The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

When Quinn the Eskimo gets here all the pigeons gonna run to him ! 

Come on without, come on within. You've not seen nothing like the Mighty Quinn !.

UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RSkinGM

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Whew Quinn the Eskimo gets here all the pigeons gonna run to him ! 

Come on without, come on within. You've not seen nothing like the Mighty Quinn !.

UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

I like “The Mighty Quinn” as a nickname. That’s a front-runner for “how I’m primarily going to refer to him” at the moment 😂

Will say, if we could grab Joe Whitt and Al Harris off of Dallas’s staff to join The Mighty Quinn, that would be a major win for us. Have loved what they’ve been able to do in maximizing their talents in the secondary — some guys who were absolute nobodies have made serious impact for them in recent years.

Klimt Kubiak has some name recognition and some affiliations with quality coaches. I don’t know if he, personally, is any good — but I like the tree he’s growing from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I do feel a little bad for Dan. Half this fanbase hates him and has zero faith in him to succeed. 

I don't hate him. By all accounts his players absolutely love him but we had an opportunity to finally do something different around here and this is nothing more than what Snyder would've done. Its more of the same. Obviously I hope this works out but this is definitely not what I expected out a long and thorough search. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I do feel a little bad for Dan. Half this fanbase hates him and has zero faith in him to succeed. 

I'm not sure this forum speaks for half the fanbase. 

I think once the dust settles, we get through the draft, feelings may change. 

I will say however that I expect us to be pretty bad this year. A retread HC having bad seasons is going to be significantly less tolerable than a rookie/young prodigy HC having bad seasons. 

• Like 1