Jags have hired Ryan Nielsen as DC

FalconFan13

Very good get for them he was way above avg here in Atlanta and imo it's a big loss for us and was the worst thing that happened from the Smith firing.

He doubled our sack total from last year in 1 season and had more sacks just in this 1 year than both of our last 2 years combined lol.       Took us from a mid to late 20's defense to a top 10 to 15 defense in on season as well.  Before the last game of the season we were top 8 in both YPG and PPG.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Very good get for them he was way above avg here in Atlanta and imo it's a big loss for us and was the worst thing that happened from the Smith firing.

I  was having to explain how he's not bad to other jags fans on Facebook cuz dude panicked about just an interview.  

Posted relatively similar numbers to us but theirs defense was put in a worse position with the ridder offensive failure 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

I  was having to explain how he's not bad to other jags fans on Facebook cuz dude panicked about just an interview.  

Posted relatively similar numbers to us but theirs defense was put in a worse position with the ridder offensive failure 

Why would anyone think he is bad?  The Saints defense has been very good over the years and he took our dumpster fire of a defense to above avg in 1 season.   What more could they ask for honestly XD

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Good hire by Baalke. Wonder how much man he will run in Jax. Can definitely see CB being in play at 17.

From what i remember We were a good bit more man coverage than zone although we did both ofcourse.  But we were at our best when we went man imo.  I think we started to lean more on zone when we got injuries and lost talent.  Get use to your Edge Rushers being some big boys as well im talking 6'4+ 270+.  He targeted that size in NO and he targeted that size last year for us.   Cam jordan, Marcus Davenport, Bud Dupree, Callias Campbell, Zach Harrison.  All guys he was apart of hiring or bringing in at both plays and they are all bit in that mold or bigger.

Edited by FalconFan13

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

We were a bit more man coverage than zone although we did both ofcourse.  But we were at our best when we went man imo.   Get use to your Edge Rushers being some big boys as well im talking 6'4+ 270+.  He targeted that size in NO and he targeted that size last year for us.   Cam jordan, Marcus Davenport, Bud Dupree, Callias Campbell, Zach Harrison.  All guys he was apart of hiring or bringing in at both plays and they are all bit in that mold or bigger.

We are better suited for zone, so I’m curious to see if he adapts to his personnel. He should love Travon then. I wonder if he’ll slide him inside more, which is where he should be IMO. I did see the Falcons were 32nd in PRWR and still managed to finish 12th in EPA/Play. Pretty impressive. With Josh Allen, hopefully, and Travon ascending, he has some pieces to work with upfront.

12 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

From what i remember We were a good bit more man coverage than zone although we did both ofcourse.  But we were at our best when we went man imo.  I think we started to lean more on zone when we got injuries and lost talent.  Get use to your Edge Rushers being some big boys as well im talking 6'4+ 270+.  He targeted that size in NO and he targeted that size last year for us.   Cam jordan, Marcus Davenport, Bud Dupree, Callias Campbell, Zach Harrison.  All guys he was apart of hiring or bringing in at both plays and they are all bit in that mold or bigger.

The only edge on the roster who isn't big is Yassir Abdullah( 6 foot 1 and maybe 240 pounds soaking wet)? But he compensates with athletic abilities.  Abdullah was actually fairly decent from a pressure standpoint on snaps but he lost all snaps once smoot came off the pup list.  Should have been Chaisson but "special teams". 

17 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ah good so i wasn't blind in what i was seeing when watching the game lol.   Also the smaller guys might lose some playing time and have to earn it back little by little lol.  Ebeketie didn't get a ton of snaps even though he was our best pressure and sack guy on the team per snap count by quite a bit i think.  He will use them on pass rushing downs but will mostly keep the bigger guys in on 1st 2 downs.

18 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Ah good so i wasn't blind in what i was seeing when watching the game lol.   Also the smaller guys might lose some playing time and have to earn it back little by little lol.  Ebeketie didn't get a ton of snaps even though he was our best pressure and sack guy on the team per snap count by quite a bit i think.  He will use them on pass rushing downs but will mostly keep the bigger guys in on 1st 2 downs.

Allen is like 6 foot 5 250-260 somewhere in there I think.  Walkers like 6 foot 5 275. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Allen is like 6 foot 5 250-260 somewhere in there I think.  Walkers like 6 foot 5 275. 

Those 2 would be set anyways honestly i would imagine.  Was more so talking about guys going forward you are drafting or picking up in FA probably.