Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

2 hours ago, Soko said:

Cool. That has nothing to do with what I, or the other guy, said. What is your contention with “Lamar should improve radically as a passer”, if you’re saying he’s only good/very good, and not elite? You unsurprisingly got defensive and asked the guy to give you specific stats to reach that level, when you yourself basically outlined where he could go in order to improve. He’s not an elite passer. He could become one. Whatever standard you want to use (P.S. no one is going to use passer rating as the end-all), your opinion was that Lamar’s not there yet. Playing both sides of the fence.

My friend, you need to work on your writing skills. It seems like you are trying to making some incisive points but the ideas don't flow together at all. Rework this and resubmit please.

It’s actually not, at all. “Player X can do this because Player Y did it”, yeah, no. Thousands of others haven’t done it. 

??? I don't get what you are trying to communicate.

“If their body holds up”, yeaaaah you ignore everything (like the outlier seasons/awful durability of the guys you mentioned), so I’m not expecting much at this point. 

Vick - had one good season at 30 years old, then regressed and couldn’t stay healthy for the rest of his 30s. Never played 16 games past 30, including the outlier season.

Cunningham - had one good season at 35, was not good/healthy enough to start for the rest of his 30s. Never played 16 games past 30, including the outlier season. 

Newton - had one healthy season after turning 30, was awful. Never played 16 games past 30.

Young - didn’t even take the starting job until after turning 30.

So yeah, your examples are terrible, and if anything only support that mobile QBs are capable of having one good season past 30 before crashing back down to earth. Will that happen to Lamar? Who knows. But bringing these guys up as if they prove anything in favor of longevity, is a joke.

Maybe your reading comprehension needs work too. The premise of the argument (do you understand what a premise is?) that others have floated is that "running QBs", once they become slightly less athletic, lose their effectiveness as a passer.

But this is contradicted by the fact by that Vick, Cunningham, and Young all had their best passing seasons after age 30.

Unfortunately for them, Cunningham and Vick's bodies broke down and they could not continue on. But they had full seasons of excellent play after 30, which were the best seasons of their careers.

Therefore, it seems quite apparent that "running QBs" can improve their passing ability into their 30s to makeup for their loss in athleticism. Obviously, if they suffer a debilitating shoulder injury like Cam, we really can't assess how they would perform in their 30s.

More hits = more risk. Taking more hits isn’t a good thing.

Not really. It depends on the type of hits and who is doing the hitting, and the players body position while being hit. Some players will never get injured, and some are very injury prone. Tony Gonzalez played 17 years and missed 2 games.

The actual “available evidence” you brought up actually hurts your hopes and dreams.

Wow man, you like thinking about my emotions and sh*t? Maybe find some other dude who wants to reciprocate, I'm not into that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

2 MVPs basically guarantees entry to the HOF.

Is Cam a HOF Qb? Me thinks he’ll need to get a ring or 2. Without it he’ll be forgotten. Specially if he keeps failing in the postseason. Hall of very good. 

Again, can he? Yeah for sure. But Mahomes, Burrow and Josh in their prime I really doubt it. Lamar is running into greatness and he’ll have to match it.. Take the MVPs but I love me some Joey B. They were down in arrowhead and beat that as! That’s the f will im

talking about. That’s the DAWG you want! Lamer was down 3-10 and it felt like 40. Imagine him down by 20 in arrowhead? Breh. If you can answer this for me ^^ I would love it.. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I really love @AngusMcFifehes someone I’ll love to grab a beer with. Love it. He got that dawg in him. He’s more rational than seagulls. Seagulls looks like he runs to twitter to find stats that support his arguments.. 

I'm a shining beacon of rationality that cuts through the fog of uncertainty and disinformation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm a shining beacon of rationality that cuts through the fog of uncertainty and disinformation.

predator-handshake.gif

You do shine baby. You really do. It’s always the misunderstood that are the real ones. NGL though that game thread where you thought they were calling you crazy had me rolling. I’m like that’s my dawg. Shoot first ask questions later. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

You guys really looking for a rational argument from Ramster here? Lol

I just read a post from him saying that if Manning retired in 2003 he would've been a hall of famer based on the eye test.

