2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Andrews had 318 yards and 7 TD's in 2015 and 489 yards with 7 TD's in 2016. 

Kraft had a big year in 2021 with 65 receptions, 773 yards and 6 TDs. 

Reiman's entire career is 41 receptions, 420 yards and 5 TDs. 

The past doesn't dictate the future but Reiman just doesn't have the experience and is going to need time to develop. I kind of see him as more of a Darnell Washington type. 

Everybody sees things differently.  To me, Tip Reiman looks like he has a fair amount of untapped potential but only with a team that is willing to run a TE-centric offense.  It is easy for me to see the Ravens taking him as Mark Andrews goes into his 7th season and coming off an ACL injury.

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Everybody sees things differently.  To me, Tip Reiman looks like he has a fair amount of untapped potential but only with a team that is willing to run a TE-centric offense.  It is easy for me to see the Ravens taking him as Mark Andrews goes into his 7th season and coming off an ACL injury.

I could also see the Lions taking him to fill a dual role as #3TE and #3OT role.  

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah I'm so sure I want someone named Tip to be a pass catcher 🤨

I don't know if Tip makes a difference but a TE who checks in at 6'5", 271 Lbs, 10-inch hands, 33-inch arm length and a 1.55/4.64 40 might offer something significant to the roster.  He also started as a walk-on and eventually became a Team Captain.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

Edited by Just Want A Title

54 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't know if Tip makes a difference but a TE who checks in at 6'5", 271 Lbs, 10-inch hands, 33-inch arm length and a 1.55/4.64 40 might offer something significant to the roster.  He also started as a walk-on and eventually became a Team Captain.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

The other thing that could push his value up is the kickoff rule changes.  His blocking skills and athleticism could make him an absolute menace on kickoff returns in the best possible way for the team that drafts him.

18 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Smart move.  He isn't flashy but he is very consistent and reliable.  I hope they give him some additional reps so that Sam LaPorta can be more rested over the course of the season.

I didn't really think about it until this morning but the new kickoff rules could give Brock Wright to make some impactful plays on kickoff returns.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:23 AM, BigC421/ said:

Way I read it was the had expressed interested but are now out on him. 

This is good, now we can get younger and better @ WR in the draft.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

But one that is not immediately ready to contribute like a veteran. Rookies are nice but veterans are essential 

Well the good news is that barring any injury, a rookie WR would only have to shoulder a WR3 role.  Any rookie is going to be in the WR room with ARSB, Jameson Williams, DPJ and Antoine Green so he will have plenty of experience to lean on.  The secondary effect of such a deep WR draft is that there will be some quality veteran WRs released following the draft.  If we don't take a WR, the opportunity to pick up a solid veteran WR after the draft should present itself.

8 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Well the good news is that barring any injury, a rookie WR would only have to shoulder a WR3 role.  Any rookie is going to be in the WR room with ARSB, Jameson Williams, DPJ and Antoine Green so he will have plenty of experience to lean on.  The secondary effect of such a deep WR draft is that there will be some quality veteran WRs released following the draft.  If we don't take a WR, the opportunity to pick up a solid veteran WR after the draft should present itself.

Jamo and Green are not veterans. So you have Sat Brown and DPJ. Not really a solid veteran group top to bottom 

9 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Jamo and Green are not veterans. So you have Sat Brown and DPJ. Not really a solid veteran group top to bottom 

I can only tell you that once you finish your rookie year, you are generally considered to be a veteran.  Jamo is going into Year 3.  Antoine Green is going into year 2.  DPJ is going into year 5.  They all know how to be pro WRs and from what I have heard, all of them have high-level work ethic.  What else should be we expecting?

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I can only tell you that once you finish your rookie year, you are generally considered to be a veteran.  Jamo is going into Year 3.  Antoine Green is going into year 2.  DPJ is going into year 5.  They all know how to be pro WRs and from what I have heard, all of them have high-level work ethic.  What else should be we expecting?

Even if you wanted to extend that to 3 years +, Jamo is going on year 3 and DPJ is year 5. They know what's expected of them from the coaches and what they need to do to perform on the field. 

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Even if you wanted to extend that to 3 years +, Jamo is going on year 3 and DPJ is year 5. They know what's expected of them from the coaches and what they need to do to perform on the field. 

Jamo missing all that time to me he is just another young WR.

If they draft another one I hope they still add a veteran. Cut Green for a veteran and draft a rookie I would be okay.