Free Agency 2024

On 3/18/2024 at 8:05 AM, ET80 said:

I'm pretty much ok with the idea of Xavier Hutchinson and John Metchie going into Y2/Y2 Redshirt seasons. Your top 3 will be Nico/Tank/Brown and your WR4 will be your crafty vet, Robert Woods; 5/6 are guys who either impact ST (Hutch) or are guys you think can develop with the right circumstances (Metchie and Hutch). 

Now, if you can add a top 10 WR to that mix such as Keenan Allen? You jump at that opportunity, push everyone at 1-3 down and release Woods. That's a rare opportunity, bringing in a guy of Allen's caliber. 

You don't do that for Tee Higgins.

Dont spend what it would take to trade for Higgins.

Draft a WR in rd 2-4.

I like McConkey/Pearsall/Burton/Malik Washington in varying rds.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We have 3 picks day 2 and so we probably need to go with some combo of WR, DT, LB, CB

Use both 4ths and future picks to trade up into the 3rd to be able to fill all of the holes if there's a guy they really like in the 3rd.

They've been looking at 4th rd LB's like Jordan Magee, Darius Muasau, Nate Watson. Might need a slight trade up from 4-123 to draft one of these guys.

34 minutes ago, Kirby Drive said:

Dont spend what it would take to trade for Higgins.

Draft a WR in rd 2-4.

I like McConkey/Pearsall/Burton/Malik Washington in varying rds.

I'm keeping very close eyes on Malachi Corley or Troy Franklin if we're picking this high in the 2nd. I personally think Corley might turn out to be one of the better pros that comes from this draft. Franklin is a bigger/sturdier version of Xavier Worthy, he plays fast and takes tops off with his speed. 

• Like 1

If he would play for the vet minimum, which he probably won't, I'd be interested. I just worry about Okudah being one play away from being CB1.

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm keeping very close eyes on Malachi Corley or Troy Franklin if we're picking this high in the 2nd. I personally think Corley might turn out to be one of the better pros that comes from this draft. Franklin is a bigger/sturdier version of Xavier Worthy, he plays fast and takes tops off with his speed. 

When Ryans said they were looking for WR's that could separate, I started looking at guys like McConkey/Pearsall/Malik Washington. All really fast guys that can get in and out of their breaks quickly. If you're looking for a Franklin type WR I like Burton at the top of the 4th better than Franklin at the top of the 2nd.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Blaze said:

If he would play for the vet minimum, which he probably won't, I'd be interested. I just worry about Okudah being one play away from being CB1.

Ya, we definitely are still bringing in a vet CB and using one of the 3 Day 2 picks on a CB. The room is light right now on bodies and talent. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

When Ryans said they were looking for WR's that could separate, I started looking at guys like McConkey/Pearsall/Malik Washington. All really fast guys that can get in and out of their breaks quickly. If you're looking for a Franklin type WR I like Burton at the top of the 4th better than Franklin at the top of the 2nd.

I was interested in Burton as well but then I found out he has character concerns. The team has typically stayed away from guys like that, but I wonder we’ll deal with it now that we’re actually setting up a team with a strong culture

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

I was interested in Burton as well but then I found out he has character concerns. The team has typically stayed away from guys like that, but I wonder we’ll deal with it now that we’re actually setting up a team with a strong culture

He hit a female fan in the head following the Alabama loss to Tennessee, per wiki.

Considering who are starting RB is? Yeah, I think we're not staying away based on that.