Excuse me while I go have an aneurism and laugh myself to death at the same time.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just read a post from him saying that if Manning retired in 2003 he would've been a hall of famer based on the eye test.

Excuse me while I go have an aneurism and laugh myself to death at the same time.

Go Seahawks. 

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Is Cam a HOF Qb?

My guy, when I said you couldn't read I didn't think you also couldn't count TO TWO!

Now read it again

Slower.

2 MVPs

One last time

2 is greater than 1. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My guy, when I said you couldn't read I didn't think you also couldn't count TO TWO!

Now read it again

Slower.

One last time

2 is greater than 1. 

Why are you telling me his playoff record? 2-5 yes I know. What other MVPs choked that hard? Run to Twitter and show me. 

• Like 1

Arguing that “the eye test” put Peyton in a “non-choker” category when that’s the very thing a majority of people were saying about him at that point in his career is utter nonsense.  You would have found people saying the very same thing about Peyton on this very forum that you’re seeing people say about Lamar now.  “Great stats guy, great regular season QB, but can’t get it done in the playoffs, choker, etc.”

Peyton also was earning those labels and comments while playing with 4 of the best position players in the league at the time and numerous current/future HOFers, including his C.  Who is Lamar throwing to? Who is taking the defenses attention? He doesn’t have Faulk or James, he doesn’t have Marvin or Reggie.  Yet he’s put up 154 TDs in 6yrs to Peyton’s 167 while only throwing 45 INTS to Peyton’s 110.  LJ is at a 3:1 TD:INT rate to Peyton’s 1.5:1.  LJ has 21k yards of offense to Peyton’s 25k.  LJ has two MVPs and 2 APs to Peyton’s one.  But tell me they’re not comparable 6yrs in… oooh Peyton’s 3-5 and Lamar’s 2-5 cool - what did Peyton do year 7?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Arguing that “the eye test” put Peyton in a “non-choker” category when that’s the very thing a majority of people were saying about him at that point in his career is utter nonsense.  You would have found people saying the very same thing about Peyton on this very forum that you’re seeing people say about Lamar now.  “Great stats guy, great regular season QB, but can’t get it done in the playoffs, choker, etc.”

Peyton also was earning those labels and comments while playing with 4 of the best position players in the league at the time and numerous current/future HOFers, including his C.  Who is Lamar throwing to? Who is taking the defenses attention? He doesn’t have Faulk or James, he doesn’t have Marvin or Reggie.  Yet he’s put up 154 TDs in 6yrs to Peyton’s 167 while only throwing 45 INTS to Peyton’s 110.  LJ is at a 3:1 TD:INT rate to Peyton’s 1.5:1.  LJ has 21k yards of offense to Peyton’s 25k.  LJ has two MVPs and 2 APs to Peyton’s one.  But tell me they’re not comparable 6yrs in… oooh Peyton’s 3-5 and Lamar’s 2-5 cool - what did Peyton do year 7?

He carried the colts for years baby. 

The Worst Defense To Ever Win A Super Bowl: The 2006 Colts

I love him. Lamar has plenty of time. That’s the good thing.. But you’re a Dak guy so I see why you’re doing this. 

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

He carried the colts for years baby. 

The Worst Defense To Ever Win A Super Bowl: The 2006 Colts

I love him. Lamar has plenty of time. That’s the good thing.. But you’re a Dak guy so I see why you’re doing this. 

You’re leaving the realm of our debate - 2006 was year 9.  Lamar still has 3 years.  

And you’re saying a QB who threw 3 TDs to 7 INTs “carried” his team that postseason? If anyone it was his HOF Kicker that carried them that post season