The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Okay dude. Whatever. I'm clearly wrong here. Harbaugh sucks. 

He might not. We're gonna find out. 

I (along with what seems like is a lot of people in here) just think Harbaugh is a piece of **** who wears out his welcome with his schtick, and didn't want anything to do with him for those reasons. Could he win? Sure. He's got the best QB of all the open jobs. Will he before people want to move on? Time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

No, but if we had to guess from the inferences from the local beats (who have been pretty spot on), then there is some reasonable assumption that they didn't get their Top 3 candidates and are now pivoting to figure out what to do from what is left. 

The local beats that WERE spot on. Past tense. What have they correctly called since the end of the season. How many leaks have come out? The media all assumed that we were all-in on Ben Johnson, but there has been ZERO evidence to any of that. 

The fact is that we have absolutely no clue what is going on behind closed doors for the first time in 20+ years and it's clearly affecting some more than others. This fan base has never been a patient one, but the same people that chastised me for wanting Harris to get rid of Rivera before the season was over, are now freaking out because they don't know who the HC is and are jumping down every rabbit hole they can find. 

Meanwhile Adam Peters is continuing to do his job by being at the Senior Bowl scouting prospects. There is no rushing to bring in more candidates. So while fans are freaking out, the decision makers are staying the course and trusting the process. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Okay dude. Whatever. I'm clearly wrong here. Harbaugh sucks. 

Bro, tensions are high in here. Literally anything can turn into a disagreement. Take a lot of what is said with a grain of salt. 

Brighter days are on the horizon and people will even out when the HC is announced. There will undoubtedly be those upset, but a HC will be signed and we will progress forward. 

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The media all assumed that we were all-in on Ben Johnson, but there has been ZERO evidence to any of that. 

I disagree. The fact that we waited for him to come available and then amped up our interviews IMO shows he was the frontrunner. I think they've been caught with their pants down and now have no idea what to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I disagree. The fact that we waited for him to come available and then amped up our interviews IMO shows he was the frontrunner. I think they've been caught with their pants down and now have no idea what to do. 

Bro him, Weaver, MacDonald and Glenn all came available at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The local beats that WERE spot on. Past tense. What have they correctly called since the end of the season. How many leaks have come out? The media all assumed that we were all-in on Ben Johnson, but there has been ZERO evidence to any of that. 

Keim has said since the beginning we wouldn't interview Belichick. Keim has said for days it wasn't a lock for Ben but he expected it. Tells me Washington probably did too. Keim was all in on Peters being the top choice with Ian Cunningham the name to watch. 

Either you trust the beats or you don't. There are far less leaks, but they're not nonexistent. I literally posted about Schefter and Keim's language about Ben Johnson before it happened. The cracks were showing. The expectation was that we were waiting on Ben. It's come from a lot of people. It backfired. It happens. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Keim has said since the beginning we wouldn't interview Belichick. Keim has said for days it wasn't a lock for Ben but he expected it. Tells me Washington probably did too. Keim was all in on Peters being the top choice with Ian Cunningham the name to watch. 

Either you trust the beats or you don't. There are far less leaks, but they're not nonexistent. I literally posted about Schefter and Keim's language about Ben Johnson before it happened. The cracks were showing. The expectation was that we were waiting on Ben. It's come from a lot of people. It backfired. It happens. 

So he correctly assumed we wouldn't interview Bill Belichick, was wrong about expecting Ben Johnson to be the guy and we got the guy "he was all-in on" as our GM. 

So where are his reports that things aren't going as planned? Where are the leaks of the team scrambling to save face? Where is the report that we gambled on Ben Johnson and it backfired? 

At this point, you guys can assume that their master plan has failed, but everything seems to be business as usual for the F.O.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

So he correctly assumed we wouldn't interview Bill Belichick, was wrong about expecting Ben Johnson to be the guy and we got the guy "he was all-in on" as our GM. 

So where are his reports that things aren't going as planned? Where are the leaks of the team scrambling to save face? Where is the report that we gambled on Ben Johnson and it backfired? 

At this point, you guys can assume that their master plan has failed, but everything seems to be business as usual for the F.O.

If the plan was to be the last team to hire a HC while all the other teams filled up their coaching staffs it was a terrible plan to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still feel like being last to name your coach tells me otherwise. You still gotta fill a staff, etc. Time is ticking. There are negatives to keeping on waiting. Things get settled. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If the plan was to be the last team to hire a HC while all the other teams filled up their coaching staffs it was a terrible plan to begin with. 

The plan, as stated by owner and GM, was to be thorough in finding the right person to lead this franchise. 

Just because the fanbase is impatient doesn't mean things aren't going as planned. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I still feel like being last to name your coach tells me otherwise. You still gotta fill a staff, etc. Time is ticking. There are negatives to keeping on waiting. Things get settled. 

Exactly. Them still standing here without their HC is the evidence that is hasn't gone according to plan. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

The plan, as stated by owner and GM, was to be thorough in finding the right person to lead this franchise. 

Just because the fanbase is impatient doesn't mean things aren't going as planned. 

What if they're too thorough then? What if they let the best candidates go elsewhere because of that? What if this hinders getting a staff together?

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Absolutely, but being thorough and finding the "right" person has been the plan all along. 

Plus think of all the great media attention we are getting from being the last ones to fill the spot. Once we hire our guy, it will be all Washington talk, all the time. ;)