Combine Week Mock Draft - 1st round with trades

BowserBroncos

On 2/28/2024 at 11:38 AM, BowserBroncos said:

Keep seeing a lot of people saying they think Fautanu sticks at tackle. I'd not projected 49ers to move for him if he is a guard.

Him going before Guyton was about he sticking at tackle too, Guyton is more of project and I keep seeing people saying Fautanu starts right away. Haynes in the second round is really a good get for the interior.

Yep, I'm definitely failing Fautanu at tackle first before I'm moving him to guard

• Like 2

I'd be alright with that trade down for the Jaguars, the way the board is falling.  I think it'd be awfully tempting to just grab Brian Thomas Jr right at 17 instead, but if they could trade down, grab that extra pick that they really need to bolster a lot of holes in the roster, and still get one of that tier of WRs, that's really solid.

My qualm would be...i'd take Keon Coleman over Franklin.  But with the emphasis Jaguars front office seem to put on speed...they may well prefer Franklin, so i won't nitpick that too much even if it's not my preference.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:38 PM, BowserBroncos said:

Keep seeing a lot of people saying they think Fautanu sticks at tackle. I'd not projected 49ers to move for him if he is a guard.

Him going before Guyton was about he sticking at tackle too, Guyton is more of project and I keep seeing people saying Fautanu starts right away. Haynes in the second round is really a good get for the interior.

Yeah.  I think it's fair to project that at least a decent number of teams are going to see Fautanu as a potential Tackle.  I like his odds of sticking there and maybe even at LT, than some of these real "projects".  But worst case...he should be able to "fail" inside as a great Guard.

On 2/28/2024 at 5:43 PM, LinderFournette said:

This ain't it for the jags.

Trading down 10 spots for a measly 3rd isn't good business for the jags.

Id go JPJ but I can see CB going there as well

The return on the trade down does feel a bit light.  But realistically, that might be what happens in that range of the draft.  And considering it'd basically be looking at most of the same players of interest anyway, i can see it being a, "well something's better than nothing" sort of scenario for teams in that range.

I just don't see the obsession with JPJ tbh though.  Seems like everyone's in love with him and he'd be a decent pick...but i'm not convinced the separation from JPJ to the whole boatload of other quality Interior OLine guys and even other Centers, is as big as the gap from that "1st round" tier of WRs to the 2nd/3rd heap.

That extra 3rd could easily land the Jaguars a starting Interior OLine guy in addition to getting that 1st round caliber WR (even if as above, i'd take Coleman over Franklin there).

• Like 1