Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

It showed on film. For some reason people were assuming he'd run 4.4 or faster. Fast guys don't consistently play 5 yards or more off the LoS.

Some thought 4.5 possible and he would be an off zone type guy. 

Just now, warfelg said:

Some thought 4.5 possible and he would be an off zone type guy. 

It's only a tenth or hundredth of a second difference but that equates to at least 3 or more yards of separation. Josh Norman is the only CB I remember who thrived playing at that speed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

It's only a tenth or hundredth of a second difference but that equates to at least 3 or more yards of separation. Josh Norman is the only CB I remember who thrived playing at that speed. 

And he was a half field CB. I think Sherman was there too. But the could open their hips well in one way. 

Just now, warfelg said:

And he was a half field CB. I think Sherman was there too. But the could open their hips well in one way. 

True. Those guys were also Cover 3 defenders and they struggled playing Man. Sherman ran 4.56 which is a solid time for his size.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

@warfelg you familiar with Javion Cohen? He's a beast at LG. He whipped up on Fiske and Lovett.

Like him and he jumped when looking at those guys. Need to do homework on OGs. Haven’t looked at them a ton. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Like him and he jumped when looking at those guys. Need to do homework on OGs. Haven’t looked at them a ton. 

Mahogany from Boston College is good.

Beebe is good to. Bad athlete.

I like those 3 the best.

15 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Shon Stephens 5'8 173 ran 4.3s in the 40 yard dash with 6.97 in the three-cone drill to go along with a 36" vertical. He also completed 19 reps of 225 on the bench.

He's Joey Porter Jr's cousin and is a ballhawk. Steelers were in attendance.

Pittsburgh Steelers Interested in Porter Jr.'s Cousin Shon Stephens (heavy.com)

Pretty sure they showed plenty of interest at either the combine or one of the college all star games(can’t remember)…and plus the bloodlines thing.

Id file that away as one of their 6th rounders right now.

• Like 2

Steelers Senior Scouting Assistant Kelvin Fisher attending Arizona's Pro Day Thursday. OT Jordan Morgan is a potential late 1st round pick while WR Jacob Cowing will be drafted. TE Tanner McLachlan also a name to watch. per Alex Kozora