Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Their roster was stacked, but coaching underperformed is how I view it. He got the players, but coaches couldn't coach them. 

Oh, and let's not forget the injuries. Can't think of a team that had more bad luck to top end players than them.

Maybe the injuries had something to do with coaching too, just poor management all round of the talent.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws here, but if we have a guy who can identify talent in Telesco and a coach who can get guys bought in, working hard to improve and over achieving we may be onto something……….

• Like 4

I am curious about what Telesco pitched to MD that sealed it for him. I’m guessing that his experience was the main factor over the others.

But it did seem to all intents and purposes that Kelly and Dodds were the front runners. So could Telesco have won him over with his suggestions for how to improve the roster? Possibly his ideas on QB too?

32 minutes ago, Totty said:

He hasn't, which is why he isn't a GM.  In the little amount of time, he was in on making AP the HC, brought in Jack Jones, her holds some responsibly to our roster and draft this past season.  So there's some credit there.  I'm not arguing for Champ. However everything single thing you've posted lately, you'd think the sky is falling.  

Do you like ANYTHING, negative NYancy? 

So bringing in Jack Jones off waivers while being apart of losing organizations for a decade straight warrants being a GM in the NFL?

Just now, NYRaider said:

So bringing in Jack Jones off waivers while being apart of losing organizations for a decade straight warrants being a GM in the NFL?

Read the first sentence of my post.  Have a nice day weirdo.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Read the first sentence of my post.  Have a nice day weirdo.  

He had zero input on AP being named the interim HC, lol.

Kelly has proven nothing which is why no one is willing to hire him bud.

Clear that negativity

This could be a great hire, apparently his biggest flaw was assembling an underachieving roster, well if AP is the master motivator everyone claims he is, this team should be pretty good. I mean I didn’t even like the move but I won’t deny AP got these boys playing well. If he gets a QB in this draft it’s water under the bridge. 

We need to hire a President of Football Operations. 

Telesco, didn’t really thrill me. But I feel coaching has held back talented rosters with the Chargers. Those day 3 picks are concerning, but that could be on coaching too. He’s hit a few HRs in early rounds. I’m willing to wait and see, per usual.

Silver lining is we may be able to keep Champ Kelly, if he is not hired away. 

Im hoping we keep PG and nail down a quality offensive staff. Does Telesco open the door for Kellen Moore? 

• Like 1