fun pick to have learn from DJ on route running.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

True.  His route running isn’t DJ crisp, but I would put it in the Hill category where he’s so quick in and out of his breaks, even if they aren’t good, that it almost doesn’t matter he wasn’t good at the break point.  Add in that he changes speed really well and it makes it really good.  If we kept DJ, I think Worthy would be a fun pick to have learn from DJ on route running.

Here's the thing, regarding route running, I'm sure Worthy can run every route but it won't be as clean as DJ's. I think he is more of a space player but I'll double check.

10 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Here's the thing, regarding route running, I'm sure Worthy can run every route but it won't be as clean as DJ's. I think he is more of a space player but I'll double check.

He is, that’s why I said it would be good for him to work around a guy like DJ.

I hope we don't take a WR in the 1st. Not that I hate the idea of drafting a stud WR, but I don't think there are any true game changers that we can realistically get. I also don't see a lot of great fits. Rome O is the closest to fitting what I want as a WR, but I don't he is worth it for our situation. That is heavily dependent on our FA moves, though. If we snag a good C, CB, ILB in FA, I'd be ok with Rome. I don't love the idea of trading up for him, though. Unless we move Diontae for picks. I agree with whomever said that Diontae isn't a good fit for Smith's offense.  My ideal WR for our offense with or without Diontae, is a big, physical, route runner. In the Deebo/AJ Brown/Aiyuk mold. We could also sign Jonnu and use Pat as our big physical inside guy? His route running isn't at that level, though.  

@bigben07MVP might be able to weigh on Jaheim Bell. Sorry if he's already been brought up in here. SD did a report on him recently. He's built like a FB, but isn't the best blocker so far as I understand. 

Also, an off topic question. How did Smith use Jonnu in his offense? Was he mostly inline or used out of the back field? Bell and Jonnu are basically the same size. 

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@bigben07MVP might be able to weigh on Jaheim Bell. Sorry if he's already been brought up in here. SD did a report on him recently. He's built like a FB, but isn't the best blocker so far as I understand. 

Also, an off topic question. How did Smith use Jonnu in his offense? Was he mostly inline or used out of the back field? Bell and Jonnu are basically the same size. 

Mostly inline.  Smith likes 2 inline TE’s so you need to be able to block and catch. He really mixes up where they line up and who releases vs chips vs stays in.  That’s why I’m not bullish on Muth’s future here, he’s just not a good enough blocker.  Granted he gives effort but he’s just not great at it.  

I would be in favor of move Muth, sign Smith, draft Bell and give ASmith a stable of TE’s who can do what he asks very well.

50 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I would be in favor of move Muth, sign Smith, draft Bell and give ASmith a stable of TE’s who can do what he asks very well.

I wouldn't be too upset about that. Muth is a fan favorite, but I feel like his upside is limited due to health and his blocking deficiencies.