Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Anyone think that we might have been handicapped in the HC search by the players being so vocal and other coaches thinking we were hiring Pierce anyway so having little to no interest in interviewing with us??

From the Press conference, it appears the entire organization wanted AP as coach. Even the GMs interviewed mentioned they felt like AP should be the coach.
Now who knows that could be conjecture and hearsay but sounds like it was a organizational decision to spend time to focus on the GM hire instead

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

I don't know why there is this big disconnect here.  This team wasn't good last year.  They did really well with what they had and what transpired and AP was rewarded for his efforts.  We were a mediocre team who lost to some bad teams, won against some bad teams, and even upset the Chiefs.  At the end of the day, losing record and no playoff appearance, but could have been worse.  That is the past now.

It's time to focus on the future and next season.  Of course we have pieces in place on both sides of the ball.  However, we have a long way to go to improve from mediocre.  Coach and GM are in place, no matter how any of us feel about them.  Next up OC and filling the staff out.  Then the truly important part, finding a QB and fleshing out this roster.  

No one knows what will happen next year, but it's very misguided to think anything will be the same as this past year.  Good and bad.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Anyone think that we might have been handicapped in the HC search by the players being so vocal and other coaches thinking we were hiring Pierce anyway so having little to no interest in interviewing with us??

Obviously, we didn’t even interview another legitimate candidate. It also probably limited our options at GM as well. To appease a core of players that has won 14 games in 2 years lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Telesco found Keenan Allen in round 3. He getting near potential HOF career

Yeah he hit on one mid round pick over a decade ago. What has he done since? Their drafting has been meh outside of early picks. 

6 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

We hate him because of his 1st round picks. Late round he did reasonably well.

I don't know why. He picked Josh Jacobs, Henry Ruggs, and Damon Arnette in the 1st round. It wasn't his fault Ruggs turned into a tragedy and Arnette a nut job. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looking back at Mayock, I thought he did pretty well in the mid-late rounds tbh. But those early picks are just unforgivable...

The theory is that Gruden made the first round picks but then MM went to work Day 2/3. He did find gems 

I don't think Telesco is stupid enough to trade away what little draft capital we have to move up into the top 5 to select a QB. At least, I hope he's not. 

We got too many holes we need to fix. I think he knows it. We stay stay at 13 and take BPA.

Edited by PhillyRaider

10 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I don't know why. He picked Josh Jacobs, Henry Ruggs, and Damon Arnette in the 1st round. It wasn't his fault Ruggs turned into a tragedy and Arnette a nut job. 

Passing on Jefferson for arnette was comical. Arnette was a projected Day 2 pick. MM was obsessed with Clemson guys.

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

I don't think Telesco us stupid enough to trade away what little draft capital we have to move up into the top 5 to select a QB. At least, I hope he's not. 

We got too many holes we need to fix. I think he knows it. We stay stay at 13 and take BPA.

We don’t have many holes