2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Does anyone else think DPJ can develop into a #2 WR this offseason? He's only 25 and has the size.

I don't think so. He's not very good on the perimeter. Kind of sluggish despite running some nice routes.

9 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Does anyone else think DPJ can develop into a #2 WR this offseason? He's only 25 and has the size.

Or will he always be like 3-4 type? 

He had 61 receptions in 2022 so it seems like he is capable of putting up WR2 numbers.  Jameson Williams seems ready to step into the WR2 role but DPJ should be able to step in because of injuries as well.  We have some pretty solid depth at WR.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Ask yourself this. Have you looked up definition of gossip? 

"casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true."

Fortunately him not turning himself in is indeed factual. 

go take your gossip stuff elsewhere. I'm speaking about exactly what's in thee news and proven to be factual 

Lol. Your definition proved his point.

8k2vqa.jpg

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

He had 61 receptions in 2022 so it seems like he is capable of putting up WR2 numbers.  Jameson Williams seems ready to step into the WR2 role but DPJ should be able to step in because of injuries as well.  We have some pretty solid depth at WR.

Jamo is a solid 3. Year away from 2 

15 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Jamo is a solid 3. Year away from 2 

I don't think that is fair.  He was solid and dependable down the stretch for us.  He did everything he was asked to do and did it well.  He didn't have a drop in his last 11 games after having 5 in his first four games.  His routes got crisper, his separation improved and he was a good run blocker.  He has done everything to prove he is ready to be a number 2, especially if he continues to grow this offseason after now having more experience.  

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think that is fair.  He was solid and dependable down the stretch for us.  He did everything he was asked to do and did it well.  He didn't have a drop in his last 11 games after having 5 in his first four games.  His routes got crisper, his separation improved and he was a good run blocker.  He has done everything to prove he is ready to be a number 2, especially if he continues to grow this offseason after now having more experience.  

My statement has to do with more about he is deployed. 

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

My statement has to do with more about he is deployed. 

I think you have a good point with that.  It seems like Ben Johnson hasn't really figured out how to best used his explosiveness, start/stop ability and speed.  He cleared out a lot of space for ARSB and others last year.  They got a lot of production by throwing to the receiver that ran into the space behind Jamo's deep routes.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

This is a miss by Brad. Low draft compensation and this can be affordable. His contract will expire by the time Aidan gets an extension.

The only hold up is his knee issue.

Yes that was manageable. 

TBF there is about a 0% chance we're going to give out draft assets on the heels of the Sutton situation. The FO has said they prefer to draft and develop players, and that's partially because they know the guy well and have a better idea of what they're like as a human. We're not going to extend guys without knowing them well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

This is a miss by Brad. Low draft compensation and this can be affordable. His contract will expire by the time Aidan gets an extension.

The only hold up is his knee issue.

L'Jarius Sneed is a very good CB.  I don't know a lot about his knee issue but it might have been a factor.  However, giving a big extensions to L"Jarius Sneed now would impact their ability to get extensions done with ARSB , Jared Goff and maybe Penei Sewell also.  Sneed's deal came with a pretty high amount of guaranteed money ($55 Million out of $76 Million.  For better or worse, Brad Holmes prioritizes the his own players.  Honestly, I think he is one more good draft away from making this kind of deal anyway.

6 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

L'Jarius Sneed is a very good CB.  I don't know a lot about his knee issue but it might have been a factor.  However, giving a big extensions to L"Jarius Sneed now would impact their ability to get extensions done with ARSB , Jared Goff and maybe Penei Sewell also.  Sneed's deal came with a pretty high amount of guaranteed money ($55 Million out of $76 Million.  For better or worse, Brad Holmes prioritizes the his own players.  Honestly, I think he is one more good draft away from making this kind of deal anyway.

One other thing to consider:  They may not have wanted to trade him to a team that they could potentially face in the Super Bowl.  The Titans are in re-build mode so they might not even make the playoffs in a fairly competitive AFC South division.