2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

21 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I think it's part of the issue with the lack of control of truth in journalism. 

Media and news is rarely accurate and this is no exception. 

But Goff needs thicker skin. I think that's the issue I have. If this bothers him I think it shows a sign of weakness. 

An argument can be made that if someone has issues with another person honestly answering a question the first person is the one who needs thicker skin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

I think it's part of the issue with the lack of control of truth in journalism. 

Media and news is rarely accurate and this is no exception. 

But Goff needs thicker skin. I think that's the issue I have. If this bothers him I think it shows a sign of weakness. 

Or maybe folks need to stand up to shoddy journalists and shoddy journalism.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

They can't control it. So it's wasted energy honestly. 

I disagree.  Some journalists have a playground bully mentality.  The only way to deal with someone like that is to stand up for yourself, and in this case, your team.  Good for him on standing up to bad journalism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

An argument can be made that if someone has issues with another person honestly answering a question the first person is the one who needs thicker skin.

Exactly.  The media is the party getting there panties all bunched up over him answering a question that dares critic there approach 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I disagree.  Some journalists have a playground bully mentality.  The only way to deal with someone like that is to stand up for yourself, and in this case, your team.  Good for him on standing up to bad journalism.

What they said isn't playground bully. Detroit has sucked for decades really. That's reality 

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Jared Goff and a lot of fans like myself would prefer to live in the present.  That is reality as well.

I'm sure when they consistently put a good team out there which they are heading in that direction more people will be positive. Until then those who are not are more than entitled to their feelings of failure this organization has shown 

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I'm sure when they consistently put a good team out there which they are heading in that direction more people will be positive. Until then those who are not are more than entitled to their feelings of failure this organization has shown 

At what point is one “no longer entitled to their feelings”? What is putting out a consistently good team? 

I’m Sincerely asking what are the metrics for this?

This franchise has historically sucked, no argument from me there. However this current regime has not. They have improved each year and been competitive even with the dumpster fire roster they inherited from quintricia. That seems like a consistent good and improving product to me.

is continual improvement good enough? Improvement to the point of the nfc championship game where they were competitive? This also includes a playoff win? In three years time?

for historic fans what will it take to give them credit? What will it take for the media to give them any credit?

by being negative to them now, does that keep the fan/media from enjoying the current ride? because it is guaranteed this won’t last forever.

is a superbowl win the only way this current team, in this window can be enjoyed?

and I ask this as one of the people who was one of the biggest skeptics over the past year.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

At what point is one “no longer entitled to their feelings”? What is putting out a consistently good team? 

I’m Sincerely asking what are the metrics for this?

This franchise has historically sucked, no argument from me there. However this current regime has not. They have improved each year and been competitive even with the dumpster fire roster they inherited from quintricia. That seems like a consistent good and improving product to me.

is continual improvement good enough? Improvement to the point of the nfc championship game where they were competitive? This also includes a playoff win? In three years time?

for historic fans what will it take to give them credit? What will it take for the media to give them any credit?

by being negative to them now, does that keep the fan/media from enjoying the current ride? because it is guaranteed this won’t last forever.

is a superbowl win the only way this current team, in this window can be enjoyed?

and I ask this as one of the people who was one of the biggest skeptics over the past year.

One is entitled to their opinion as long as they want honestly.

Ill probably be harsher on them until they do this decent for another 5 years. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

One is entitled to their opinion as long as they want honestly.

Ill probably be harsher on them until they do this decent for another 5 years. 

Agreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I guess what I’m asking is when does it go from being a legitimate opinion based on present results vs sour grapes based on historic results under wcf’s days?

You gave it 5 years of consistency. That’s a tall order for any franchise depending what the expectations are.

5 years of not sol, that’s a good expectation. 5 years of being legitimate contenders for the SB? That’s a little different.

personally, I would like to see us consistently in the hunt for the division title. If we are competitive with this, I believe that’s success.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Agreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I guess what I’m asking is when does it go from being a legitimate opinion based on present results vs sour grapes based on historic results under wcf’s days?

You gave it 5 years of consistency. That’s a tall order for any franchise depending what the expectations are.

5 years of not sol, that’s a good expectation. 5 years of being legitimate contenders for the SB? That’s a little different.

personally, I would like to see us consistently in the hunt for the division title. If we are competitive with this, I believe that’s success.

I said this decent for another 5 years. Meaning what they have done the last 2 years. 

A SB would be nice but not what I was saying 

7 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I said this decent for another 5 years. Meaning what they have done the last 2 years. 

A SB would be nice but not what I was saying 

Yeah, I get what you’re saying and not trying to imply anything. I was just processing what is consistency/success.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 2:09 PM, detfan782004 said:

If the question was about how the Lions have been historically bad, and Goff got mad, maybe you have ground to stand on.  The reporter asked about this year.  About how there is a talent gap this year with all of the stars in SF.  Ignoring the fact that we have stars too and the current talent gap is not that big and that some of our stars are actually better than their stars.  This is not a historical question.  The reporter asked it with his "Same Old Lions" way of thinking and ignoring what is literally right in front of him.  Goff had every right to point it out and mention that maybe reporters need to reassess how they are looking at this team.  The Detroit media just was waiting for the wheels to fall off and asked questions showing that.  They are the equivalent of the guy from major League that says the Indians still suck even when they are in the world series.  I get fans and long time reporters being hesitant to accept the current reality, but its a slap in the face to the players and coaches to keep being discredited by their own media.  Even the national media was pointing out the stars on our team, yet the locals couldn't.  

• Like 2