2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

I heard Chicago turned down a couple first, and chose to get a future 6th to protect Fields feelings. 

Heard from who?  It does seem like the Bears tried to do the right thing in the trade but putting him in that situation in the first place and letting it play out in the press in the second half of the season is not a good look.

4 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Never said GB improved. I said they kept pace with Detroit. Nothing Detroit did moves them ahead of where they were with GB last year

Both Det and GB have done nothing to change their position with one another and are 1a/1b right now 

How does a team "keep pace" with a team they are trying to chase in the division but not "improve" if (in my opinion) Detroit improved their talent?

Detroit also finished 3 games ahead of GB, so if GB only kept pace, that sounds good to me!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, General Tso said:

How does a team "keep pace" with a team they are trying to chase in the division but not "improve" if (in my opinion) Detroit improved their talent?

Detroit also finished 3 games ahead of GB, so if GB only kept pace, that sounds good to me!

GB improved at Rb which is huge.

Their young WR group is a year better too.

The 3 game gap isn't that large honestly.

If you rhink Det improved I guess I think GB did too because I see the moves as similar value. 

Love another year will also make another leap lost likely. Goff is good but you aren't going to see a major improvement on what he already is. 

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Based on what is being said, I would say Kevin Zeitler is probably more than a depth signing even if you think the Pro Bowl is a joke.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/3/18/24105457/detroit-lions-widespread-praise-kevin-zeitler-free-agent-signing

So we aren't allowed to grade moves in FA per posters. But now that it benefits us to point out it's okay? Got it 

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

So we aren't allowed to grade moves in FA per posters. But now that it benefits us to point out it's okay? Got it 

Since you cited PFF for Carlton Davis are you not going to acknowledge Zeitler's 69 grade? That's an above average player, better than Jonah Jackson's 59 grade.

• Like 2

You have to give Brad Holmes credit for waiting for the free agent market to settle down while still managing to get solid additions signed to reasonable contracts.

The contracts have been reasonable.

Only real thing I think was a major mistake was trading for Cb vs signing Fuller. Beyond that they didn't do anything to cripple themselves long term so it's a plus 

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

GB improved at Rb which is huge.

Their young WR group is a year better too.

The 3 game gap isn't that large honestly.

If you rhink Det improved I guess I think GB did too because I see the moves as similar value. 

Love another year will also make another leap lost likely. Goff is good but you aren't going to see a major improvement on what he already is. 

I disagree that they got better at RB. They lost speed as well as playmaking ability in the passing game. Jacobs is a better version of Dillon, who they kept as well. So a lot of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Their WRs should definitely be better. Will be interesting to see if Watson can stay healthy for the first time in his life though.

I think GB improved on the back end of the defense. While I think they overpaid for McKinney, he's a very good player. 

You're right that Goff is what he is. Love could make a leap, but I need to see it. He was playing very well the second half of the year and I think that's his ceiling. Making a leap from that level of play would put him up in the top 5 conversation and like I said, I need to see that from him, I don't think that's something that can just be assumed to be likely to happen.

There's still the draft and a second wave of Free Agency to take place. I'm not going to grade the offseason NFC arms race until after those.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Heard from who?  It does seem like the Bears tried to do the right thing in the trade but putting him in that situation in the first place and letting it play out in the press in the second half of the season is not a good look.

I was being sarcastic.

8 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Based on what is being said, I would say Kevin Zeitler is probably more than a depth signing even if you think the Pro Bowl is a joke.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/3/18/24105457/detroit-lions-widespread-praise-kevin-zeitler-free-agent-signing

The brilliant thing is signing Glasgow first then sign KZ who is strictly a RG. Now Glasgow wil be moved to LG where he will do well but complain about it. heh heh

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

Since you cited PFF for Carlton Davis are you not going to acknowledge Zeitler's 69 grade? That's an above average player, better than Jonah Jackson's 59 grade.

Never said he wasn't an upgrade. Just not a signing that I think is significant. 

Said it's not a horrible contract but not overly excited by signing.

6 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

I disagree that they got better at RB. They lost speed as well as playmaking ability in the passing game. Jacobs is a better version of Dillon, who they kept as well. So a lot of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Their WRs should definitely be better. Will be interesting to see if Watson can stay healthy for the first time in his life though.

I think GB improved on the back end of the defense. While I think they overpaid for McKinney, he's a very good player. 

You're right that Goff is what he is. Love could make a leap, but I need to see it. He was playing very well the second half of the year and I think that's his ceiling. Making a leap from that level of play would put him up in the top 5 conversation and like I said, I need to see that from him, I don't think that's something that can just be assumed to be likely to happen.

There's still the draft and a second wave of Free Agency to take place. I'm not going to grade the offseason NFC arms race until after those.

GB could tank draft and Detroit nail it again. But losing a 3rd for below avg player doesn't help.

We shall see 

No.  They used actual grading to back up their opinions instead of inflicting random gas-lighting on other people.

Actually used grades on Davis too and having an opinion isn't gaslighting. People throw around that weak term when people disagree with their opinion, we live in a society that can't handle opposing opinions