Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - All-Star Bowl XXIV Posted)

5 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Maybe in the other conference. In Cheesy it's essentially all FB time.

Mostly. Breece Hall spent time as RB, as I'm sure you know (since you are the one who started him there before trading him) :P

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Mostly. Breece spent time as RB, as I'm sure you know (since you are the one who started him there) :P

Ya. 1 game at RB 2 and while his running and receiving stats are pretty good despite only playing one game at RB, he's got like no pancakes, which is much more important for the position. He's out of my running.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@TheKillerNacho

Let's go ahead and move Wilson and Addison back to wr 1&2 while demoting bonernoses Cobb and reagor. Put kene back at kr and turn offensive aggressive up to 55

You sir have earned yourself a TNF game... and because no other games can go there to have a everyone play a meaningful game at kickoff.

7 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

You sir have earned yourself a TNF game... and because no other games can go there to have a everyone play a meaningful game at kickoff.

What I always dreamed of

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Week 16 Power Rankings:

1. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (12-3, LW:1) - Rio loses but holds onto #1 for now. There is a possibility that they can drop behind Little Rock next week, even with a win. 1 game isn't much, especially when head-to-head results are involved. Heck, with a loss they'd definitely drop below the Little Rock vs Hamilton winner. It'd be a bit weird to see the Hornets at #1 without winning their division but they would have just beaten both of the top 2 teams. Due to recent results, the Pirates wouldn't fall behind anyone else except maybe Greenland or Indianapolis.
2. Little Rock Uni Royals (11-4, LW:3) - Little Rock won and removed some of the drama next week as they have clinched the division over Hamilton. However, Hamilton beating Rio has made this game mean something as they can now get home-field throughout the playoffs.
3. Hamilton Hornets (10-5, LW:5) - Hamilton got a huge win on the road vs the top team in these rankings. Lancaster winning prevented the Hornets from clinching a playoff berth. They'll need a result vs the Royals or they'll need Reykjavik and Lancaster to not both win their final games. If they make it they will play Little Rock unless they win and Rio loses. In that scenario they'll go to Rio yet again.
4. Indianapolis Predators (11-4, LW:2) - That was a very odd loss and they could have clinched home-field since the Venom lost but now they'll need a win or tie to clinch the top seed. If they lose they will fall to the 3 seed and likely get a playoff rematch without having to leave town.
5. Greenland Polar Bears (10-4-1, LW:7) - Weird team keeps winning. Weird. They clinched the division. It looked like they were going to have to settle for 2nd in the conference but thanks to Indy and Freiburg both losing, they will get home field throughout the playoffs if they win, or tie and Freiburg win.
6. Lancaster Fighting Amish (9-6, LW:9) - The Amish won by 1 point to sweep the season series vs the Direwolves and will clinch the playoffs with a win vs Butte or a tie and Direwolves loss or tie.
7. Freiburg Venom (10-5, LW:6) - They no longer control their destiny for the top seed but Indianapolis also got upset so they will play each other for the division title this week. If they can get the win and Greenland lose then they will get the top seed.
8. Reykjavik Direwolves (9-6, LW:4) - They lost and no longer control their own destiny but they will get the Sunday late afternoon spotlight as Hamilton may have already clinched before kickoff. They must win the game and have at least one of Hamilton lose or Lancaster lose or tie.
9. Butte Bots (8-7, LW:8) - All the results went Butte's way. Butte took care of business and doesn't have to worry about Hamilton losing out anymore. To make the playoffs they must win and have the Direwolves lose.
10. Hanoi Viet Kongs (7-8, LW:11) -Ā  That's 3 wins in a row for Hanoi and maybe it would be 5 if they didn't get thrown on the moon when they were expecting to play in Antarctica. They would have still been eliminated this week as Lancaster owns the 3-team tiebreaker and Hamilton is out of reach. Mac Jones may be a raging dumpster fire but his team is on fire.
11. Scranton Papermakers (7-8, LW:13) - Scranton got the win vs Phoenix and the Egypt loss they needed to keep their season alive. The stats seem to show that they are among the better teams in the league but are inconsistent and that may even cost them a chance to prove themselves in the playoffs. They'll need a win, a Phoenix loss and an Egypt loss or tie to make the playoffs.
12. Egypt Starfalls (7-8, LW:10) - They were projected to make the playoffs and everything was going their way until they lost to Burlington. They can still make it but they'll need a win and Phoenix to lose to Wattsville.
13. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (8-7, LW:12) -Ā  Zero wins vs a team with a winning record. It might be none vs a tied record. And because of Burlington they just have to beat Wattsville to make it... or they can lose and still make the playoffs. Honestly, I'm surprised after last season. Heck how are they so consistent in this league of all things? Considering their record, they've beaten all the teams they are expected to beat with that record, lost to all the teams they should have lost to and split vs the one team that may finish at .500. As far as the rankings go they can finish as low as 14th or as high as 1st by winning it all.
14. New Zealand Blobfish (6-9, LW:14) - They got a win which means they are just one more win away from being promoted out of the bottom tier.
15. Burlington Sock Puppets (5-10, LW:17) - Burlington has some solid wins this season and they played major spoiler this past week and can do so again to end the season. This team definitely has shown a lot of promise but their weaknesses have come through more often than their strengths.
16. Anchorage Amphibians (5-9-1, LW:15) - Their schedule seems to suggest they are a mid team but they have allowed way too many more points than they've scored and had some truly bad results early. Anchorage will finish among the bottom teams thanks to Tokyo not offering an opportunity to prove themselves one last time.
17. Cincinnati Buffleheads (5-10, LW:16) - Cincinnati will finish the season in the bottom tier but the chant the visiting fans will be taunting New Zealand with will be "one of us".
18. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (4-11, LW:18) - The Orcas will finish the season at #18 no matter the results this week.
19. Wattsville Waste Walruses (3-12, LW:19) - Wattsville has locked themselves into the #2 overall pick which will be given to Hamilton. Their next 3 rounds will go to Tokyo. Hopefully they got the knowledge and insight they sought with their experiment of a season.
20. Tokyo Samurai (2-13, LW:20) - Tokyo have secured the #1 overall pick in the draft and also own the first 2 picks in rounds 2 through 4. There is still a slight chance they don't finish bottom of these rankings if they win their final game and Wattsville lose.

