Joe Alt is the key

famousj

I think Bakhtiari is a relative lock for us. I’d even go with Donovan Smith just to have two veterans going into the draft. I’d also bring back Becton. That’s 3 starting Tackles.

This at least avoids us being jumped like the Steelers did us last year. Which sucked cause Jones was good last year and we obviously had a need. 

Regarding Huff, do not let sentiment cloud reason.  Huff is good but a luxury we do not need nor can afford.  I say "need" because we already drafted his replacement last year.  Agree or not, good teams draft replacements for high $ positions (WR, OT, Edge) BEFORE they are needed.  We are able to let Huff walk and avoid the high $ needed to keep him because we have DE / Edge all set.  I would like JD to be able to do with WR and OT if we can ever get a good QB.

That is how to manage the cap and stay competitive.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:19 AM, Big T said:

I think more like 3 years.

Probably, but I hope not.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:19 AM, Big T said:

As far as money is concerned, restructures, cuts and trades should be considered. I think by the time the dust settles the Jets could have 70-80 million in cap space

That would be a lot of restructures considering what we have right now ($20M).  I really can't see us squeezing more tha another $10 - $15M out of this roster.  Remember, we only save money on Zach if we trade him.  Cutting him pre or post June 1 saves nothing but adds $11M in dead money.  There really is not a whole lot that JD can do.  We went all in last year with Rodgers.  Now it is time to play the hand we are dealt.