Brad Holmes--PFWA Executive Of The Year

Good to see he got the well deserved recognition.  I was nervous that Nick Caserio in Houston might have snagged it given they made some risky moves as well in hiring a young inexperienced head coach this year, drafting a QB, and trading up to get Will Anderson and it all worked out for them to end up in the second round of the playoffs when expected to be back in contention for the top pick.  We were expected to compete for the North so its not as much of a shock but a big reason we are where we are is because of the draft and landing 4 starters in the first four picks.  Also if you consider this more of a 3 year award, Holmes has easily been the best GM over the last 3 years.  

Its unfortunate Demeco did so well unexpectedly and he probably deserved the award but I still think Dan Campbell should have got it.  With all of the scrutiny he got and the way it started, to keep this team together and build it into this is pretty crazy.  Meanwhile the Texans have been an ok roster lacking a QB.  

Also not shocked that Ben Johnson did not get the Coordinator award but glad he was mentioned in the running.  What he did with the perceived lack of talent was pretty amazing.  

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Dan Campbell wins 2023 The Sporting News Head Coach of the Year

Brad Holmes wins 2023 The Sporting New Executive of the Year

I am glad Dan Campbell is finally being seen as the really good HC that he has become.  He had some stiff competition.  DeMeco Ryans did a heck of a job this year.  I don't really like Sean McVay but he might have done the best coaching job of his career to get the 2023 Rams into the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I am glad Dan Campbell is finally being seen as the really good HC that he has become.  He had some stiff competition.  DeMeco Ryans did a heck of a job this year.  I don't really like Sean McVay but he might have done the best coaching job of his career to get the 2023 Rams into the playoffs.

I'm sure the media will make some quip about him celebrating by eating kneecaps or something of that nature. 

10 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Do they have awards for other front office management? Chris Spielman deserves so much credit for turning this boat around and bringing on Holmes and Campbell.

It all starts with Spielman honestly.

Good for Holmes though on award 

Spielman just keeps achieving. He will always be my favourite Lion.