The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not bad mouthing the people that literally saved us from the Snyder era as incompetent people who don't have a plan. 

I've said all along they had a plan. I just (where we differ) think their endgame plan didn't work and now they're retooling that plan. 

Plan A -  Ben Johnson
Plan B -  Mike Macdonald
Plan C - uh, we gotta dig a little deeper into these other people we interviewed I guess. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

It absolutely stinks when you don't get what you want, but rationale thinking is important in these situations and all I'm seeing is emotional responses. 

But here is the difference there. I am a fan. This isn't my business. If I was Peters I would have a whole different approach and attitude right now. But I am not, and therefore only need to react as a fan - and that is 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Based on the crappy candidates they interviewed? Sure. Whatever man. I don't get your attitude on this. You've been in here every week calling for Rivera to be fired. Where was the patience then? Now this is a total disaster and you're all over us for wanting something to actually go right for once. 

The problem is we are spoiled beyond our wildest dreams at this point. No Dan Snyder. Check. No Ron Rivera. Check. A true GM. Check. We are most likely going to draft, what is perceived to be the QBotF, and you are sitting here "wanting something to go right for once". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

The problem is we are spoiled beyond our wildest dreams at this point. No Dan Snyder. Check. No Ron Rivera. Check. A true GM. Check. We are most likely going to draft, what is perceived to be the QBotF, and you are sitting here "wanting something to go right for once". 

You seem to be lumping me in with some other crap you're reading online. I just don't want Dan Quinn. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

But here is the difference there. I am a fan. This isn't my business. If I was Peters I would have a whole different approach and attitude right now. But I am not, and therefore only need to react as a fan - and that is 

giphy.gif

Again, you can react how you please. I'm not telling you how to feel, only try to offer a different perspective to a group clearly upset. You are all a great group to post with, even though I have wildly different viewpoints. I think we are all in the same boat, as I have said before, and no one wants to see their brothers suffer. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Well hopefully you and I can celebrate a Weaver or Glenn hiring. 

The best case scenario for me at this point is there's some dark horse candidate that hasn't been reported anywhere that they hire. 

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I've said all along they had a plan. I just (where we differ) think their endgame plan didn't work and now they're retooling that plan. 

Plan A -  Ben Johnson
Plan B -  Mike Macdonald
Plan C - uh, we gotta dig a little deeper into these other people we interviewed I guess. 

In my opinion:

Plan A - Find the best leader of the team. They don't have to be successful coordinators, only leaders of men.

No other plans. 

• Like 1

I think the fact that everything in the league was so out there about Ben to DC that it made Macdonald feel like a consolation prize. Meanwhile, Seattle was pretty tight lipped from a media standpoint and coveted him.

That and facilities is why we are in this position.

The fact remains that until we have a plan, or facilities in place that this kind of thing can happen.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The best case scenario for me at this point is there's some dark horse candidate that hasn't been reported anywhere that they hire. 

I am curious as to who you think that would even be.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I think Weaver, Glenn and Quinn all fit the bill of leaders of men. I think Johnson and MacDonald both probably fit as well, but at the end of the day it didn't work out with them.