"Big Game" Defensive Mind: Spagnuolo vs Belichick

General Tso

I hate you all. The answer is BB. He’s just more superior.. Guy has shut down legendary offenses with the help of refs. Even Pat players were shocked how much they got away with. Willie had a great quote about holding Faulk all game. 

Still apags shut down Brock Purdy. GSOT is lighting that as up for 45 pts in the first half. 

BB will go down as one of the greatest minds ever. Spags got lit up by the Rams that year too by 50+ we couldn’t score a tuddy on the pats… Injuries and all but still. We should have won. Bb is just the goat at making a game plan and taking your best players away. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I hate you all. The answer is BB. He’s just more superior.. Guy has shut down legendary offenses with the help of refs. Even Pat players were shocked how much they got away with. Willie had a great quote about holding Faulk all game. 

Still apags shut down Brock Purdy. GSOT is lighting that as up for 45 pts in the first half. 

BB will go down as one of the greatest minds ever. Spags got lit up by the Rams that year too by 50+ we couldn’t score a tuddy on the pats… Injuries and all but still. We should have won. Bb is just the goat at making a game plan and taking your best players away. 

Spags shut down the 2007 Pats, no credit for that??

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Spags shut down the 2007 Pats, no credit for that??

Yeah. But that was just a mismatch nightmare. But you’re right, but for some reason i thought this was just about the the chiefs spags lol. I’m a traumatized Rams fan by spags I forgot he was on the giants for a sec. 

Spags shutdown the Shanahan offense twice in the Super Bowl and the Brady-led Pats twice in the Super Bowl

Belicheck shutdown the GSOT, the Reid/McNabb Eagles, Bevell/Wilson Seahawks, Shanahan/Ryan Flacons and the McVay/Goff Rams.

The knock on Belicheck is his losses to the Foles and Eli led offenses - not sure about Spags' big game losses TBH

Edited by MaddHatter

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

Spags shutdown the Shanahan offense twice in the Super Bowl and the Brady-led Pats twice in the Super Bowl

Belicheck shutdown the GSOT, the Reid/McNabb Eagles, Bevell/Wilson Seahawks, Shanahan/Ryan Flacons and the McVay/Goff Rams.

Spags was not with the giants in 2011.But what he did in 2007 with the giants were amazing and not just for the super bowl but the game vs cowboys and packers too

I still gave the edge to Belichick especially if we include what he did as DC with the Giants...Montana and the 49ers offense were unable to produce against the Giants defense in the playoffs under Belichick...And it happens 3 times

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Its Belicheck, he has been shutting down top flight qbs since the 80's. Not only does he have Manning under his belt, but as Giants D Co. shutdown Montana too.

Great against greats but bad against mediocre? (Foles, Eli, etc)