The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If we hire Dan Quinn we're right back where we were. 

I’m not a fan of that potential hire, but I still don’t think that’s quite true. 

The Jimmys and Joes are always going to be more important than the X’s and O’s — which means a new high-quality personnel head in Peters is going to make a huge difference in what we’re doing. Even Rivera won 15 games and went to the SB when he had the horses to win for him.

Maybe most important of all, we’ll have a different structure (GM over head coach, rather than them both being the same guy). No matter what happens at HC, the franchise is better off than it was 6 weeks ago. 

Edited by e16bball

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I absolutely disagree. 

Is Dan Quinn bringing Dan Snyder with him? Is he bringing Ron Rivera with him? Bruce Allen? 

Ya'll sound like spoiled children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. 

Well agree to disagree then. Dan Quinn would be a waste of the next 3 years. The dude is a loser retread with Cowboys stink currently on him. I want nothing to do with that guy. I'm not saying we had to have Ben Johnson, I'm just saying we have to not hire Dan Quinn. 

Edited by MKnight82

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

We all just want the best for this team. Passion for this team and want it to succeed 

I do too bro. Strike while the anvil is hot, I get it. That doesn't mean we have to have the best of everything though. We literally cannot quantify the amount of winning we have done as a fanbase over this past year, even with the product that is on the field. An ownership group, that is just like you and I, that wants this team to return to glory. A GM that is highly thought of, that wins everywhere he goes. Could any of us even imagined this possible? 

Not even two years ago, I was sure Dan Snyder would ever leave/sell and seriously considered turning in my fan card after they named the franchise the least popular from their "poll". Let's not get greedy guys, we are winning.

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Do you think things are playing out like Adam Peters wants it to go?

Right. I would highly doubt, after walking away from all of this and all of the interviews, the group had Quinn as their #1 - hell in their Top 3. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay, fair. 

Just like I thought.  I honestly think we set ourselves up thinking we were getting the next big “wunderkind” as far as offenses go.  

There is a shift going from coordinator to head coach, and it’s a pretty big shift.  

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Do you think things are playing out like Adam Peters wants it to go?

I have to imagine so. In the introductory press conference Peters and Harris said this would be a thorough interview process and they would get the next leader of this franchise. 

I trust the process. 

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think some of us feel if Dan Quinn is brought in as the HC it’s just going to be more of the same mediocrity like we’ve had for the past 3 decades. 

At least with Weaver or Glenn there is the unknown. We saw Quinn. And we saw Quinn here the last four years. I can't buy it. The dude is going to have a big ******* hill to climb with this fanbase. 

• Like 3