The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dan Quinn

Anthony Weaver

Aaron Glenn

Eric Birnemy

Take your pick 

Weaver? At least we don't know anything?

One appears to be Ron 2.0, one is a not so great coordinator but players love him, one is an OC who was already here and sucked. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Either he has a terrible agent or there's something going on there we don't know. 

I'm betting on the latter. Frequently stuff is kept hush hush until a reporter gets wind and then the media frenzy ensues. 

I think he is a good coach and will get his shot again. The players "seemed" to like playing for him. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We are beginning to see the switch from coach-centered to executive-centered again.  How things have played out with a lot of those coaches is that they got lucky with finding their QB, and that made a lot of those other things end up working themselves out.  

Every coach hired this cycle isn’t running personnel.  If there was indeed major friction with Vrabel and Cathorn over personnel control, I can imagine everyone else is probably hands off at this point.  

You don't think that Jim Harbaugh has final say on personnel? 

Honestly, I prefer the executives to take care of that and work in unison with the coaching staff anyway. I have always been jealous of Howie Roseman because he is the epitome of successful roster/asset management. If Peters can be our Roseman, then we just need a leader of a football team and that also is a huge improvement over the past 5 years.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well when the Chargers are winning we can pretend he was a bad candidate

Supposedly, Ben Johnson also said that the only team he would consider was the Chargers as well. 

They aren't a bad team and I don't think Jim Harbaugh is a bad coach. 

I do believe that every situation is different and you can't just throw anyone in any scenario. There is a right fit.

*Edit* Found the Ben Johnson tweet 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And so what do you do when he’s out after three years and destroyed the locker room culture like before?  

Because to me this is just as likely as it is where he'll just win with LAC too. 

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And so what do you do when he’s out after three years and destroyed the locker room culture like before?  

He just won a National Championship. He took the 49ers to the Playoffs 3 times in 4 years and went to a Super Bowl. The guy is a winner. If he takes us to a Super Bowl and wins and then implodes the team the following year I couldn't care less. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Because to me this is just as likely as it is where he'll just win with LAC too. 

His record says otherwise. He might be a pain in the *** but every single team he has taken over from college to the pros has improved greatly. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

His record says otherwise. He might be a pain in the *** but every single team he has taken over from college to the pros has improved greatly. 

Well what he did in college is college. We'll find out if the NFL, his stupid *** schtick, and his history in it will hold up. The game is different from 10+ years ago.