2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

11 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I dont think they have to go to 2 or 3 for McCarthy.  I dont think he makes it to 11 but I think he will be 3rd QB taken

There's talk about Drake Maye.. Jayden Daniels could also be the target. 

Jordan Fuller has been signed by the Panthers to a 1-year deal.  As much as I want them to bring someone in, it seems like they may wait until the draft or for someone else to be available.   I am have my fingers crossed for Justin Simmons.

Edited by Just Want A Title

57 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

That's good. I like it 

Max $2M for him, so that's likely something around vet minimum plus incentives. He's a guy they know and like. Doesn't force the issue at WR but it also doesn't hinder us from taking someone in the draft. 

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Max $2M for him, so that's likely something around vet minimum plus incentives. He's a guy they know and like. Doesn't force the issue at WR but it also doesn't hinder us from taking someone in the draft. 

I wanted a big bodied WR in the draft.  He gives some size so now if they take a small WR I wont hate it.

I think the quality at WR in the draft are all on the smaller side anyhow.

32 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

What a horrible trade 

With the way that things were shaking out, they're probably just happy to get something for him. They could have held onto him but that wouldn't have been fair to the kid and it wouldn't have been a good environment for the new QB coming in. Both guys get a clean slate. 

26 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

With the way that things were shaking out, they're probably just happy to get something for him. They could have held onto him but that wouldn't have been fair to the kid and it wouldn't have been a good environment for the new QB coming in. Both guys get a clean slate. 

I doubt Fields feels Chicago did him any favors. Chicago finally is loading up on weapons and has two early picks for more weapons and/or improving the line. Now he's the suspected back up to a guy who was terrible last year on a team that just unloaded one of its top WRs and has a below average offensive line. 

Edited by Nnivolcm
  • Like 1

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

Chicago drafts at #1 and #9 in the first round but don't pick again until 75 and don't have any picks after the 4th round.  It seems like a strong possibility that they trade back from #9 to get more draft picks.  Moving back from 75 might be an option also.

To be fair they don't have many needs for starters anymore.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Chicago drafts at #1 and #9 in the first round but don't pick again until 75 and don't have any picks after the 4th round.  It seems like a strong possibility that they trade back from #9 to get more draft picks.  Moving back from 75 might be an option also.

They should move back from 1 if they want a real QB. Let someone else take Caleb the nightmare