2024 NFL Combine Thread

I have seen a number of sources mocking the Lions to Ennis Rakestraw Jr.  He has a lot of game experience.  However, he was listed at 6'0" and 170 Lbs in college.  I am hoping that is his weight from his freshman year.  He really needs check in around 190 or better to hold as an outside CB.  

52 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I have seen a number of sources mocking the Lions to Ennis Rakestraw Jr.  He has a lot of game experience.  However, he was listed at 6'0" and 170 Lbs in college.  I am hoping that is his weight from his freshman year.  He really needs check in around 190 or better to hold as an outside CB.  

I've seen him listed at 188 lbs. So he would have the right size. 

33 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He has solid skills but seems to have had his fair share of injuries in this last season.  Apparently that is why he missed the Senior Bowl.  I suppose the medicals will be big for him.

When thinking about CB we need to be thinking about stopping the likes of JJ, Lamb, and Samuels. Big dudes who eat us alive. I'm not sure what it takes to slow those guys down but we need to be getting that guy and not just a guy who can handle WR2-5.

• Like 1

I have read a couple of articles about Florida St CB Renardo Green.  He got pretty good feedback from the Shrine Bowl.  There seems to be some pre-combine buzz building with him.  I suppose we will be paying attention to any CB with a pulse this year.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-florida-state-cb-renardo-green/#:~:text=As a heavy man-coverage,He recovers quite well%2C too.

Edited by Just Want A Title

One other CB that I am curious about is Cam Hart from Notre Dame.  He is a tall CB but if his 40-time and 3-cone will be really important.  Big CBs tend to have good straight-line speed but aren't so great at flipping their hips and changing direction.  His rankings are all over the place right now, from late 1st to early 4th round.  I know he had one good game against Marvin Harrison Jr but I don't really know too much more about him.  A good showing at the combine could solidify his rankings maybe give the Lions to take a closer look at him.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:44 AM, Just Want A Title said:

One other CB that I am curious about is Cam Hart from Notre Dame.  He is a tall CB but if his 40-time and 3-cone will be really important.  Big CBs tend to have good straight-line speed but aren't so great at flipping their hips and changing direction.  His rankings are all over the place right now, from late 1st to early 4th round.  I know he had one good game against Marvin Harrison Jr but I don't really know too much more about him.  A good showing at the combine could solidify his rankings maybe give the Lions to take a closer look at him.

I could be out to lunch but I just get this "CB converting to FS" vibe from Hart. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out for him. I believe he's over 200 lbs as well, so he's a big dude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I could be out to lunch but I just get this "CB converting to FS" vibe from Hart. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out for him. I believe he's over 200 lbs as well, so he's a big dude. 

You could be right about that.  Even if he was going to convert to Safety, he would still be a solid addition to the back end of the defense.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:54 PM, Karnage84 said:

One thing that stands out with me with Ennis Rakestraw Jr is his ability to stay healthy.  In his four years at Missouri he played, 9, 4, 13 and 9 games.  He was nicked up during his Senior season.  His medicals should be a big point of interest.  If there are lingering health questions I am not sure he should be taken at #29.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ennis-rakestraw-jr-1.html

• Like 1

Karnage84 mention Yale OT Kiran Amegadjie as a prospect to watch.  I was reading up on him today.  He checks in at 6'5" 326 Lbs 36.75-inch arm length.  He also looks pretty good on tape despite playing at Yale.  If he tests well at the combine his draft stock (in the press) could really blow up if his medicals check out.  I don't think he will be there at 62 if he is healthy but I would live to see what Hank Fraley could do with a player with his tools.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-yale-ot-kiran-amegadjie/

Edited by Just Want A Title

16 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

One thing that stands out with me with Ennis Rakestraw Jr is his ability to stay healthy.  In his four years at Missouri he played, 9, 4, 13 and 9 games.  He was nicked up during his Senior season.  His medicals should be a big point of interest.  If there are lingering health questions I am not sure he should be taken at #29.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ennis-rakestraw-jr-1.html

I'm not a fan of Rakestraw.  He is awful in man coverage but good in zone and from my understanding we run both quite a bit.  He also has one of the higher catch per target rate and doesn't break up passes.  He is smart and can read zones so he has a smaller target rate but you have to make plays and be more versatile IMO to be a 1st round CB.  

• Like 1