2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

9 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Pretty harsh review but great points about the CBs

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/valenti-lions-free-agency-plan-arrogant

Valenti is a known clown and giant hypocrite. His interest lies in having something to whine about and he will always find it.  If the lions spend in FA he”lol turn into you don’t win SB’s by winning the off-season guy and vise versa.  He was more negative on the Tigers when they were going to WS’s and winning the division every year than he is when they stink.  It’s just his schtick.  Clown world variety show

• Like 2

Just now, BigC421/ said:

Valenti is a known clown and giant hypocrite. His interest lies in having something to whine about and he will always find it.  If the lions spend in FA he”lol turn into you don’t win SB’s by winning the off-season guy and vise versa.  He was more negative on the Tigers when they were going to WS’s and winning the division every year than he is when they stink.  It’s just his schtick.  Clown world variety show

He made valid points on the CBs though. 

It's not much of improvement. Then the new CB comes out and talks like he's a lock down CB which was hilarious.

Like the addition but he's full of himself in terms of what he's actually done 

4 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

It's not much of improvement. Then the new CB comes out and talks like he's a lock down CB which was hilarious.

Calton Davis isnt much of an improvement over Vildor ?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Davis may not be elite but he's immediately the best CB on this team, it's definitely an improvement.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Davis may not be elite but he's immediately the best CB on this team, it's definitely an improvement.

You do realize he graded out almost identical to Sutton right?

I think people are hearing the name and what Detroit gave up and are like this is a great upgrade.

Hes a #2 type corner or #3. It's a good addition to weak secondary but I can think of several CBs in this draft I would put over him day 1 

7 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I think people are hearing the name and what Detroit gave up and are like this is a great upgrade.

Hes a #2 type corner or #3. It's a good addition to weak secondary but I can think of several CBs in this draft I would put over him day 1 

He also had a down year last season by his standards. Who knows why but he seems a little young to be regressing already so hopefully he can get back to his previous form where he was a legitimate number 1 CB.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

The Bengals just signed Sheldon Rankins.

DJ Reader just visited with us yesterday (there was a comment regarding medicals, which makes sense why we haven't heard anything just yet). However, I suspect that the Bengals know he's not coming back. I believe it was us, Bengals and one other team. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I don't think the Lions are in position to land one of those CBs in the draft.

13 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

His own coach called him a top ten CB…..Jamarr chase said he was the toughest CB he went up against….dude played well until last year 

Edited by Miblue