Marcell Ozuna traded to the Cardinals

JammerHammer21

3 hours ago, NewAge said:

Having seen the full deal, strong return. Love the second piece. No, I’m not saying what the deal is here. 

Iwbr, Benny has better sources. Haven’t heard from him in awhile though. 

Hopefully the Braves take a look at Yelich. You would think it would take a haul to get him but with Jeter down there, maybe we can steal him.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Iwbr, Benny has better sources. Haven’t heard from him in awhile though. 

Hopefully the Braves take a look at Yelich. You would think it would take a haul to get him but with Jeter down there, maybe we can steal him.

I wish I knew what was going on with the Marlins. Is Jeter really pulling the strings or is it from the people he kept on/mixed with Hill saying we need to save money and just take what anyone can give us. 

I feel like teams around the league have to be shocked on the returns - maybe not so much Stanton if it's a salary dump but they had to of been able to get more than that for Ozuna.

2 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

I wish I knew what was going on with the Marlins. Is Jeter really pulling the strings or is it from the people he kept on/mixed with Hill saying we need to save money and just take what anyone can give us. 

I feel like teams around the league have to be shocked on the returns - maybe not so much Stanton if it's a salary dump but they had to of been able to get more than that for Ozuna.

Yelich is under control for like 4 more years right? He has to fetch a pretty good package of prospects. 

It sounded like a lot of teams were in on Ozuna. Kind of hard to believe that was the best package they were offered. I feel like they are being impatient.

3 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

Until we get a better idea of what the other offers were, we may never know.  This very well could have been the best package available.  I mean, it's clear they coveted Alcantara and don't share the same concerns that hrubes has.  And Sierra is a good player.  But let's not pretend like Ozuna is a perennial 5 WAR OF either.  Cardinals are gambling too.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Glenlivet 21 year old is delicious

I've had their 12 and 18 I believe- I'd have to look for their 21, PA isn't the best for finding the best selection. I do want something smooth going down and maybe a slight burn. If you have any more recommendations please PM me.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Until we get a better idea of what the other offers were, we may never know.  This very well could have been the best package available.  I mean, it's clear they coveted Alcantara and don't share the same concerns that hrubes has.  And Sierra is a good player.  But let's not pretend like Ozuna is a perennial 5 WAR OF either.  Cardinals are gambling too.

He had a break out year and was a 5 WAR player. Now I do agree after 2 years it's tough to say being a Boras client I think he will go wherever the money is.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yelich is under control for like 4 more years right? He has to fetch a pretty good package of prospects. 

It sounded like a lot of teams were in on Ozuna. Kind of hard to believe that was the best package they were offered. I feel like they are being impatient.

Until 2022. 

1 minute ago, BrownieTheElf said:

He had a break out year and was a 5 WAR player. Now I do agree after 2 years it's tough to say being a Boras client I think he will go wherever the money is.

He hit over .310 and ISO'd almost 50 points higher than his career average.  Is it sustainable?  Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

I've had their 12 and 18 I believe- I'd have to look for their 21, PA isn't the best for finding the best selection. I do want something smooth going down and maybe a slight burn. If you have any more recommendations please PM me.

I'm actually not a huge scotch guy, but my buddy is.  He was over the moon excited that he found a Glenlivet 21 and made me try it.  It was ridiculously good.  Quite expensive, but if you like scotch, it would be worth it.  I'm a hipster who enjoys his microbrews.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He hit over .310 and ISO'd almost 50 points higher than his career average.  Is it sustainable?  Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or the other.

Elevated BABIP and HR/FB rates.  He may not be the 2017 version going forward, but he's still good.  

8 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm actually not a huge scotch guy, but my buddy is.  He was over the moon excited that he found a Glenlivet 21 and made me try it.  It was ridiculously good.  Quite expensive, but if you like scotch, it would be worth it.  I'm a hipster who enjoys his microbrews.

Love IPAs. My girl and I always get new stuff when we can find it from all over the country.

If anyone is a gin fan, I tried Monkey 47 for the first time. That stuff is goooood.

8 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Elevated BABIP and HR/FB rates.  He may not be the 2017 version going forward, but he's still good.  

I wasn't trying to imply he was going to fade into oblivion.  Thinking .280/.350/.530.  He's not going to be a 140+ wRC+ next year.

Archived