GOTW
Ā Indianapolis Predators @ Freiburg Venom (SNF)

National TV:
Ā ReykjavĆ­k Direwolves @ Burlington Sock Puppets (Sunday late Cheesy simulcast)
Ā Scranton Papermakers @ Greenland Polar Bears (Sunday early Salsa simulcast)
Ā Lancaster Fighting Amish @ Butte Bots (Saturday Night)
Ā Tokyo Samurai @ Anchorage Amphibians (TNF)

Rest of WEEK 16 (Mon, May 13th)
Ā Rio de Janeiro Pirates @ Hanoi Viet Kongs (Sunday late)
Ā Little Rock Uni Royals @ Hamilton Hornets (Sunday late)
Ā Phoenix Rubber Ducks @ Wattsville Waste Walruses (Sunday early)
Ā Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas @ Egypt Starfalls (Sunday early)
Ā Cincinnati Buffleheads @ New Zealand Blobfish (They can play Saturday afternoon before the main game but only with a Peacock subscription)

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

15. Burlington Sock Puppets (5-10, LW:17) - Burlington has some solid wins this season and they played major spoiler this past week and can do so again to end the season. This team definitely has shown a lot of promise but their weaknesses have come through more often than their strengths.

One more time, lets go!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

Zero wins vs a team with a winning record. It might be none vs a tied record. And because of Burlington you just have to Beat Wattsville to make it... or you can lose and still make the playoffs.

Honestly, I'm surprised after last season. Heck how are you so consistent? You've beaten all the teams you are expected to beat with that record. lost to all the teams you should have lost to if you were average and split vs the one team that may finish at .500.

Ā 

Now watch said consistency disappear and you make a big playoff run.

I just feel like my team on paper should easily be a top 5 team. Maybe I'm biased but idk.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAOJoe said:

I had you at 3 in the preseason.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. I've tried different sliders and nothing seems to be working but I felt like my defense should be really strong and it's been pretty average, even with some added talent post draft.

Ā 

I think @TheKillerNachois just a hater

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. I've tried different sliders and nothing seems to be working but I felt like my defense should be really strong and it's been pretty average, even with some added talent post draft.

Ā 

I think @TheKillerNachois just a hater

I agree: on paper, your team should be extremely strong.

My initial takeaway: a lackluster 2023 NFL season caught up to a few of the bigger names. Judon's stat line is remarkably underwhelming for a #1 EDGE, and Onyemata isn't really excelling at anything. Kaden Elliss and Leo Chanel appear to just be mediocre, which checks out. After looking deeper: you've allowed the most yards per carry, which seems to support the notion that the struggling front seven is letting down what should otherwise be a dominant group.

52 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My initial takeaway: a lackluster 2023 NFL season caught up to a few of the bigger names. Judon's stat line is remarkably underwhelming for a #1 EDGE, and Onyemata isn't really excelling at anything. Kaden Elliss and Leo Chanel appear to just be mediocre, which checks out. After looking deeper: you've allowed the most yards per carry, which seems to support the notion that the struggling front seven is letting down what should otherwise be a dominant group.

Your two teams, Cincy and the Orcas allow way too many points.

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Judon got hurt, but Elliss is coming off back to back very strong NFL seasons. Chanel had a good season. Onyemata is an above average starting NFL DT.Ā 
Ā 

I just donā€™t understand why itā€™s been such an underwhelming defensive unit.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Judon got hurt, but Elliss is coming off back to back very strong NFL seasons. Chanel had a good season. Onyemata is an above average starting NFL DT.Ā 
Ā 

I just donā€™t understand why itā€™s been such an underwhelming defensive unit.Ā 

See, this is where it gets tricky. (Sim-related rambling and speculation ahead.)

Elliss is coming off one very strong NFL season. His 2022, from a statistical perspective, wasn't all that great, even if certain metrics feel he played well when on the field, and he did almost nothing in 2021. That, to me, is a guy that probably won't be great in the sim right now (but may have upside moving forward).

It's sort of the same story with Chenal: very few flash stats in 2023 plus a combined 65 tackles, which has him ranked 159th out of all defensive players that year. It's just not a lot for the sim to go off of.

Just as it takes multiple seasons for rookies to perform any better than "decent" players, I think you have a bunch of guys that are either statistically underwhelming or unproven. It was my initial reaction to considering where your defensive deficiencies might lie, and the rushing stats allowed seem to support that observation.

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - All-Star Bowl XXIV Posted)