Free Agency 2024

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Texans offered a 2025 3rd and a pick swap but Chargers preferred the 4th this year the Bears gave them. At first glance, I'd have taken the 3rd next year but as I think about it, if Texans are as good as people think, the Bears 4th this year vs Texans 3rd next year may be only a few spots. 

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Tank Dell tweeted the same thing just now before he deleted it.  I wonder whats going on. 

My guess is Diggs is about to be released or traded. He is owed 18mil guaranteed by this weekend and I think he has worn down his Buffalo welcome. GMs are probably fighting with each other to see if anyone offers a low pick and assumes his cap hit or fight for him in free agency. 

Two teams I can think of off the rip are Dallas and Houston. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

My guess is Diggs is about to be released or traded. He is owed 18mil guaranteed by this weekend and I think he has worn down his Buffalo welcome. GMs are probably fighting with each other to see if anyone offers a low pick and assumes his cap hit or fight for him in free agency. 

Two teams I can think of off the rip are Dallas and Houston. 

We can’t afford Diggs 

4 minutes ago, Blaze said:

If they were willing to take on Allen's contract per the reports, they can afford Diggs.

Allen is in the last year of a deal that has no dead weight on it. That can be restructured a million ways. Diggs is still owed a boat load of money. The bills aren’t gonna cut him, and I don’t see them trading him for scrapes. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Allen is in the last year of a deal that has no dead weight on it. That can be restructured a million ways. Diggs is still owed a boat load of money. The bills aren’t gonna cut him, and I don’t see them trading him for scrapes. 

I think there’s an out in his contract after maybe 2025 

43 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Diggs/Metchie
Nico/Brown
Dell/Hutchinson 

Schultz/Jordan

All so we can run the ball every 1st down 

I'm really hoping we start hearing reports about Metchie having an excellent offseason and working out with CJ.

• Like 3