Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

Raiders beat writers who were adamant that it was going to be Champ Kelly in ruins…

In all seriousness, this is kinda surprising, and also relatively underwhelming. He drafted well, but I feel like the Chargers often had fairly lop-sided rosters, and hired some terrible HCs during Telesco’s tenure.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Did not see this coming at all.

I guess he's pretty good at hitting in the first round and decent with FA?  I'm not really impressed with his body of work.  Felt like we could have done better.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Did not see this coming at all.

I guess he's pretty good at hitting in the first round and decent with FA?  I'm not really impressed with his body of work.  Felt like we could have done better.

He has A LOT of history to go look at. The good thing is he's almost a lock to draft a first round great player. 

....rounds 2-7, you'll never hear of any of them again

I’m not going to pretend to know that much about GM candidates but the Chargers don’t really inspire me if I think we’re taking their former guys. 

Dodds was highly regarded and would probably preferred to give him a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Raiders beat writers who were adamant that it was going to be Champ Kelly in ruins…

In all seriousness, this is kinda surprising, and also relatively underwhelming. He drafted well, but I feel like the Chargers often had fairly lop-sided rosters, and hired some terrible HCs during Telesco’s tenure.

I disagree. I went back and looked at his drafts and every 2nd-7th round selection were the most mediocre group I have ever seen. 

His drafts are the embodiment of "draft some contributors" 

Luckily, his free agency additions seem to be phenomenal. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

He has A LOT of history to go look at. The good thing is he's almost a lock to draft a first round great player. 

....rounds 2-7, you'll never hear of any of them again

I'll take your word for it.  As a Raiders fan, I've seen the Chargers' roster when we play against them and the depth has never impressed me.  Once 1-2 of their top starters go down, they start to suck.  It's literally their MO.

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I disagree. I went back and looked at his drafts and every 2nd-7th round selection were the most mediocre group I have ever seen. 

His drafts are the embodiment of "draft some contributors" 

Luckily, his free agency additions seem to be phenomenal. 

Fair enough, I just always feel like their roster is full of decent talent. Possibly just a lot of high picks supplemented by FAs, but either way - they DID have good rosters.

I'm trying hard to be positive here...

• Like 3